Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2008, 17:53   #1
fb1
BHPian

Internet connection help in pune

hey people whats the best internet to get for a person using a laptop in pune... good price and should be unlimited or atleast have a good deal

this is for a friend whos staying on bhandarkar road... any ideas?? Thanks
Old 3rd January 2008, 20:05   #2
IMP
BHPian

BSNL Dataone is good, i'm using it for 2 years now, get that if readily available, otherwise airtel or tata indicom will do. I had a bad experience regarding uptime and speeds with you broadband and hathway. Ask him to check if any WiFi networks are available, i've heard that FC rd and JM rd areas are wifi enabled as a part of Unwired Pune project undertaken by the PMC, wifi access is free at the moment.
Old 3rd January 2008, 23:09   #3
BHPian

Unlimited plans are good in BSNL and also reliance. However Reliance is very useful for a laptop cause they have a reliance card which can be put into the laptop and hence is very easy to use. Though speed is not as good as the land connection. Also the price of the connection may pinch though they regularly have schemes which make it worth to have.

If he is going for a BSNL connection then he must be ready to wait for a long time cause they are not easily available(as per the local friends some of who have had to wait for 6 months) though i have heard that the situation has improved recently.

Also he can take a landline connection and then take a wireless LAN box which will give him speed and mobility but within his own house.

I use YOU and it is decen in terms of speed and servicing.
Old 4th January 2008, 01:56   #4
BHPian

been using airtel.. really good no complaints.. unlimited connection 25 kbps speed.. pretty good..
Old 7th January 2008, 16:22   #5
fb1
BHPian

thx guys what do u guys recommend for a laptop sumthing wireless.. he wants to get the reliance 1.5 gb wireless plan for 900 per / month.. is there anything better than that?
Old 7th January 2008, 16:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

guys,

Need a broadband connection in Pune @ Chakan for our new factory(next to Bajaj). Atleast 512 kbps speed , unlimited plan and reliable connection - what are the options I have ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th January 2008, 00:35   #7
IMP
BHPian

I think you'll have to take whatever is available there, if you have BSNL telephone lines, Dataone shall be the best bet, but unlimited plan is limited to 256kbps, i dont think tata indicom, airtel, YOU, hathway will be available there (but need to check that)

I know about YOU broadband providing WIMAX connectivity in pune, so does reliance, check that out. But it will be costly.

Last edited by IMP : 8th January 2008 at 00:37.
Old 8th January 2008, 10:29   #8
BHPian

I think my friend who has BSNL has 512kbps. Will confirm and let you know.

Another plan that i have heard of is for Reliance. It is a Dishbased connection. 512 kbps unlimited. Can be setup anywhere but it is a bit costly , Rs 3000. However mobility is very limited.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks