Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2008, 10:34   #1
Team-BHP Support

For SALE : 1989 Audi 80

My Father in Law has a 1989 Black Audi 80. The can has not been drive for maybe 5 years. When it was last driven in 2003 we found that the suspension needed to be fixed.

The car was a single driver car and in 1999 my father in law got a Matiz as he found the car too big to drive. Today he drives a Swift.

Present condition (as per visual inspection and last drive):
Engine, Transmission, brakes and clutch are in good shape.
Body needs some repair but much of it is resonably fine. Some patch work and a paint job should be adequate.

Expect to overhaul the entire suspension, exhaust, rubber parts, some electricals.

The interiors are usable but I believe with a bit of TLC could be in much better shape.

Where:
The car is in Versova, on Versova Rd (also called JP Road) which is in Andheri West Mumbai. If you want to see the car PM me and I can fix up an appointment with my father in law.

The Catch:
My Father in law has lost some of the more recent papers but he does have the original papaers from 1989, so there might be some effort retracing this.

Reason for selling:
My Father in Law is too old to maintain this car. To him it is a big, black, white elephant. Ideally the car would be best used for parts or by someone who was willing to get all the RTO papers back in order and then use the car.

Price:
Really my father in law would much rather the car have a good relaible home. Some of the brokers/car dealers who came to see the car looked so shady that he was turned off. He does not want to risk the car being used for nefarious purposes and then getting involved in talking to the police etc...

Pictures:
I have asked him to take some pictures of the car. When I meet him next say in 2 weeks he will give me a SD card with the pics. Then I will put them up.

Most Viewed