Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 11:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Try using the tag lane at around 8.45-915 AM. It is bad though other lanes are even worse. Somedays in the morning, the jam starts even 1.5 km before the toll crossing, on the Rajokri flyover itself.
Thats my excuse not to come to work early. it still takes the same amount of time to reach office haha!
Old 11th April 2008, 12:03   #47
BHPian

Morning traffic is very smooth... but in the evening (around 5.45 to 7pm) even in the exclusive TAG lane... waiting time is always more than 4-5 mins.
Old 14th April 2008, 22:22   #48
BHPian

It's strange that people in Delhi and Mumbai are so impatient that they can't even wait 5 minutes in a queue to get on a freeway. And it's pretty disgusting to hear all those honking in your ears even though it doesn't get any better with the horns and you don't exactly go flying or your mileage increases by a couple of kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Morning traffic is very smooth... but in the evening (around 5.45 to 7pm) even in the exclusive TAG lane... waiting time is always more than 4-5 mins.
Old 15th April 2008, 00:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Actually i havent heard people honking at the toll unless the car in front takes more than a 20 second stop at the booth! On an average im guessing it takes about 15 seconds in the cash lines per car.
Old 15th April 2008, 00:10   #50
Team-BHP Support

I do honk to show my displeasure to the driver and the authorities when a moron enters an exclusive TAG lane and then pays by cash.

Since the toll guys allow this, many do it deliberately to avoid the queue in the cash lane. Sheer disregard for other people this.
Old 15th April 2008, 00:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I do honk to show my displeasure to the driver and the authorities when a moron enters an exclusive TAG lane and then pays by cash.

Since the toll guys allow this, many do it deliberately to avoid the queue in the cash lane. Sheer disregard for other people this.
Im guilty as charged, my tag is out of balance for the last 2 days and i have been paying cash in the tag line. Glad you werent behind me
Old 15th April 2008, 11:18   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Im guilty as charged, my tag is out of balance for the last 2 days and i have been paying cash in the tag line. Glad you werent behind me
Naaa... I would have recognized your car and would not have honked at you
Old 4th May 2008, 09:28   #53

Re charge option

Guys, How to re-charge the Smart Tag, mine is showing low balance... ...don't want to get stuck because of insufficient balance... ...is there a on line recharge/top-up option... ...let me know... Thx
Old 4th May 2008, 09:56   #54

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots (...........). Thanks!

Guys, this is deliberate... ...get into a Tag lane, appear as if you are ignorant... ...pay at the booth meant for smart tag... ...move on... & save 5minute.... ;; ...I guess such drivers should be charged double and should get a waiting penalty/should made to wait for at least 10 minutes once they cross after paying double...

Last edited by GTO : 10th May 2008 at 17:58.
Old 4th May 2008, 23:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

You can get it recharged at the office building right next to the toll plaza. And yeah, the double charge sounds good!
Old 5th May 2008, 12:00   #56

Thanks for the Inofrmation, plan to go there today... ..shall keep all updated on the new developments (if any)
Old 10th May 2008, 14:13   #57

They shall be starting the on line re-charge option soon.. ...no clarity when... ...guess we shall have to live with it till these guys learn from the Noida DND...
Old 13th February 2009, 11:57   #58
Team-BHP Support

Off late, I have been encountering heavy traffic on the expressway. In mornings at around 9 am, I hit the expressway from the perpendicular road coming from Dwarka & International Airport. I then take a left and then a U turn to go towards Jaipur.

The stretch till I take a u-turn is seeing very heavy traffic for the past 3 days without any apparent reason. Does anyone know why ?
Old 13th February 2009, 12:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Migration in winters...?? Something to do with it I suppose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Off late, I have been encountering heavy traffic on the expressway. In mornings at around 9 am, I hit the expressway from the perpendicular road coming from Dwarka & International Airport. I then take a left and then a U turn to go towards Jaipur.

The stretch till I take a u-turn is seeing very heavy traffic for the past 3 days without any apparent reason. Does anyone know why ?
Old 13th February 2009, 19:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

Now you can recharge online through various options:

Oxicash - Tried and tested by tours truly, you can check your balance also even of you don't have have to recharge.

https://oxicash.in/tolltax.asp

Other options:

American Express:
Delhi Gurgaon Expressway

VISA
DGSCL-VISA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks