Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2007, 19:25   #46
BHPian

Congrats Abhi. My elder son's favorite sleeping place used to be car. May be your daughter has the same enthusiasm towards cars and touring like you have. Have loads of fun.
Old 26th December 2007, 19:31   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Akroy! I am sure she will inherit your travelogue writing skills
Old 26th December 2007, 19:34   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Surprisingly baby stopped to cry when I took her into the car on Monday on the way back home. Is this the effect of the nandihills, ooty, bandipur, coorg, and the small drives here n there which she did in her mother's womb? Well, time will tell...
Ah, new father, so much to learn. Yesterday my one year old slept through the horrible road between mudigere and Charmadi ghats, it was like a swing to him. Infants sleep much better in cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Once she is 10 months you can get set ready to take her on long drive by air or road Air travel highly not recomanded within 10 months.
That's not true. My son first travelled from Newyork to Bangalore while he was less than 3 months, and back again few months later. Infants sleep well on flights because of the constant engine hum. I have seen lots of infants fly internationally while less than 6 months old. There is no ill effect. However, it is really draining on the parents, long flights with small babies is really crazy experience.
Old 26th December 2007, 19:58   #49
BHPian

Congratulations Abhi. Must be a beautiful feeling being a father
Old 26th December 2007, 20:35   #50
BHPian

I think it depends on the child too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ah, new father, so much to learn. Yesterday my one year old slept through the horrible road between mudigere and Charmadi ghats, it was like a swing to him. Infants sleep much better in cars.

That's not true. My son first travelled from Newyork to Bangalore while he was less than 3 months, and back again few months later. Infants sleep well on flights because of the constant engine hum. I have seen lots of infants fly internationally while less than 6 months old. There is no ill effect. However, it is really draining on the parents, long flights with small babies is really crazy experience.
I have seen different behaviors in my two children. The elder one always liked to sleep in cars and was noisy in flight. My younger son used to get very irritated in car while young. It was a pain to take him out in car, it changed once he crossed about 1.5 years.
Old 26th December 2007, 23:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abhi...btw, I am a one month old papa !!
Old 26th December 2007, 23:49   #52
BHPian

Congrats Abhi. I'm sure she will inherit the travel bug in you.
Old 27th December 2007, 07:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
THanks Samurai, I have plans to send the baby to Kolkata when she will be in her 3rd month. I began to worry after the post from Ravi. Now feeling better.
Otherwise, 2 nights in a train can be to much for the kid as well as mom.

Abhi
Old 27th December 2007, 15:17   #54
Senior - BHPian

congrats abhi.
Old 27th December 2007, 16:23   #55
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Congrats Abhi. 202020202020.
Old 27th December 2007, 18:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Abhi Dada. I just got back from vacation and saw this news. So now you have a valid reason to travel around - to show off the world to your little one!
Old 27th December 2007, 19:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
THanks Samurai, I have plans to send the baby to Kolkata when she will be in her 3rd month. I began to worry after the post from Ravi. Now feeling better.
Otherwise, 2 nights in a train can be to much for the kid as well as mom.

Abhi
remember ears popping on the flights while ascending and descending? it's too much for the newborns. can cause ear infections too.

make sure she keeps suckling (I guess even a pacifier will do) thruout the trip.
Old 27th December 2007, 21:25   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
remember ears popping on the flights while ascending and descending? it's too much for the newborns. can cause ear infections too.

make sure she keeps suckling (I guess even a pacifier will do) thruout the trip.
Travel is not adviced for infants because of the infection that they may get when a nearby person sneezes or something as trivial as that. Or say, if someone nearby has a "madras eye".

Dont let the little one travel for 10 months unless absolutely required. My 2 paisa.
Old 28th December 2007, 00:28   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
This part is true, in fact the air-hostess will instruct you about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Travel is not adviced for infants because of the infection that they may get when a nearby person sneezes or something as trivial as that. Or say, if someone nearby has a "madras eye".

Dont let the little one travel for 10 months unless absolutely required. My 2 paisa.
That's a luxury not everybody can afford. Infants are lot more resilient than we think, after two kids I have stopped being paranoid. When the first one was born, we used to sterilize everything he used to come across. With the second one, even the cereal bowl gets a normal rinse under the tap water before the meal.
Old 28th December 2007, 00:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This part is true, in fact the air-hostess will instruct you about it.
and this part may not be true .

From my experience with the air staff, they are not only ignorant, but sometimes rude about infants' needs.

Quote:
That's a luxury not everybody can afford.
yup, we travelled by air twice by the time he was 10 months. had to. for that matter, one can sneeze near your little one in a shopping mall too. small risks we need to take in life.

besides, the more you sterilize them, the less immunity they buildup over the years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks