Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2004, 14:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Alternate routes for you to reach faster!

Well we have already discussed the issues of traffic problems [COLOR=SlateGray](CLICK HERE)[/COLOR]. They are caused by hawkers, pedestrains, potholes, etc. It seems that it will take a lot of time for rules, sidewalks, all concrete three lane roads to appear, so we'll have to do something wise till then. And the only solution is:

[SIZE=5]Alternate Routes for avoiding traffic![/SIZE]

We move on to the alternate routes you can take to avoid getting stuck in traffic. So everybody, please post in what alternate routes you take to avoid traffic. Please format your post as follows:

Area-1 To Area-2 (Junction/Signal/Other):
Here explain in detail the route.

Last edited by Gordon : 29th December 2004 at 14:32.
Old 29th December 2004, 14:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Juhu To Khar Link Road

Juhu To Khar (Santacruz Police Station Signal):
You take a left from Nummer Eins showroom. To avoid the signal OR sometimes traffic take the first right after taking the left from NummerEins showroom. Then take the first left, go all the way straight [Guru Gobind Singh Ji Marg Lane] and then take a right and then again left. You'll reach Santacruz-Khar Link Road. If you still do not want to come out on Link Road, you can continue going straight after taking the right from "Guru Gobind Singh Ji Marg" and you will reach Khar, somewhere close to Gabbana. You can keep going straight to reach Bandra also. If you feel like connecting to Santacruz-Bandra Link Road, just take any of the left and you'll be there.
Old 29th December 2004, 18:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

[color=blue]Chembur to Dadar[/color]

after crossing the suman nagar signal , take the left towards the Imax multiplex and continue straight after the Imax multiplex - till after a 90 degree left turn u hit a signal - take a right from the signal and left at the next signal - u go over the wadala bridge and hit a signal - take left and the first right - u r in 5 gardens !! and then take a left at the main road signal and continue over the dadar flyover.

this route is specially useful in the evenings when u want to avoid the perpetual traffic snarls at sion !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 29th December 2004 at 18:12.
Old 29th December 2004, 18:17   #4
BHPian

HEY N_C, you must have better alternate routes for roads in TTC Midc Industrial area, isnt it? to reach ur factory there must be having atleast 5 different routes.

what road do u normally take to reach ur factory?i suppose u stay in Chembur.

shubbhi
Old 29th December 2004, 21:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

yea shubbhi ,

i do stay in chembur and there are many permutations and combinations of roads available to reach the TTC area to my factory. but the road i take is straight.

chembur -vashi - dont turn left into vashi at the signal under the flyover - go straight and take a left on to the palm beach road and from there straight as an arrow past the days inn hotel and the newly installed signals at sect-26 ..over the bridge that goes to T.B road -- and i take the first u turn after the bridge and a left into the M.I.D.C area and then first right in the lane where my factory is !!

where is ur factory located btw? somewhere in the TTC area?

cheers

Last edited by normally_crazy : 29th December 2004 at 21:37.
Old 29th December 2004, 21:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

[color=blue]Chembur - Sion via Chunnabatti[/color]

[color=black]fellas another route if u want to proceed to the suburbs or town via sion is thru chunnabatti. after the suman nagar signal u hit a round about - take right and immediate left and keep going straight - u come out under the sion flyover and meet the traffic on the eastern express highway. [/color]

[size=3][color=red]Caution[/color][/size] -

[color=seagreen]1) this route has a railway crossing ( if shut u have to wait for atleast 15 mins ) [/color]
[color=seagreen] [/color]
[color=seagreen]2) the route is very narrow and there are hordes of hawkers and pedestrians not to forget those innumerable autos. the going is slow but atleast u r moving.[/color]

and yeah - i always have to take this route as Mr. Stratos always gives me wrong information about the traffic at sion

cheers

Last edited by normally_crazy : 29th December 2004 at 21:44.
Old 29th December 2004, 23:49   #7
BHPian

Chembur(Suman Nagar) TO Sion Hospital/Ghandi Market

Once ur at suman nagar get onto the IMAX road nd just before imax ull come upon the new RTO office cum Truck Bay wid a huge watch tower at the entrance take a right into the place nd go straight nd ull come upon an IBP petrol pump on the right take a right nd follow the road and ull come upon a kinda kacha road nd then a set of 3 double speed breakers nd then go straight u might get a small jam but no worries keep goin straight nd then ull come onto a bridge at the end of the bridge go straight nd ull see uve come to koliwada now at the end on the road take a left head a little ahead nd walla ur at sion hospital small signal in under 15 mins ull save 15 mins if u take this route in da evenings i always do on my way back from college.
Its a great route to beat all the evening traffic.

If u donot wish to get stuck at the sion hospital signal all u have to do is at the end of the bridge take a right nd go all the way straight until u hit a dead end at this point take a right turn nd ull be just a few mins away nd across the road from Sion nd Matunga Police Station or to make it simpler exactly outside Ghandi Market here take a left nd wala just a little ahead ull see the King Circle Flyover.
Old 30th December 2004, 14:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
yea shubbhi ,

where is ur factory located btw? somewhere in the TTC area?

cheers
i also have my factory at TTC industrial area, i also take the same route from my home at nerul via vashi to my factory. except that i take a third right after taking left at reliance silicones and then go straight till i reach my factory.

takes me around 15 mins to reach my factory from nerul in my m800. enjoy drving at palm beach so i never use the turbhe route which is nothing less than a nightmare to drive.

r u in extruded products? what do u handle in the factory? i hope u dont mind me asking u all this.

shubbhi

Last edited by manaa45 : 30th December 2004 at 14:23.
Old 30th December 2004, 14:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

hey libre pal,

i tried to take the route u xplained - and guess wat ?? got totally confused and landed up in raoli village.......and had a long detour to come out to koliwada !!
that was crazy - i never knew there were houses so deep inside man !
Old 30th December 2004, 14:18   #10
BHPian

vashi to belapur or towards panvel using palm beach road

when you cross vashi toll naka take the brigde just after that and as soon as u reach the end of the bridge you will see a left turn showing road towards nerul. there is a particular "GHK cold storage" in front of that turn. just go along that route and u will reach the start of palm beach road. drive straight for around 10 kms and you will pass be nerul, and also the famous NRI Colony till you reach a signal. go straight from the signal till you come across another small bridge. after the bridge take a left turn and drive straigth till u come to the main road at belapur then take the normal route towards panvel or khargar.

this might not be a shorter route then the much used one but drive at palm beach road is worth taking.

shubbhi
Old 30th December 2004, 14:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Mahim to Dadar

Generally one heads straight from Marina Church and towards Dadar before taking a right to head towards Shivaji Park/Mayor's Bungalow. Here's an option to beat the traffic and the treachorus signal.

Once you read the Marina church, head straight till you reach a certain movie theare (can't seem to remember which one). Take a right from there (SBI branch is located at that corner as well). Then take the 2nd left, head thru buildings, take the diagonal road, head straight and voila, you reach Goa Portugesa. Time saved? Anywhere between 2-10 minutes.

Revv
Old 31st December 2004, 10:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
r u in extruded products?
yeah shubbhi ,

we are into extruded products - manufacturing hoses and profiles for 2 & 4 wheeler companies in india. and yeah me lookin after the production !!

cheers
Old 31st December 2004, 12:03   #13
BHPian

normally crazy those were some good routes to bypass sion to get to dadar !! thnx man although am on my bike 95% of the times but ill keep tht in mind though when i am in my car!
Old 31st December 2004, 13:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolsun216
normally crazy those were some good routes to bypass sion to get to dadar !! thnx man although am on my bike 95% of the times but ill keep tht in mind though when i am in my car!
hey koolsun , dont thank me pal !!
and yeah im also thinking seriously abt a bike for travelling in bbay- the traffic is killing maan.....

cheers

Most Viewed