Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-105.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpunter (Post 2149615)
3. Grasshopper - Bannerghatta Road ( Good ambience but food might not be what my wife is expecting )

Heard some +ve feedback about its ambience. As you said lunch/dinner may cost approx 1.5-2K per head.

I have never been to this place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexperthand (Post 2149470)
Been to the Tibetan cafe on Lavelle Road, again. If you like momos, shaptras etc - this is the place to go. I really wonder how they keep the price so economical - all of the dishes are priced between 50-60 rs.
I love their beef shaptra - @60 rs for a plate, it is very very VFM, and tastes yummy!
The place is clean and big, and has an airy feel.
It is on the right side after you cross Divyashree Chambers, much before Madhus. There is another resturent in the same building, same floor- Something Fishy, which is much visible and can serve as a good landmark.

I think you are talking about Langford road. Is this located where a tree fell down last week?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpunter (Post 2149615)
Have shortlisted a few restaurants for now. Will probably add a few more later and then finalise one. Need some feedback on the ambience and food here:
1. Blue Ginger - Taj Westend ( Great Ambience and Food but very costly)
2. Herbs & Spices - Whitefield ( Good Ambience and food )
3. Grasshopper - Bannerghatta Road ( Good ambience but food might not be what my wife is expecting )
4. Gufha - Jayanagar ( Cave & Jungle Theme, but feedback regarding to food and service is mixed ).

Grasshopper is almost before the NICE Road entrance When going towards Bannerghatta . It's towards your Right.

If you are very much interested in this restaurent, contact the LORD YETI,(Sam Kapasi). I remember him going over there, but sometime back

Forget Gufha, nothing great.
If budget is not a problem, sa you say it's your anniversary, I would say Why not try ITC Royal Gardenia @Richmond circle- after Mallya Hospital, Around 5K/couple including Wine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 2149745)
I think you are talking about Langford road. Is this located where a tree fell down last week?

Yes, Langford Road i feel. There's no such restaurent in Lavelle Road.

@addyhemmige, @sushrutha Yeah, you guys are right :) - it is Langford Road, not lavelle road.

Sorry for the typo.

Grass hopper is awesome. Basically its a fixed menu and has 3 course and 6 or 7 course unches and dinners. You need to book a few days in advance as its not open all the time. The last time I went was close to 3 years back, but I still remember the food being extremly good.

If budget is a non issue try west view grill at royal gardenia. Right now its my favorite eating joint in the city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 2149983)
If budget is not a problem, sa you say it's your anniversary, I would say Why not try ITC Royal Gardenia @Richmond circle- after Mallya Hospital, Around 5K/couple including Wine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 2151037)
If budget is a non issue try west view grill at royal gardenia. Right now its my favorite eating joint in the city.

Yep, I Had mentioned abt the same in my previous post.
Even Ista @ Lido is also good... Roof top with Excellent View.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I finally decided it would be better to spend the day at a resort. Booked a resort for one night and day. Will update how the experience was. So far, the response from them has been excellent :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 2149423)
I'd been to Garam Naram y'day.
it's a small dhabha next to the Gurudhwaara in Ulsoor.
this place is not about ambience but about the food.
it has no 'restaurant' feel to the food. perfect example of 'like-home-food'.
a heavy dinner for 3 cost 400/-. worth it.

Firstly. Welcome back.

Secondly :deadhorse why did'nt you call, my office is a little distance from that place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2149453)
You should have gone to the place next to that Avinash! It's called Bobby Ka Dhaba! It's much better than Garam Naram, although it's completely vegetarian. Bobby Ka Dhaba is a must visit! :)

Rightly said. Bobby da Dhaba is my all time favourite.

Nothing much to expect, everytime the food tastes the same, no difference.

BUT.................!

Inspite of the Broken down shack. Each and every time, i go there, the food served is GREATclap:

And what rock bottom prices....

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 2154921)
Firstly. Welcome back.

Secondly :deadhorse why did'nt you call, my office is a little distance from that place.

I knew it. I knew one typo of mine could cause confusion. lol:
I was supposed to type 'the other day' instead of 'y'day'...I'm still in the US.
Let's go to bobby ka dhaba after I get back...I'll call you for sure..
you say prices are rock bottom..therefore the treat will be on me :D.
just kidding.

foodies

can you please give me directions to where SHIVAJI military hotel has shifted to
the one that was famously known as banashankari donne biryani

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCARLET (Post 2157460)
foodies

can you please give me directions to where SHIVAJI military hotel has shifted to
the one that was famously known as banashankari donne biryani

While coming from Jayanagar 7th Block towards Banshankari bus stand on Kanakpura Road. The first signal, Right will be banshankari Bus stand take left.The road going towards Sangam Circle. ... Towards ur left u'll find on Kalyan Mantapa... Take First left, Shivaji Hotel is inside this Kalyana Mantapa

Does anyone know of any place in Bangalore where you can get freshly baked kulchas? Up north, you have bakeries selling them and they make for some really good breakfast. But the bakeries here have not heard of any such thing, atleast the ones that i tried.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 2157649)
Does anyone know of any place in Bangalore where you can get freshly baked kulchas? Up north, you have bakeries selling them and they make for some really good breakfast. But the bakeries here have not heard of any such thing, atleast the ones that i tried.

You get them in Hyderabad, best companion for Nihari.

Please try at Hotel Taj @ shivajinagar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 2157668)
Please try at Hotel Taj @ shivajinagar.

Does it open for breakfast?