Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2010, 14:05   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Mangalore pearl is on Coles road.
Where exactly at Coles road.?

I have been frequenting this road for ages and was not able to spot this one.
Old 9th December 2010, 15:53   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Where exactly at Coles road.?

I have been frequenting this road for ages and was not able to spot this one.
If you are driving from Toms bakery(Coming from Commerical street),keep going straight to hit the junction.Take a left and right there,you find this hotel on the 1st floor.

There used to be a KC Das in the ground floor of this building,not sure if that's still around.

Or if you know Nandini on coles road,keep driving towards the Coles road junction.You first find a pub on the right hand side(Not sure of the name..is it Sherlock Holmes?)
Mangalore Pearl is just 5-6 buildings after this pub.
Old 9th December 2010, 16:07   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
If you are driving from Toms bakery(Coming from Commerical street),keep going straight to hit the junction.Take a left and right there,you find this hotel on the 1st floor.

Or if you know Nandini on coles road,keep driving towards the Coles road junction.You first find a pub on the right hand side(Not sure of the name..is it Sherlock Holmes?)
Mangalore Pearl is just 5-6 buildings after this pub.

Thanks a lot.

Ive seen Sherlock homes last Sunday en route to the newly opened sony world.Will give it a try when i am in Bangalore again.
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:51   #1594
Senior - BHPian

I had my dinner yesterday at Arsalan Restaurant @Kormangala and ordered the following (SILVERWOOD+1)

Murgh Chat Pata-A bit spicy, boneless pieces of chicken well cooked.
Chicken Biriyani-This was good, but a but bland as compared to our Hyd biriyani.
Naan-Was ok.

Total Damages-Rs 310.

Good value for money restaurant,need to improve their service.

I have visited this restaurant during my visit to Calcutta, its located at park circus.
Old 5th January 2011, 18:49   #1595
BHPian

Hey guys, could someone help me with a place in Bangalore to buy Pav in bulk. I dont want the Niligiri bun kind of stuff.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 5th January 2011, 18:54   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Tried FAVA in UBCity for lunch. (outdoors)

Ambiance was fantastic but mostly owing to a cool breezy day. Tried Fish and it was really good up to Olive garden standards. Price was..my-god..3K for a couple.

Last edited by Mpower : 6th January 2011 at 15:39.
Old 6th January 2011, 19:54   #1597
Senior - BHPian

Went to Rajadhani, UB City on Sunday. Food, has everyone know, pure veg. I would rate them as 6/10. Service again 6/10. We had two kids and we asked them for kids chair and they never returned back to tell atleast they are running short on such chairs.
Old 6th January 2011, 20:24   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Hotel Keralapurada Saundarya Military Hotel:

Both these restaurants are around Navrang circle, Rajajinagar and they serve "Mandya Style" non-veg food. Service and Cleanliness at both the restaurants can be rated above average and the food is "excellent". Very tasty and good VFM. Highly recommended (Especially Mutton Kurma and Mutton Chops with either Chapati or Raagi Mudde).
Hey Whitesquall! Where has Hotel Keralapurada Saundarya Military Hotel shifted to? I was a daily customer of their's till they did business on Dr. Rajkumar road (near Sapthagiri bar). Once they shifted i lost the track of them. Please tell me the exact location to where they have shifted.

Their food is just too good and real VFM.

You have a similar military hotel called "SAVAJI's". They serve same food like Keralapurada Saundarya Military Hotel. However it is north Karnataka stlye. Their food is a little more spicier.They are located on the service road near to rajajinagar 1st N block and Mahalaxmi layout signal junction.
Old 7th January 2011, 13:11   #1599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hey Whitesquall! Where has Hotel Keralapurada Saundarya Military Hotel shifted to? I was a daily customer of their's till they did business on Dr. Rajkumar road (near Sapthagiri bar). Once they shifted i lost the track of them. Please tell me the exact location to where they have shifted.

Their food is just too good and real VFM.
They are located between Navrang signal and Mariappanapalya. They shifted here long back more than 2-3 years back
Old 7th January 2011, 16:09   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Kudla @ Hotel Ramanashree, for lunch
They have jacked up the Pomphret prices, for a big size it's now 700+ Rs , Medium size was almost 500Rs. Kane big size each dish 300Rs. Taste remains the same, AWESOME.
Strange, There wasn't much of a crowd/rush today(though Friday afternoon there used to be waiting time).
Old 8th January 2011, 15:32   #1601
Team-BHP Support

Had been to this plan called 'Plan-b' on Castle Street opposite the night-club 'Fuga'. What a brilliant place! It's a typical American joint, complete with number-plates, hoardings and boards, advertisements, etc. all over the walls!

The ambiance is pretty nice, although it could have been a little bigger IMO. Especially for the kind of food they serve. I had the 'Animal-Burger' which is one of their largest burgers on offer. 2 massive beef patties, bacon, lettuce, mayonnaise and other condiments is what the Animal Burger is all about! It's a full 1 kg burger! It costs Rs. 300 and is a meal by itself! There is a challenge attached to it: try and finish it in 5 minutes, if you do, you walk away without paying for it. If you finish the burger anyway, you get your face on the wall of fame! Do look around for my mug-shot there!

There is another challenge that the joint gives you: Finish a plate of chicken hot-wings in under 4 minutes and you get your face on the wall of fame and a t-shirt that shouts out to everyone that you have done it! However, if you take so much as even 1 second more than 4 minutes, your face goes onto the wall of shame, which is conveniently located in the loo!
Old 13th January 2011, 15:42   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Had been to Kudla @ Hotel Ramanashree, for lunch
They have jacked up the Pomphret prices, for a big size it's now 700+ Rs , Medium size was almost 500Rs. Kane big size each dish 300Rs. Taste remains the same, AWESOME.
Strange, There wasn't much of a crowd/rush today(though Friday afternoon there used to be waiting time).
Have always loved the food at Kudla.
They server Neer dosa with coconut chutney as well.Always try that there and also indulge in some Kundapur chicken gravy and Kane fry.

Not sure if you tried the fish thali there.I used to frequent Kudla back in 2009.Was a regular there for lunch.
Old 13th January 2011, 16:19   #1603
Distinguished - BHPian

Suhaas, that Plan B place sounds AWESOME! How would you compare it to Thulp? Do you think the Animal Burger is as big as the Mother of all Moos in Cafe Thulp?

The Moos your Daddy is big but the Mother of all moos has 2 beef patties.
Old 18th January 2011, 15:53   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Have always loved the food at Kudla.
They server Neer dosa with coconut chutney as well.Always try that there and also indulge in some Kundapur chicken gravy and Kane fry.

Not sure if you tried the fish thali there.I used to frequent Kudla back in 2009.Was a regular there for lunch.
I did try crab thali, it was good too.
Yep Neer dosa is awesome.. it smooth too, along with Prawn ghee roast, best would be with Kane Ghassi.
Old 18th January 2011, 17:04   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
There is a challenge attached to it: try and finish it in 5 minutes, if you do, you walk away without paying for it. If you finish the burger anyway, you get your face on the wall of fame! Do look around for my mug-shot there!

There is another challenge that the joint gives you: Finish a plate of chicken hot-wings in under 4 minutes and you get your face on the wall of fame and a t-shirt that shouts out to everyone that you have done it! However, if you take so much as even 1 second more than 4 minutes, your face goes onto the wall of shame, which is conveniently located in the loo!
this is an exact replica of 'Man v/s Food' that I keep seeing on Travel channel

way to go..

Last edited by 14000rpm : 18th January 2011 at 17:05.

Most Viewed