Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 10:27   #1
BHPian

Best Maruti Service Stations in Kolkata ??

I just relocated to Kolkata from Bangalore. I have never been in Kolkata for more than 7 days at a stretch so my knowledge about Kolkata is VERY less. That's where I need your help.

I own a 1 year old Suzuki Swift. I need to service it in the next week. I need to know the best service stations over here. I stay close to New Alipore but even if the good ones are far, that's fine. It would be also helpful if you could add if they have pickup and drop facility of the car or not because I really need few more days before I am able to drive around Kolkata traffic.
Old 14th December 2007, 11:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

I know about 4 dealer service stations - Machino Techno (Park Circus), Auto Hitech (Topsia - near EM Bypass), Mohan Motors(near Science City - EM Bypass) and Jalan Distributors (Beleghata)
I have been to 3 of these (Machino, Auto Hitech and Jalan) and IMO Jalan is best among these. Shuvc gets his car serviced from Mohan and is very happy with them.
Old 14th December 2007, 12:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Abhishek, welcome to Calcutta. Stay away from Auto Hitech. They used to have a very bad reputation. Don't know about present, but why take any risk? Mohan Motors are the best from what I've heard. They are also easy to find once you reach the Science City round-about.
Old 14th December 2007, 12:47   #4
BHPian

So it boils down to Mohan Motors or Jalan Motors. Since I cross science city almost everyday to reach my office I think it would be easier for me to locate Mohan Motors for this time and if things do not work well it will be Jalan to follow.

Thanks a lot !!
Old 14th December 2007, 13:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I know about 4 dealer service stations - Machino Techno (Park Circus), Auto Hitech (Topsia - near EM Bypass), Mohan Motors(near Science City - EM Bypass) and Jalan Distributors (Beleghata)
I have been to 3 of these (Machino, Auto Hitech and Jalan) and IMO Jalan is best among these. Shuvc gets his car serviced from Mohan and is very happy with them.
You can add a 5th to that - Dewar's Garage (Dalhousie). Perhaps the oldest service station in Kolkata and shows its age... space is very much a constraint, though service is prompt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
So it boils down to Mohan Motors or Jalan Motors. Since I cross science city almost everyday to reach my office I think it would be easier for me to locate Mohan Motors for this time and if things do not work well it will be Jalan to follow.

Thanks a lot !!

Mohan's service facility is far better in terms of cleanliness and space. However, reaching the place is a pain - the road from science city to their workshop will make an SUV sweat, let alone a swift.

Had my 1st service done from Mohan's and went to Dewar's today for the 2nd. No issues in the 1st service except for that road, will update on my 2nd service experience this evening
Old 19th December 2007, 12:36   #6
BHPian

Since I am new to Kolkata and roads are like a puzzle to me as of now I preferred a home pickup and drop for servicing. Since I had booked the car in my wife's names, this is a complementary service from Mohan Motors

I got the booking for 25th December (weird that they selected this date). Will update you all on the servicing quality when it is done.
Old 16th May 2012, 23:29   #7
BHPian

Re: Best Maruti Service Stations in Kolkata ??

Just thought of reviving this old but useful thread.

My experiences so far:-
Auto Hitech :- This is the dealer from where I got my car, so it was but imperative that when my rear bumper got smashed while reversing on the very first day, the car was back at the dealer's workshop the next day. I couldn't bear my brand new car to look that way and asked them to replace the bumper as soon as possible. They did it but the finish is far from satisfactory with uneven edges and dust particles in the paint.
However they did the work in time and followed up with a call.However since I was not personally present to check the car after the repair(was out of station and my father took the delivery) I couldn't complain. So,service OK I would say.

Manoco :- This is the Maruti Service Zone(MSZ) present at Chetla road.Took the car for second servicing here.Nobody was actually bothered to take a look at the car and after much haggering they did the routine check up and cleaned the car(with mud on the bumpers still visible and water droplets all over) and a foot mat missing,which was later found in a corner. They charged only Rs.70 for the free service with topup of windscreen washer fluid and the green coolant.It took 5 hours for them to do this.!!!
However this was just after the Biswakarma puja day and so they gave the reason as enough workers were not present and so the delay. Would give them another chance as it is nearest to my house.

SKY automobiles,Bhubaneswar - A special mention to them in the Kolkata service station thread for comparison. I took my car to bhubaneswar from calcutta(Bhubaneswar is where I earn my living) and gave my car to SKY automobiles for the 2nd free service. I did not have high hopes from them and expected them to be worse than their metro counterparts. The SA asked me to take the car back after servicing in 4 hours and he would give a call.The moment I left the service station I got a SMS saying that the car would be delivered at 5.30 P.M(it was 1.30). I asked them to do the routine checkup and tyre rotation followed by balancing.
The car was ready at 5.30 and looking sparkling new.The interiors cleaned impeccably with the doors and latches greased. The tyres were rotated and balanced and the car felt so good and better than when it was brand new with the minor rattles fixed. The big city service stations should learn something from them.

Would request fellow BHPians from the city of joy to narrate their experiences with the other Maruti service centers.
Old 16th April 2014, 12:03   #8
BHPian

Over the last 8 years, have been regularly visiting R S Service at Topsia. The shed is large enough and the behaviour is exemplary. Work done is always within the estimate and I have had no cause for complaint till now. I have developed a rapport with two service engineers, Shahjahan and Biju but from what I have seen around me, others are equally good. All in all, there is a lot of transparency. They even call and wish me on my anniversary and birthdays
I once went in an emergency - the car was losing coolant and heating up in no time. The moment I went in and declared the urgency of the situation, all the service engineers converged on my car, checked, discussed and found out the cause (the engine gasket had worn out). In 30 minutes was on my way home.

Also would like to mention the poor service received at Maruti Link in Salt Lake. First of all, the owner has an attitude that seems to suggest that he is doing the customer a favour. You should hear him once you ask for drop or pickup. He would give you excuses after excuses to wriggle out of giving you the service. Once, he even had the gumptions to suggest that since I stayed around a kilometre away, I should take a walk. I used to go to this place in the beginning as it is closest to my home but I was really not satisfied with the service. There is also an air of getting shortchanged and you really wont feel comfortable trusting them with engine oil change or a coolant topup.
Old 28th October 2014, 11:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Just thought of reviving this old but useful thread.

My experiences so far:-
Auto Hitech :- This is the dealer from where I got my car, so it was but imperative that when my rear bumper got smashed while reversing on the very first day, the car was back at the dealer's workshop the next day. I couldn't bear my brand new car to look that way and asked them to replace the bumper as soon as possible. They did it but the finish is far from satisfactory with uneven edges and dust particles in the paint.
However they did the work in time and followed up with a call.However since I was not personally present to check the car after the repair(was out of station and my father took the delivery) I couldn't complain. So,service OK I would say.

Manoco :- This is the Maruti Service Zone(MSZ) present at Chetla road.Took the car for second servicing here.Nobody was actually bothered to take a look at the car and after much haggering they did the routine check up and cleaned the car(with mud on the bumpers still visible and water droplets all over) and a foot mat missing,which was later found in a corner. They charged only Rs.70 for the free service with topup of windscreen washer fluid and the green coolant.It took 5 hours for them to do this.!!!
However this was just after the Biswakarma puja day and so they gave the reason as enough workers were not present and so the delay. Would give them another chance as it is nearest to my house.

SKY automobiles,Bhubaneswar - A special mention to them in the Kolkata service station thread for comparison. I took my car to bhubaneswar from calcutta(Bhubaneswar is where I earn my living) and gave my car to SKY automobiles for the 2nd free service. I did not have high hopes from them and expected them to be worse than their metro counterparts. The SA asked me to take the car back after servicing in 4 hours and he would give a call.The moment I left the service station I got a SMS saying that the car would be delivered at 5.30 P.M(it was 1.30). I asked them to do the routine checkup and tyre rotation followed by balancing.
The car was ready at 5.30 and looking sparkling new.The interiors cleaned impeccably with the doors and latches greased. The tyres were rotated and balanced and the car felt so good and better than when it was brand new with the minor rattles fixed. The big city service stations should learn something from them.

Would request fellow BHPians from the city of joy to narrate their experiences with the other Maruti service centers.
SKY AUTOMOBILES is the best maruti dealer workshop in Bhubaneswar. Customer care is their forte. They service the car really well. Even though we did not purchase the car from SKY we still service our car there. They are the best. I would suggest any Team Bhpian in Bhubaneswar to service their Maruti there. You can see your car being serviced right in front of your eyes. Very punctual in their service, they start working from sharp 7 in the morning every day.
Old 20th January 2015, 20:18   #10
BHPian

Experience with Machino Techno after sales service:

My car completed 1 month in December and the dealer Machino Techno called up to remind me for first service. They offered me for a service at my premises to which I agreed.

The Maruti guys who arrived next week in a mobile van (Eeco) were courteous enough. They cleaned up the car interior with air flow and greased the hinges. The car detailer in me didn't allow them to mop the car with their not so clean cloth. They left with a free car wash coupon to be redeemed in the workshop within six months. The charge was 112. I didn't pay any bakshish which they didn't ask for (although gave hints).

The customer care rep called me a day later and took feedback of the service.

Overall a good experience so far. The real experience will begin with the second service when I will visit the workshop.
Old 8th October 2015, 13:15   #11
BHPian

Kindly suggest a decent Maruti service station in or around Salt Lake area. My inlaws have a Zen Lxi model 2000, just done 24,xxx kms. Just a regular service, wheel balancing and alignment is needed.

Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 14:57   #12
BHPian

Reviving this old thread: please suggest a good Maruti service center in Kolkata for routine annual service. In Delhi, I used to go to Naraina which is owned by Maruti. But I don't think they have any company owned service centers in Kolkata. I had a talk with my SA from Naraina and he suggested me Machino Techno in Park Circus. Should I go to Techno like he suggested or try Jalan?(I believe Mohan has shut down for good now)
Old 12th November 2020, 17:21   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_swift View Post
Reviving this old thread: please suggest a good Maruti service center in Kolkata for routine annual service. In Delhi, I used to go to Naraina which is owned by Maruti. But I don't think they have any company owned service centers in Kolkata. I had a talk with my SA from Naraina and he suggested me Machino Techno in Park Circus. Should I go to Techno like he suggested or try Jalan?(I believe Mohan has shut down for good now)
Hi avi_swift. I am a regular at Machino Techno since the last 4 years for servicing our Baleno 1.2 Delta. We purchased the car from NEXA Premier Car World, Park Street, but later found out that their service center was in Agarpara, BT Road, which is a good 30 kms from my residence in South Kolkata. However, since the car was bought from Premier, we obliged by having the 2nd and 3rd free services done from them in 2016, but from the second year onwards, Machino Techno was our annual service destination.

Positives:

1. Convenient location inside the city near Park Circus
2. Courteous staff, customer-centric attitude, good service levels with intermittent follow ups (post service and the usual insurance renewal and service reminders).
3. Repair work quality has always been decent and insurance claim process is also seamless.
4. SAs generally do not add unnecessary items in the PMS or try push selling jobs, although last year when I was out of town, my unsuspecting parents were handed out the AC disinfection job (~550 bucks); but then I suppose one needs to be vigilant and cross-check the job card irrespective of the dealer/brand.

I used to personally know the TSM and the SM of Machino Techno who had very efficiently orchestrated my Baleno's suspension replacement under full warranty in 2018 (affected batch of initial Balenos). They had also given me a loaner Dzire Zxi for the entire duration of 1 week.

Not-so-Positives:

1. Their arena is always busy - you'd find lots of cars packed inside the dealership from as early as 9 AM. It is imperative to take time out during a weekday to beat the traffic.
2. I think they might need to revamp their facility management to ensure better space allocation for vehicles parked overnight for impending repairs. Once there was a right rear quarter panel+bumper damage in my Baleno and I had to leave the vehicle at their premise for a week to carry out the denting+painting job. After I brought the car home, next morning I noticed some corrosion spots on the rear windshield glass. By the look of it, seemed as if some chemical landed on the surface which reacted with the glass leaving behind some 8-10 micro spots. Since the spots were not visible unless you look closely, I let this incident pass and did not bother raising any concerns going by my overall experience with them.

To sum up, I can recommend going ahead with Machino Techno, provided the place is close by from your residence. Whenever I visit them, I make it a point to personally stand by my vehicle and oversee the service - it makes the workers stay alert and I get the work done in a shorter span of time. The Baleno is due for its 5th annual servicing next month and now that I am at home, I will plan to pay them a visit sometime in the first week of December. Hope this helps.
bongSENse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 12:13   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongSENse View Post
Hi avi_swift. I am a regular at Machino Techno since the last 4 years for servicing our Baleno 1.2 Delta.
Thanks bongSENse. I will go ahead with Techno this year.

About the distance and crowd, it doesn't bother me at all. I stay in Dwarka and Naraina is more than 15 KM one way, almost the same distance from our Kolkata home in Chinar Park to Park Circus. And Naraina, being Maruti owned, never experiences an 'empty' day. Even if I visit during a weekday, the place is almost sure to be bursting at the seams. Since I have heard from multiple sources (including Team-BHP) that the technical knowledge of the company owned workshop people far exceeds what can be found in other Maruti workshops, I always go to Naraina, which is the nearest company owned center from our home.

I also subscribe to the theory that its better to take some time off and be physically present when servicing your car, as any miss on the center's part can be potentially very expensive, maybe even unsafe. Naraina used to allow this but they stopped this practice last year. However, they do allow the occasional visits to the service area and I agree, it does speed the process up.
avi_swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 13:34   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi_swift View Post
Thanks bongSENse. I will go ahead with Techno this year.
I did my annual service from Techno on Saturday 28 November. Overall, my impressions were good. The place, although a lot smaller than Naraina, was way cleaner.

One weird thing I noticed was all the SMS that I got from Maruti as well as the final bill had Subhranil Chatterjee as the SA. In reality, I don't know the guy and my SA was a guy named Atif. I asked him about this when I got the first SMS and he said 'it was a system generated SA and the real SA is allotted depending on who is free'. Again, they added a lot of stuff like 'AC purification' to the final bill. But I must acknowledge that they deleted it once I checked and raised it with them. From what I have read in this forum, this is an issue with the majority of service centers across all the brands, so I cannot hold it against them since they removed them without any fuss.

I cannot comment on the work done because I am not an expert in these things. The car is driving butter-smooth now, but this is normal after every service. Techno allowed me to service area, unlike Naraina which had stopped this sometime back. I must commend the mechanic who waited for a couple of minutes after the engine oil stopped coming out before pouring in the new oil. I have read previously that its always better to wait for sometime to ensure that the old oil completely drains off before pouring in the new one. I had always requested this to the guys at Naraina but they waited for max 30 seconds before resuming their job.

The only grouse I have is the entire service took 4 hours, from 10:15AM till 2:15PM. Naraina takes a little more time but they handle at least 3X more cars. I mentioned this when the bill was being prepared and they said due to Covid, they are working on 75% workforce, resulting in the delay. Since this is my first service after Covid and I cannot comment on how long Naraina is taking in these times, I took their word for it.

All in all, I had a good experience and I will definitely go to Techno if I have any unlikely issue with the car while in Kolkata.
avi_swift is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks