Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 11:06   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
This is India. We have dogs, jaywalkers, cyclists, unmarked stones falling off the median, cows, snakes, beggars, drunks, vehicles coming down the wrong side, vehicles with their lights off, and the list just won't end.
That's exactly my point. You are aware of the above unpredictable parameters. I know. "Most of us" know. Any sane person would know. Well, that should bring us to defensive driving "IN CITY ROADS" atleast.....and not 100-130 kmph.

Right?

-- Torqy
Old 16th January 2008, 11:15   #92
Team-BHP Support

Just another word of caution: Even if you can see the road from end to end, please keep in mind that there are some zillion roads that exit to this main road (unless things have changed drastically).

I have done crazy speeds on that stretch too, on 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler, its just that, NOW it scares the hell out of me just thinking about it yeah i have become old.
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:22   #93
BHPian

I have never touched 100 on that road. Never felt the need to do it. I might rev my Pulsar, but only for a little while. I have never tried to race on this stretch and try my best to keep to the left to let others pass.
And I dont really like the CCD. The last time I went there, it was crap. Overpriced drinks, too-loud music, crappy food. And a bunch of guys trying deperately to look cool
I remember that CCD didnt have speakers for music outside, so what they did was to play it at a high volume inside, in hopes that it could be heard outside. Ruined any chance of talking inside, which was the whole point. *sigh*

I much prefer the Shawarma counter at the Sindoor hotel at the other end of the road. Atleast you get some good food and you can park you car and eat in peace there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks