Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-108.html)

We are planning a lunch get together with our ex-colleagues next week. Some of them are working in ITPL and we are located in Ecity. So decided to go some restaurant on ORR b/w Marathahalli and Silkboard. Sugget a good restaurant (buffet)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2216055)
We are planning a lunch get together with our ex-colleagues next week. Some of them are working in ITPL and we are located in Ecity. So decided to go some restaurant on ORR b/w Marathahalli and Silkboard. Sugget a good restaurant (buffet)?

Latheesh,
There is a decent veg restuarant in the BDA complex at HSR.I think its called as Bharateeyam(Not sure if I pronounced it right)

Or else,there are quite a few decent ones opposite to the Innovative multiplex at Marathahalli.Many of them offer the typical Andra style cuisine

In HSR, Jharokha which is above McDonalds serves one of the best veg food in Bangalore

Quote:

Silver Metro in Total Mall Madivala. Decent ambience, OK food.

Rohan

Quote:

I don't know if I'm too late. Try La Casa on Hosa road (Jail road). From ITPL there's a shortcut as well as from E-city.

On Marthahalli, Sarjapur stretch there's Ruh which I've heard is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 2221174)
On Marthahalli, Sarjapur stretch there's Ruh which I've heard is good.

I've been to Ruh a few times. The food isn't that great and not worth the money at all. However, the ambience is quite nice. I liked the food in a restaurant called 'Arowana' which is in the same building as 'Ruh'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpunter (Post 2221200)
I've been to Ruh a few times. The food isn't that great and not worth the money at all.

+1. Not at all worth the cost. People tell me it used to be better earlier.

A sign of times maybe, but as demand has increased on the ORR - newer commercial and residential buildings. The once good restaurants have increased their rates and the quality has gone down.

Some that I noted:
Bhagini Restaurant.
Roomali (rooftop).
Jalsa - biggest dissappointment.
Ruh.

There are a couple more but its more of a bad sometimes, good other times.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. We thought of going to go 'LUMIERE' in Marathahalli (www.lumiere.co.in), but decided to go somewhere near Silkboard. But the problem is we do not have many good options in that area. Is there any good places other than Silver Metro?.
Few are vegetarians and others are NVs.

Try Sammuk near Bellandur. The food is good and the ambience is decent.

Last weekend, tried out this place called Zoe's in Indiranagar. Mostly mediteranian cuisine. The sauce in the sizzler was simply yummy and found it better than millers or only place. The pasta was awseome though. The price is on the higher side but the pasta was well worth it considering the quantity and quality of food. The only let down with the sizzler was the quantity of meat when compared to that served in other places was less. One would expect more of meat in a sizzler especially considering you are paying upwards of 300 bucks. Also it was a little undercooked, but other wise the sauce made up for the yummy taste. This is one place i would like to visit once again. The managing director Mr.Ravi paying personal attention to each of the guest and taking feedback and he offered us a complementary desesrt aswell. clap:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2221336)
Thanks guys for the suggestions. We thought of going to go 'LUMIERE' in Marathahalli (www.lumiere.co.in), but decided to go somewhere near Silkboard. But the problem is we do not have many good options in that area. Is there any good places other than Silver Metro?.
Few are vegetarians and others are NVs.

any reviews about Lumiere. I saw their promo emails when they opened. Liked their concept of Organic food, but never had a chance to visit.
Any feedback would be helpful for some trial.

Anybody tried out Peppa Zzing located in Infantry Road, Bangalore opposite the ICIC bank near Safina Plaza ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torque123 (Post 2200119)
Hey Whitesquall! Where has Hotel Keralapurada Saundarya Military Hotel shifted to? I was a daily customer of their's till they did business on Dr. Rajkumar road (near Sapthagiri bar). Once they shifted i lost the track of them. Please tell me the exact location to where they have shifted.

Their food is just too good and real VFM.

Sorry for the delayed response since I am out of town and did not get an opportunity to login to t-bhp.

The original "soundarya military" hotel is still there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torque123 (Post 2200119)
You have a similar military hotel called "SAVAJI's". They serve same food like Keralapurada Saundarya Military Hotel. However it is north Karnataka stlye. Their food is a little more spicier.They are located on the service road near to rajajinagar 1st N block and Mahalaxmi layout signal junction.

Yes. I had written a review about this place long back. I feel their food quality/taste has gone down since then. . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 2200648)
They are located between Navrang signal and Mariappanapalya. They shifted here long back more than 2-3 years back

Yup. You are right. But, please consider parking your vehicle around Navrang theatre since there is no parking place at this restaurant due to Metro rail work.

Sorry for the rather late reply fellas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 2208513)
Suhaas, that Plan B place sounds AWESOME! How would you compare it to Thulp? Do you think the Animal Burger is as big as the Mother of all Moos in Cafe Thulp?

The Moos your Daddy is big but the Mother of all moos has 2 beef patties.

The Animal Burger is comparable to 'Moo's Your Daddy' at Thulp. I'm guessing the MOAM is much larger! In terms of diameter, the Animal Burger is small, but when it comes to sheer volume and weight, it's about the same as the 'Moo's Your Daddy'! Here is a picture for reference:

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-169080_484184642599_776247599_5969657_2711153_n.jpg

(Sorry all Vegans, if I've managed to kill your appetite for the day)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 2213463)
this is an exact replica of 'Man v/s Food' that I keep seeing on Travel channel

way to go..

Yup! It is in fact, just like that! :)

Holy moly! I want that NOW!

We went to this place called Flame and Grill on Church Street, above Mainland China on Sunday for lunch. The cuisine is very similar to BBQ Nation and Kabab Studio. Unlimited starters and then buffet. The kababs were just AWESOME! Soft and succulent. It is as good as Kabab Studio. Difficult for me to choose between these two places.

also been to Silver Metro, Total Mall recently. A little on the expensive side, but good food. The ambience is wierd and nice!