Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:56   #1546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Where in Bannerghetta Road is this restaurant? Any idea about the price?
You just have to keep going straight on Bannerghatta Road. After crossing IIM, Apollo Hospitals , Fortis etc, you will find a display board on the right side saying "GrassHopper". I've heard that the cost comes to around 3000/- per couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Have you considered "Toscano" (If you like Italian food) at UB City/Forum Value mall? Candle lit tables, great view (UB city) coupled with brilliant food & some very good wine collection makes this a good place to celebrate a special occasion.
Italian is out coz my wife doesn't like it although I love Italian food :( . How is Ebony or Samarkhand ? Or even Angethi ?
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:40   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Where in Bannerghetta Road is this restaurant? Any idea about the price?
AFAIK, its off Bannerghatta road, somewhere behind IIM. Not sure of the exact location though.
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:46   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Italian is out coz my wife doesn't like it although I love Italian food :( . How is Ebony or Samarkhand ? Or even Angethi ?
Ebony/13th Floor offer a good view, decent food. They specialize in Parsi cuisine too, I suppose.

Samarkhand is good if you are a Non Veg. Their NE Frontier cuisine is very good. Ambiance is nice, but sometimes gets crowded a bit and thus a little noisy.Other similar restaurants are Tijouri (at Atria), Jamavar (At The Leela), Jalsa (Marathalli Ring Road). In the same league as Samarkhand, Sikandar et all.

How about Bay Leaf at Raheja Arcade, Koramangla?

Last edited by chikkars : 22nd November 2010 at 18:50.
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:09   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Ebony/13th Floor offer a good view, decent food. They specialize in Parsi cuisine too, I suppose.

Samarkhand is good if you are a Non Veg. Their NE Frontier cuisine is very good. Ambiance is nice, but sometimes gets crowded a bit and thus a little noisy.Other similar restaurants are Tijouri (at Atria), Jamavar (At The Leela), Jalsa (Marathalli Ring Road). In the same league as Samarkhand, Sikandar et all.

How about Bay Leaf at Raheja Arcade, Koramangla?
Thanks for the suggestions. Will check them out. I have got till Thursday to make the booking so seems like i have a lot of research to do .
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:16   #1550
MCR
BHPian

Had been to "Bon South" at Mantri mall on last thursday. The food was excellent and as was the service. Excellent VFM restaurant.
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:29   #1551
BANNED

Had been to "Tawa Tandoor aur Tadka" at Sahakarinagar.

Lot has been written about this place, went to treat my folks on my 7th wedding anniversary. And food was horribly "BAD"

I will rate it 4/10
Old 22nd November 2010, 20:31   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Has anyone tried "Grasshopper" on Bannerghatta road? I'm planning to go there for my anniversary this week. However, I have read that the food may not exactly be to indian tastes as it is not spicy at all. Any ideas?
Any other suggestions for a romantic place with very little crowd ?
You are going to have a hard time finding the right place because you are looking for "romantic place with very little crowd" and you also need "Indian food".

Most of the places being mentioned here like Samarkand, Bay Leaf etc are quite crowded.

One option is to check out restaurants in star hotels (Jamavar@Leela, Kebabs and Curries@ITC Royal Gardenia), other option is to look for "not so famous" Indian restaurants with "good enough" food. One such place is "Sultans of Spice" in Koramangala. Check out reviews on the net before you take the plunge. I have been there once and the food was good.
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:14   #1553
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Had been to "Tawa Tandoor aur Tadka" at Sahakarinagar.

Lot has been written about this place, went to treat my folks on my 7th wedding anniversary. And food was horribly "BAD"

I will rate it 4/10
The food is always bad here and the service is quite pathetic. About a year ago, a better option was Punjabi Tadka just ahead of this place, but eventually it followed the same route and is now closed down.

Sadly, there is not much option in Sahakarnagar area for North Indian food. The closest I can think of is Mast Kalandar on New BEL road for Veg and Afrina in Sadashivnagar opposite Palace grounds for meat lovers.
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:16   #1554
BHPian

Jalsa mein Salsa ! Avoid !!

Quote:
Jalsa is just an over hyped place, the only thing worth is the ambiance, food is terrible, a few items are stale (esp fish) & to top it off , highly overpriced.

The only good thing i found was the kulfi, it was yummy.

Overall i wouldn't recommend this place.
Old 23rd November 2010, 07:45   #1555
Senior - BHPian

I'd been to Garam Naram y'day.
it's a small dhabha next to the Gurudhwaara in Ulsoor.
this place is not about ambience but about the food.
it has no 'restaurant' feel to the food. perfect example of 'like-home-food'.
a heavy dinner for 3 cost 400/-. worth it.
Old 23rd November 2010, 08:44   #1556
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
I'd been to Garam Naram y'day.
it's a small dhabha next to the Gurudhwaara in Ulsoor.
this place is not about ambience but about the food.
it has no 'restaurant' feel to the food. perfect example of 'like-home-food'.
a heavy dinner for 3 cost 400/-. worth it.
You should have gone to the place next to that Avinash! It's called Bobby Ka Dhaba! It's much better than Garam Naram, although it's completely vegetarian. Bobby Ka Dhaba is a must visit!
Old 23rd November 2010, 08:49   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
You should have gone to the place next to that Avinash! It's called Bobby Ka Dhaba! It's much better than Garam Naram, although it's completely vegetarian. Bobby Ka Dhaba is a must visit!

Very true Bobby ka Dhaba is very good then Garam Naram.The feel is very good and dhabha style. And mind u its very economical also.Had dinner n no of times ,never got disappointed so far.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:00   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Been to the Tibetan cafe on Lavelle Road, again. If you like momos, shaptras etc - this is the place to go. I really wonder how they keep the price so economical - all of the dishes are priced between 50-60 rs.
I love their beef shaptra - @60 rs for a plate, it is very very VFM, and tastes yummy!
The place is clean and big, and has an airy feel.
It is on the right side after you cross Divyashree Chambers, much before Madhus. There is another resturent in the same building, same floor- Something Fishy, which is much visible and can serve as a good landmark.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:53   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
You are going to have a hard time finding the right place because you are looking for "romantic place with very little crowd" and you also need "Indian food".

Most of the places being mentioned here like Samarkand, Bay Leaf etc are quite crowded.

One option is to check out restaurants in star hotels (Jamavar@Leela, Kebabs and Curries@ITC Royal Gardenia), other option is to look for "not so famous" Indian restaurants with "good enough" food. One such place is "Sultans of Spice" in Koramangala. Check out reviews on the net before you take the plunge. I have been there once and the food was good.
Have shortlisted a few restaurants for now. Will probably add a few more later and then finalise one. Need some feedback on the ambience and food here:
1. Blue Ginger - Taj Westend ( Great Ambience and Food but very costly)
2. Herbs & Spices - Whitefield ( Good Ambience and food )
3. Grasshopper - Bannerghatta Road ( Good ambience but food might not be what my wife is expecting )
4. Gufha - Jayanagar ( Cave & Jungle Theme, but feedback regarding to food and service is mixed ).
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:02   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Jalsa is just an over hyped place, the only thing worth is the ambiance, food is terrible, a few items are stale (esp fish) & to top it off , highly overpriced.
The only good thing i found was the kulfi, it was yummy.
Overall i wouldn't recommend this place.
Well, I had an amazing experience at this place. The whole setting was kinda interesting, as were the names of drinks. This is the only place where I liked Dal Makhni; haven't liked it anywhere else as much as here. The Lasooni Paratha was awesome, so was the dessert (Kubani ka meetha, I reckon).

I cant comment on VFM part as I was not hosting the dinner

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks