Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 00:28   #76
BHPian

What really happened in the end ? how did the story end ? did u have to try all the engines like with our normal amby/landy story or the single engine transplant solved the whole problem ? sorry for digging this up
Old 20th January 2009, 02:05   #77
Senior - BHPian

You had to revive this almost exactly a year after!

I guess this incident heralded the start of a very painful motoring year for me, one that cost me more money and hundreds of visits to various garages for all my vehicles one after the other.

Things are thankfully looking up in the new year with most things falling in place neatly - I only have the Landmaster to worry about now and even that is nearing completion (finally!).

To answer your question I replaced the engine with a newer (but still used) version of the same V8, found a friend who was interested in buying it and sold it to a good friend who knew the cracked block history and paid for it after a 45-day no-obligation trial period. It was running beautifully, still is running around with no issues.

PS: Mods please close this thread.
Old 20th January 2009, 02:41   #78
BHPian

Sorry to hear this Steer. Thankfully it all seemed to work out the way you planned. All the best for the new year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks