Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2008, 17:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Accidental repairs- Primary source of income for dealers?

I had left my car with Maruti showroom for attending scratches on the rear door and on the rear quarter panel. With Bajai Alliance insurance you have the facility of making two claims (i.e attending two different repairs in single claim) at the expense of an additional claim fee of Rs.500/- Hence wanted them to take care of few scratches on the front bumper too (very minor).

The advantage of having the Bajaj Alliance insurance is that you can just leave the form signed (fill the "details of accident") with the dealer and they will take care of submitting the form, arranging the inspection and getting the claim through.

I got a call from the dealer saying that full bumper painting has not been approved and hence they did only the touch up.

Got an SMS from Bajaj Alliance that claim of Rs.19500/- have been approved for my car and I need to pay Rs.500/- for the insurance claim charge

My approximate guess is that the actual charges have to be in the range of Rs.6000 max. But Rs.19,500... to difficult to digest.

Board at the dealers office displayed that total vehicles received for the month till date is 25 (as on 10/01/08).

So attending to the accidental cars has to be the primary source of income for them leaving the service and sales revenue behind.

For mediclaim (Group) policies the renewal premium is loaded based on the claim ratio, the same model has to be followed.
Old 12th January 2008, 18:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

It looks like you have gone for cashless. This kind of thing is frequent in cashless claims. IMHO, it should'nt cost more than 6-7 k since painting of a panel construes about 3-4 k usually. Is there some way you can get hold of the papers and maybe ask a friend/ an independent evaluator to check it out? And the high repair cost charged would take a toll your next year's NCB and maybe a higher premium.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks