Team-BHP - YetiBlog® - Tales of lost and found and surrendered on airlines
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   YetiBlog® - Tales of lost and found and surrendered on airlines (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/32285-yetiblog-tales-lost-found-surrendered-airlines.html)

I have 3 tales for you in this YetiBlog®. Enjoy.

Tale 1: The King and the BlackBerry.

Captain's stardate 1st Dec 2007

- Crap. There's the alarm. I hate the alarm. 5 more minutes Mummy. Where's that phone. I need to open my eye to put it on snooze. Which one will it be? Left eye.

Aargh. Bright display!! OK Snooze. Close eye. Sleep.

Crap. My left eye is now wide awake under the eyelid. It's throbbing and I'm seeing red spots. I'm gonna sue BlackBerry. Sigh. I'm going to get up and go to the toilet. And we're UP. And we're sitting in the toilet. Yawn.

What's that? Crap. The alarm just came back on. But I'm in the TOILET!
Oh I forgot the snooze. Let it ring.
Alarm alarm. Silence. Alarm alarm. Silence. Alarm alarm. Silence. Alarm alarm. Silence.
I wonder how many times it does that before it stops. Alarm alarm. Silence. Alarm alarm. Silence.

Crap. Literally.

Ah it's stopped. Finish my ablutions and now to pack. Quickly. Packing is second nature to me, I live out of a suitcase.
And there's the bell, Sunil's here. Good old Sunil, always on time.
Good morning Sir. Good morning Sunil. Bag le jao. Mein aata hoon.

0630 - Upar Sunil, Kingfisher wala flight hai.

I've checked in. I love Kingfisher crew. Accomodating and smiling. I didn't have to stand in line. That girl came to me with her cowboy belt and that wireless check in thingy she wears. No Baggage, says I quickly. 19C please, I'm tall. Sorry, I have 19A. OK, says I.

0645 - Security check intrigues me all the time. Disinterest is rampant. Plastic trays to put your jacket and mobile in are cracked.
More than that, people intrigue me. There's a yellow line. Nobody waits at the yellow line that says "Please wait here"
I've seen people trying to get onto the platform while the CISF guy is frisking someone else.
Then the CISF guy gets mad and says Peeche jaiye!waving his funny black tennis racket.And the metal detector. Why have it? Anywhere else in the world, you put all your metal stuff in the Xray, walk through the metal detector and if it doesn't beep, you walk back to the Xray and pick up your stuff.
Save time, save energy and effort.

We have these 2 large gateways with metal detectors that beep for everything. If the michelin man walked through this metal detector it would beep.
And of course our guys will not wait at the yellow line. They will wait UNDER the metal detector walkway.

PRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!! And he's there inside the arch. Being the monarch of all things annoying. Oblivious.
Boss it's early in the morning. Either walk the hell ahead or get the hell behind. I'm going batty with the noise.

Finished sec check.

Downstairs sir. OK thanks.

0710 - My iPod's on and I'm appreciating the new headphones. Nice. I'm doing my music video thing. Those that have read my blogs earlier will nod and understand. Watching the world talk and smile, but with my audio.

0720 - Ladies and Gentlemen, Kingfisher announces its flight IT314 to New Delhi. Kindly board from gate 10.

0735 - I'm seated in 19A. Announcements are made. Doors closing. But wait. Somebody said wait. And the doors are still open. So someone must need to board.
No one else notices, but I do this all the time and know the routine so I'm guessing someone forgot a passenger? Unlikely.

A Kingfisher man is now on board, walking purposefully. Walking up the aisle, walking with a destination preset in his mind. I wonder what's going on.

15, 16 , 17, 18, 19 he slows down and he's looking at me. Me? Naah cannot be.
But yes. He walks up to me, eye contact. Mr. Sameer Kapasi?

Umm yes
? Mind racing. What did I put in my suitcase?

He puts his hand inside his pocket. Sir, your phone. Sam, close your mouth. It's not closing. Sam say thank you.
Bbbbut how? Where?

Sir we found this on the ground
he says with a proud smile. But how did you... I remember that when my phone keylocks itself, it displays my name on the screen.
Your name is on the screen sir. I ran it through our computer and got your flight and seat number. Got you just in time.His smile gets broader.

I thank him profusely and shake his hand. My BlackBerry is a month old. Everyone around me is smiling. The crew on board are smiling.

Dr. Mallya, you run a class outfit.

Tomorrow: The King and some Black Label.

You almost lost your new phone ??? Man, you guys are so damn unlucky, i have never lost even a BSNL phone in my life. :)

Wow! That's some good class act. Full marks!

But I've got a wierd feeling. There's something that doesn't suit Mr. Yeti and Blackberries. They always tend to go loose themselves with Mr. Yeti around. Ain't it?
Next time, buy a blackberry which happens to be from the fairer sex. Maybe it'll cling on to you. :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 649300)
Next time, buy a blackberry which happens to be from the fairer sex. Maybe it'll cling on to you. :uncontrol

or maybe a blueberry. :)

full on full marks :)

waiting for the next one

A round of applause for the KF boy right there would have made him blush and run for cover. Not bad at all. This is the first time I hear of a story of a lost mobile being brought to its owner.

Funny Sam. And sad. I did the high pressure travel-to-the-site and-stomp-out-the-fire thing in IT for 4 hard years. Got out of that job before my heart exploded. My sympathies to you. You ever wake up in the morning and not remember what city you are in?

Amaaazing ..somehow all these things seem to revolve all around u .huh ?
:) Kingfisher is my favourite choice of airline and this episode just made it climb a notch higher .

Oh no not again Sam. Lucky that you did not loose it this time, thanks to the KF guys.

Cheers!!!

I remember what Rudraji asked you to do the other day - buy a dozen. :D

Great to know your blackberry is safe. :)

Hey! I thought you were in Bangalore for the Vahan Yatra! Have you left to Delhi?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 649440)

Hey! I thought you were in Bangalore for the Vahan Yatra! Have you left to Delhi?????

Read the stardate. Not the actual one. And read my location too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 649470)
Read the stardate. Not the actual one. And read my location too

Ah! I'm sorry I missed the stardate. I saw your location, but guessed that you might have not changed it.

hope you will write a nice appreciation e-mail to KF about this incident. surely will help that chap.

Quite thoughtful of the KF guy to have looked you up on their list,and actually take the time to come looking for you.
Hope your phone never leaves you again..Sam.. :D

You are one LUCKY man maaaaaan!!clap: