Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 14:14   #121
BHPian

Re: Quick Guide to KM24 Toll Plaza (Delhi-Gurgaon border)

yeah, I was returning from Jaipur on Monday in the evening, and mentally getting ready with change, when suddenly I realised that traffic is swishing by. The Toll Booths were not manned and traffic police was waving everyone through.
Old 17th March 2012, 14:31   #122
Team-BHP Support

That happens when a VIP is about to pass through. You must have been ahead of him by a couple of mins
Old 17th March 2012, 14:40   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
yeah, I was returning from Jaipur on Monday in the evening, and mentally getting ready with change, when suddenly I realised that traffic is swishing by. The Toll Booths were not manned and traffic police was waving everyone through.
Was this at KM24? Were you paying cash in the tag lane?

/the VIPs almost always use the tag lane
Old 17th March 2012, 14:42   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Was this at KM24? Were you paying cash in the tag lane?

/the VIPs almost always use the tag lane
Yes. Is there a possibility that some VIP was coming behind me, and hence I got waived through?
Old 18th March 2012, 09:42   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yes. Is there a possibility that some VIP was coming behind me, and hence I got waived through?
Really good show - paying cash in the tag lane.

If this is what we BHPians do, no wonder tag lane is always full of cabbies!
Old 18th March 2012, 11:02   #126
BHPian

well if the rule exists only on paper/the sign board, and the concessionaire by not enforcing it for years has consented to such usage, if 200 cars are doing it at any given moment, if infact pretty much no one is using tags, then I don't think there is a case for anyone - whether consentious citizen, or t-bhpian to be expected to follow it.
Old 4th September 2012, 22:43   #127
BHPian

Court order just in. No toll for the next 15 days. Hopefully the DGSCL will do something about the traffic now. Its becoming worse day by day. There have been days when I have been driving for a longer time than I actually work.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/no-toll-del...--finance.html
Old 4th September 2012, 23:14   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan
Court order just in. No toll for the next 15 days. Hopefully the DGSCL will do something about the traffic now. Its becoming worse day by day. There have been days when I have been driving for a longer time than I actually work.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/no-toll-del...--finance.html
i saw this and dread the trip tomorrow.
however,for the past week,excluding today,I saw quite good movement on the tolls.
the queue only extended till where the bike divider began. Anybody reflecting this?

(of course,apart from the usual morons who all of a sudden decide they want to use the extreme right when papa told them to use the left lane.rebels , i tell you )
Old 4th September 2012, 23:54   #129
BHPian

Tomorrow, its going to be crazy. People from the right going to the DLF Cyber City and people from the left going towards IFFCO. The traffic is so crazy after the inflow is controlled to a certain extent by the people waiting for change. So be ready for a huge traffic jam after the toll which leads to me being stuck under the boom barrier for 15 odd minutes (a repeat telecast from Tuesday). Add to it the people who will now try to skip the Kapashera route and come via the toll.

Though on the bright side, if this really does something then atleast this will no longer be a daily issue. Plus the emergency vehicles can go work now. Its a sad sight on the toll to see the barriers being lifted for our mantris and MLS's or a VIP being guided from the wrong side, but an ambulance with its sirens blazing has to be stuck in traffic.
Old 5th September 2012, 00:27   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
i saw this and dread the trip tomorrow.
however,for the past week,excluding today,I saw quite good movement on the tolls.
the queue only extended till where the bike divider began. Anybody reflecting this?

(of course,apart from the usual morons who all of a sudden decide they want to use the extreme right when papa told them to use the left lane.rebels , i tell you )
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Tomorrow, its going to be crazy. People from the right going to the DLF Cyber City and people from the left going towards IFFCO. The traffic is so crazy after the inflow is controlled to a certain extent by the people waiting for change.
Initially when I saw this news, I thought I ll take my car out tomorrow. But now reading your posts and thinking again, it seems a better idea would be to stick to my bike itself. I dread the toll mayhem so much that I stopped taking my car to Gurgaon. All trips through the toll gate are by bike only of late.

I feel the real test would not be tomorrow morning, it would be in the evening and then from day after tomorrow onwards as the news of the toll not being charged spreads and more and more people start flowing towards the road.
Old 5th September 2012, 01:18   #131
BHPian

Don't know if the no toll order will come into effect but the leftmost lane moves faster nowadays, thanks to the optimization of installing temporary booths ahead of them, this way effectively 4 more lanes have been created.
Old 5th September 2012, 09:56   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy to report-the madness has abated!

It seems the inept variable has been eliminated.

It took, from getting off the final flyover before the tollbooth, to cross it, just 5 minutes if not less.
Old 5th September 2012, 18:59   #133
BHPian

I have never been happier to say that I was wrong.
I love the free toll. I think I saved more than an hour today in commuting. Apart from the 42 Rs.

Traffic was smoothly flowing. It was like people were driving in lanes finally.
Old 5th September 2012, 19:41   #134
Senior - BHPian

I wished this was applicable to Manesar toll as well They are still charging toll. Why cant they learn from other toll
Old 5th September 2012, 20:28   #135
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone travel from cybercity side today towards Delhi in the evening? It was absolute madness below the flyover after say 7. I have rarely seen such mayhem. Seems the whole kapashera traffic decided to take the toll road today. Even after the toll traffic was quite heavy. The rajokri flyover was packed and vehicles were crawling. However under the rajokri flyover there was no traffic. Usually this is packed with traffic going through the lane towards kapashera border on the old Gurgaon road.

Last edited by vibbs : 5th September 2012 at 20:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks