Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 19:08   #451
Senior - BHPian

In remembrance of our dear Robin, I have a request to those who were closer to him than others.

If possible, could we please have an album consisting of all of Robin's pictures that we have had over TBHP meets, rallies, & what not over the years...
Old 27th December 2007, 19:28   #452
BHPian

Shocking news. May his soul rest in peace. Condolences to his family.
Old 27th December 2007, 19:29   #453
BHPian

Havent met him in person but only through interaction here. Really shocked to hear this news! May his soul rest in peace

This just reminds us of how fragile life is..

Drive/Ride safe everyone!
Old 27th December 2007, 19:33   #454
BHPian

I am shocked, got the news from Shantanu. R.I.P Robin!
Old 27th December 2007, 22:06   #455
BHPian

May his soul Rest In Peace...We will miss you bro...
Old 27th December 2007, 22:49   #456
Senior - BHPian

Rest In peace Robin

God Bless Your Family and Give them enough Strength to Believe the Shock :(

God Bless You and May You Rest with the Lords
Old 28th December 2007, 07:53   #457
BHPian

RIP in Robin. I was totally shocked. I always dream of owning a SBK and used to read his threads with keen interest.

May God bless your soul.
Old 28th December 2007, 10:53   #458
BANNED

Life comes fast at you! He was a fine guy with a fine taste. RIP Robin.
Old 28th December 2007, 10:58   #459
BHPian

I didn't meet him, I didn't even know him. But I feel a terrible sadness on hearing this news. Rtech has given so much to this forum. May God give his family courage and strength in this hour of immense pain.
Old 28th December 2007, 11:06   #460
Team-BHP Support

We have received a lot of enquiries about what happened. Please find below an account about what happened:

On 23rd December, Robin and some other t-bhp'ians went for their customary Sunday bike ride to Lonavala. They normally leave early and return mid morning.

On the return leg, near Panvel, an RX100 bike pulled out causing Robin to collide with him.We have no eye witnesses about what happened. The weight of the bike and resultant momentum meant that Robin suffered multiple leg, hip and elbow fractures.

The other T-bhp'ians following, saw the bike parts scattered on the road. They lay Robin on the roadside for 30 min and then moved Robin to Ambani Hospital. The hospital authorities deemed that Robin required more comprehensive treatment. On consultation with his family, it was decided to shift him to Breach Candy. At this point in time, Robin was fully conscious but in a lot of pain.

He was then shifted in an ambulance with a doctor who had no trauma experience. Near Sion, he complained of breathing difficulties. The ambulance was immediately diverted to a smaller hospital in the vicinity. They could not do much so he was rushed to Sion hospital where he was sadly declared dead on arrival. We have no insight on the post mortem details but some credible theories point to :

1: Internal bleeding that was not detected
2: Post incident trauma which sets in a lot later
3: Large broken bones lead to large fat globules emitted in the blood stream causing a heart attack.

Words cannot express the despair by those who helped Robin during his final moments. It was assumed that once he was in the ambulance that all would be well, so they went to recover the bike. Our hearts go out to them and also our thanks, they did their best but we cannot change whatever the god's have in store for us. Many bhp'ians, on hearing the news, rushed to Sion and maintained a vigil right through till after the post mortem and final place of rest until the funeral on 25th morning.

Many of us are faraway were unable to say goodbye but a lot of us gathered to say goodbye in our hearts and remember him. Some of us are suffering more having seen close friends in similar situations.

Having just celebrated their 1st wedding anniversary, the loss that Farnaz is enduring cannot be expressed. May the gods above give her, as well as his family, the strength to carry on.

Concluding, we cannot not bring Robin back but we need to learn from our loss:

1: Anything can happen even if we are careful and proficient
2: In the event of an accident, never mind the broken bones, those can be attended to later, focus on the shock trauma and scan for internal bleeding
3: Keep that margin of error - distances, escape path etc.
4: Invest in all those safety features like airbags, ABS, protective gear. One hopes you never use them but that one time you might use them will be an investment

With a heavy heart, we will close and lock this thread. What has happened, has happened. Any energy discussing this is wasted. it is best to focus on what we can do to learn from this, and remember Robin and extend any help in the future to his family.

Thanks to each one of you for your condolences, in tough times like this, the comradeship of Team-bhp has helped to endure the loss

Farewell Robin RIP

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th December 2007 at 11:40. Reason: larger img
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2008, 16:10   #461
Team-BHP Support

Excerpt from today's TOI. I guess this is for all of us from Robin's family. Thanks scooby for spotting this

Last edited by Samurai : 5th January 2008 at 16:31. Reason: full size
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 13:26   #462
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A tribute to our beloved Robin AKA RTech (RIP) - Thread closed

Did you know Robin, and would you like to leave a note of remembrance for him?

In a tribute to our beloved Moderator, we will be releasing an Rtech Memorial soon. Along with a slideshow of his pictures, the Rtech Memorial will have an area where his family & friends can submit a note for him.

If you'd like to, please email me (email address in my signature) the following. You could also use the Contact Us Form:

- Your Full Name (first name + last name)
- How you knew him (friend, colleague etc.)
- Your note of remembrance (between 50 - 100 words)

Request to please proof-read your note for language errors before sending it across.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks