Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 09:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Best Maruti Service Stations in Kolkata ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_swift View Post
I did my annual service from Techno on Saturday 28 November. Overall, my impressions were good.
Thanks avi_swift for dropping an update. Glad that you had a good experience at MT. I'm planning to visit sometime next week. Since you got your car serviced recently, and I haven't been there of late (my last visit was in 2018), I had a few queries. Would be helpful if you could address some of these as per your experience:

1. Was the arena packed on the Saturday you paid them a visit? Asking this because I generally visit on a weekday, but now due to COVID, the normal rush might be less (to an extent), so I was wondering whether I can pay them a visit a bit early on a weekend and save a leave from office.

2. I am thinking of booking the service via the Maruti Suzuki Rewards app to ensure minimal contact with others. Have you booked/heard anyone book an annual service through this app? Any differences while billing/adding demanded jobs?

3. When I was trying to book via the app, the slots are shown from as early as 7 AM (probably due to COVID?)! Did you have a conversation with the SA/CCA regarding the time they start taking in cars for servicing nowadays? I always thought that they opened shop at 8:30ish in the morning.

4. The Baleno is turning 5 in a couple of months, so I happened to check the PMS 50k service line items in the MS Rewards app. The scheduled changes are the engine oil, oil filter and the gasket - oil pan drain plug. Anything else that should be done in the 5th year of service? Just checking with you, since I don't want to get handed out any of those stupid addendums when I go for the servicing.

My car doesn't have any issues apart from a couple of rattles from the glovebox (only heard while driving on undulated surfaces) and the driver window rubber seal gasket. Will try getting them fixed during the service.
bongSENse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongSENse View Post
1. Was the arena packed on the Saturday you paid them a visit? Asking this because I generally visit on a weekday, but now due to COVID, the normal rush might be less (to an extent), so I was wondering whether I can pay them a visit a bit early on a weekend and save a leave from office.
The place definitely appeared empty. In-fact I would say it was only around 50% full around 10:30 AM. The whole thing should have been over within 2-2.5 hours but still they took double the time, and blamed it on Covid related manpower shortages in the end.

Quote:
2. I am thinking of booking the service via the Maruti Suzuki Rewards app to ensure minimal contact with others. Have you booked/heard anyone book an annual service through this app? Any differences while billing/adding demanded jobs?
I am not aware of this. I had booked one appointment through the Maruti Care app long back in Naraina and it didn't speed up the process one bit then. After that I have never booked through the app and instead focused on getting there as early as possible. But from what I saw, even if you book through the app, you still have to follow up with your SA or mechanic to speed up the process, else they will take their own sweet time to complete. Just ensure you are wearing your mask properly and carry a sanitizer with you because I don't think you can drastically reduce your contact with others.

Quote:
3. When I was trying to book via the app, the slots are shown from as early as 7 AM (probably due to COVID?)! Did you have a conversation with the SA/CCA regarding the time they start taking in cars for servicing nowadays? I always thought that they opened shop at 8:30ish in the morning.
They officially open at 7AM, but work starts only around 8:30- 9. So I don't think booking a slot earlier than 9 will be useful.

Quote:
4. The Baleno is turning 5 in a couple of months, so I happened to check the PMS 50k service line items in the MS Rewards app. The scheduled changes are the engine oil, oil filter and the gasket - oil pan drain plug. Anything else that should be done in the 5th year of service? Just checking with you, since I don't want to get handed out any of those stupid addendums when I go for the servicing.
I am not sure of this. What I follow is the Maruti recommended service. But I ensure that the air filter and oil filter is changed always. Other stuff like oil and coolant, they will replace anyway.

Quote:
My car doesn't have any issues apart from a couple of rattles from the glovebox (only heard while driving on undulated surfaces) and the driver window rubber seal gasket. Will try getting them fixed during the service.
Oh yes, one thing I have learned after owning this for more than 7 years is Maruti, although reliable, is never rattle free . Safety is the other, much more serious issue ,though fortunately, I didn't have to find out till now.
avi_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 20:18   #18
BHPian

Got the Baleno serviced from Machino Techno today for the 5th servicing (PMS 50k). I had initially thought of booking the service via the MS Rewards App, but last week the Customer Care Manager called me up and set an appointment. The system is also integrated since the appointment also reflected in the App. However, the job details were missing (probably she did not enter it manually or the software does not auto-retrieve it based on vehicle service history).

I reached the workshop at 8:45 AM for an appointment at 9 AM. I was the first customer for the day which helped me beat the rush. Still, had to wait for 15-20 mins for an SA since their official attendance cutoff is 9 AM. Was funny to watch everyone scurrying in through the gates at 8:57 AM just to make it in time! Anyway, while waiting, enquired from the Supervisor (who assigns SAs to Customers) and got to know that the couple of SAs who I knew personally, the WSM and the TSM as well had all left (the dealership in the former cases and MS in the latter). And here I thought high attrition is a thing only in Sales! Nevertheless, Mr. Biswajit Dey (SA) was assigned to me who was very cordial and helpful. He took me through the job card and the tasks to be performed for the day; routinely refused all gimmicky jobs such as AC disinfection, Pad Saver, etc, and mentioned the slight rattles coming from the driver's door and the glovebox. An executive took the car for a short spin to diagnose the symptoms with me riding shotgun. When we came back, he drove the vehicle straight to the washing bay and must have reported his findings in the job card.

After cleaning the car of all accumulated dirt and grime, we headed to the service bay where the engine oil was drained and the oil filter was changed. Fluids were inspected and topped up: Coolant, brake fluid, and battery water. The cabin air filter was also changed. As for the rattles, the mechanic gave two long hammer shots on each of the door striker plates (driver and passenger) and pushed it in by a few millimeters. He also opened the glovebox and tightened the screws of the lock. When we went for a second test run, was happy to note that the door rattles had reduced, but certainly not gone. The glovebox rattles have also reduced and now the play of the door lock felt more reassuring. I reported this upon my return and since the rattles remained (albeit 30% of what it was previously), Mr. Dey waived off the labor charge that they had accounted for. Have to commend that howsoever MS might face flak for building tin cans, their service levels are better than most OEMs and they know how to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain stringent dealer KRAs .

Also, replaced the wiper blades and the batteries of both the keys. The final bill came out to be ~8k which was a little pricey to my taste, especially when all of it was routine maintenance. Maruti services are definitely not cheap anymore!

Overall a good experience at Machino Techno again. Wanted to try out the Nexa Service Center near Science City, but frankly, have no reason to turn away from Machino Techno.
bongSENse is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks