Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Quick Guide to KM24 Toll Plaza (Delhi-Gurgaon border)

Guys, I thought I'd quickly summarize the options available for private vehicles with private ownership using this Toll Plaza at the Delhi-Gurgaon border.

There are 3 options for paying toll - Cash, Smart Card & Smart Tag, let me give a brief run-down below:

Cash - Self explanatory I think. The rates are Rs 16 each way & there are no concessions available. You will have to stop at the designated lanes, pay & go.

Smart Card - There are designated lanes for this (some common with the Cash lanes) & it is a Touch & go so you end up stopping briefly. A discount of 50% is available if you submit Proof of address so you end up paying Rs 8 each way. For the month of February, they are charging the cards for 58 trips (29x2) and you pay Rs 464. The unused balances lapse at the end of the month & you can't carry them forward. If you finish 58 trips in Feb, you can buy a fresh one but you cannot carry forward any unused balance. A one-time refundable Security deposit of Rs 150 is payable for the card.

Smart Tag - There are a couple of lanes common with the Smart Card & ONE dedicated lane. The color code for the tag-lanes is Orange. The barriers are supposed to detect the tag from a distance of 20 meters away so you need not stop, just slow down. NO CONCESSIONAL RATES on the tag but they do have a special offer - if you buy before the 25th (tomorrow), you get Rs 500 free when you charge Rs 1,000 so the rate effectively works out to Rs 10.67 each way (against Rs 8 for the Smart card above). You need to exhaust the Rs 500 before 31st March this year but you can carry the rest of the balance (if any) forward for a year. For those who do not have regular day trips across the border but do use the expressway from time to time, I would think this is a good option. However, initial cash outlay is higher since a one-time refundable Security deposit of Rs 1500 is payable for the card. Also, once the special offer goes off, the rate is Rs 16 each way. The tag goes into a holder which is fitted to your windscreen using double-sided tape. One more source of an irritating rattle in a soundless cabin lol!

I must say I'm impressed by the way these guys have set up their counters etc at the Km 24 toll plaza for dishing out the cards & tags. My experience was pretty good given the size of the operation - at least they had replies available to the questions & they had quite a few supervisors to handle questions that the counter guys didn't have answers to. I deposited the application form on Sunday & I picked up my equipment yesterday at my convenience.

Documents required - Application form duly filled, one PP photo of applicant/owner, copy of RC, proof of ID (Pan card, DL etc), Proof of address (for purposes of availing concessional rate on Smart Cards).

Minimum subsequent recharge value - Rs 150 for both Smart Card & Smart Tag.

I got a Smart card for the Fiesta (since it goes up & down at least twice a day) & a Smart Tag for the Safari (currently I go to work early after dropping the kids to school so its one way trip a day only since I return via MG Road at night). Don't know how effectively the barriers work though, will only know effective tomorrow .

The toll gates are supposed to be operational from tomorrow though they will only charge cash/card/tags from 1st February 2008.

Last edited by suman : 22nd January 2008 at 09:58.
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Very Informative Suman ji - Thanks
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:11   #3
Team-BHP Support

Is there any proof required that you work in Gurgaon ?
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:16   #4
BHPian

From where can we get these cards/tags?
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is there any proof required that you work in Gurgaon ?
AFAIK, not required - the funda is that they would charge the card up-front on the basis of 58 trips for Feb (and 62 for March & so on) at the concessional rate which you can't carry forward. So, if you take it just for occasional trips back & forth then you lose since you can't carry the balance forward. However, proof of ID & your residential address are essential.

I forgot to mention that the concessional rates are subsequently applicable only on the recharge for the full month (not available if you choose the option of the minimum recharge of Rs 150 & multiples thereof).
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats very good information Suman

So from now onwards,whenever i go to GGN using that toll way , i will need to pay them
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Thats very good information Suman

So from now onwards,whenever i go to GGN using that toll way , i will need to pay them
Thanks Buddy - yep, from 1st Feb onwards unless some activists groups decide to disrupt the process as there is a lot of hue & cry presently going on about how the expressway cannot be made operational without pedestrian safety measures & footbridges etc in place.

DS Constructions are quite categorical of course about the deadline not getting pushed back
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:00   #8
BHPian

Gurgaon Toll Form

Hey Suman,

Nice guide, very informative.
I have uploaded the toll form to rapidshare here the link
RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Just fill it up and take a print out
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
DS Constructions are quite categorical of course about the deadline not getting pushed back
Well wouldn't it be nicer if they were also that categorical on opening of flyover's which are already completed??
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well wouldn't it be nicer if they were also that categorical on opening of flyover's which are already completed??
Well, that's slated for tomorrow, no controversy about that so far.....you have the whole stretch operational then, all 27.7kms of it!

Last edited by suman : 22nd January 2008 at 13:06.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Sir
Good information. Thanks for sharing.!
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:33   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the Information Suman.

Is it allowed/possible to use 1 smart card card for 2 or more cars? I mean if someone has 2 cars and he uses one of them daily to commute. Is card somehow endorsed with vehicle's Registration Number too?
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

Guys, you are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Is card somehow endorsed with vehicle's Registration Number too?
There is no embossing on the card, the information is recorded on their system that's about all. A person should be able to use for any of his cars. Unless there is a specific drive going on where they check which is highly unlikely.

The enrolment form allows you to register two cars & you always have the option of buying ONE card so I guess its "officially" allowed as well.

Last edited by suman : 22nd January 2008 at 13:42.
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:06   #14
BHPian

One word,Beautiful! I hope this "smart tag" gets implemented on the MAA/BLR GQ. Three+Two tollgates,and nearly alternate day commuting on the GQ. Even if one has a pass,one has to stop and show them the pass. With this "smart tag" it should be even better without stopping.

cya
A
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Suman Bhai.. just for info, as being a very low commuter to gurgaon... from where does this toll bridge starts off and till where it lands ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks