Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2011, 10:19   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Had been to this Spanish restaurant called El Tablao. It is next to Sony World at Koramangala.

Expensive place: 700/- per head with 3 Sangrias and 3 Fresh Lime Sodas.

Now the good stuff: Service is quick. Food is excellent with the exception of the pork sausages.

The Paella is a rice dish which is named after the dish it is cooked in. We had the Paella Valenciana which comes with a lot of chicken and seafood like Prawns, Mussels, Squid, etc.... It was awesome.

The wings in lemon and chilli sauce were very good but a little short on quantity. The Lamb Cutlet is actually lamb chops and was very soft and succulent but again very small quantity.

the potato wedges were also good. The dip they had was nice and made you want to eat more of the wedges!

The Veggies amongst us had some veg quesedillas and it was really really good. As good as veg food goes! :P

For dessert, we tried a chocolate cake and a walnut pudding. The Walnut pudding is served with some honey drizzled over it and is absolutely mindblowingly awesome. I was the PERFECT end to the meal.
Agree. Nice place with a typical European cafe like ambiance. A touch expensive though and very small portion sizes. Makes sense to go in a big group so that you can try out a lot of tapas. I loved the sangria here.
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:41   #1757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Oye Amritsar at Royal Meenakshi mall: dont go there. Bad food, worse service and horrible ambience. The food is a disgrace to north indian cuisine.
And they have some cheap off the shelf music system that plays equally cheap forgotten hindi songs. Any request to lower the volume falls on ears that have probably gone deaf from that music.
Well said. I had been there a month back. It was too expensive and tasted like some bad roadside food. too much of artificial color as well.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:06   #1758
BHPian

There is continental restaurant named "The Only Place" on Museum Road, Bangalore. The cost is reasonable (a bit on higher side) and the quality is really good. The service is also really good.

The only problem I see that their serving time is more.
The parking is also another problem over there but they have some arrangement with the appartment (It is one of the Raheja buildings, forgot the name) next to it.

To be honest, that is one of the fav place of me and my wife! ...
Old 18th September 2011, 16:14   #1759
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday we went to InChina on Museum road for dinner. I dont know if i have mentioned about this place here earlier or not, but the place is good enough to deserve a repeat mention! It is slightly on the more expensive side but the service and the food is well worth it.
Yesterday we wanted to enjoy "good" chinese food and considered Aromas of China as we had had some good experiences there earlier and for the past few occasions had been going to InChina only. But the mixed reviews of Aromas of China on burrp.com were not very encouraging (plus our last outing there was not confidence inspiring for a repeat visit), whereas for InChina there were no negative reviews and our previous two visits to this place had left us quite impressed. We decided not to spoil the evening at the risk of being adventurous and went to InChina.
The food was absolutely wonderful. We must have ordered a dozen different dishes (platter included) and each one had a distinct taste. I was surprised that the place was not full!!
Their Chef (Rahul, i think) was around to give personal recommendations, which were all quite good and was willing to fine tune the taste (spice factor) as well.
I cant pick one dish as a standout dish as everything was top notch. Even the plain chowmein we ordered for the kiddo was tasty!!

So, if you are looking for real good chinese food, head to InChina on Museum Road. You will not visit the BJN variety of chinese food again.

Cheers
Amitoj

Last edited by amitoj : 18th September 2011 at 16:15.
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 11:00   #1760
BHPian

In China is quite good on the ala carte side, but the buffet is just so-so.

Anyway tried this Italian food joint inside Airlines and I must say it was extremly good. Strictly veg food, but extremely good. I had a couple of starters, a pizza and an olio pasta and the bill was less than 500 bucks.

Try it out, its by the same guys who used to run Little Italy earlier.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 11:03   #1761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
In China is quite good on the ala carte side, but the buffet is just so-so.
Not a big fan of buffet here. Somehow the taste of a freshly prepared dish is lost when its kept on the burner forever to keep it warm.
Old 20th September 2011, 09:16   #1762
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yesterday we went to InChina on Museum road for dinner. I dont know if i have mentioned about this place here earlier or not, but the place is good enough to deserve a repeat mention! It is slightly on the more expensive side but the service and the food is well worth it.
Yesterday we wanted to enjoy "good" chinese food and considered Aromas of China as we had had some good experiences there earlier and for the past few occasions had been going to InChina only. But the mixed reviews of Aromas of China on burrp.com were not very encouraging (plus our last outing there was not confidence inspiring for a repeat visit), whereas for InChina there were no negative reviews and our previous two visits to this place had left us quite impressed. We decided not to spoil the evening at the risk of being adventurous and went to InChina.
The food was absolutely wonderful. We must have ordered a dozen different dishes (platter included) and each one had a distinct taste. I was surprised that the place was not full!!
Their Chef (Rahul, i think) was around to give personal recommendations, which were all quite good and was willing to fine tune the taste (spice factor) as well.
I cant pick one dish as a standout dish as everything was top notch. Even the plain chowmein we ordered for the kiddo was tasty!!

So, if you are looking for real good chinese food, head to InChina on Museum Road. You will not visit the BJN variety of chinese food again.

Cheers
Amitoj
I'll try this InChina place this weekend.

Last weekend I'd been to this chinese restaurant called China Pearl, 80 ft road, Koramangala. Decent place, nice service, very nice food and extremely nice bill Quite economical I must say, for the ambience and food quality.

Quote:

Anyway tried this Italian food joint inside Airlines and I must say it was extremly good. Strictly veg food, but extremely good. I had a couple of starters, a pizza and an olio pasta and the bill was less than 500 bucks.

Try it out, its by the same guys who used to run Little Italy earlier.
Seems to be a good try. Where is this Airlines hotel exactly? When I search on google/burrp, the address listed is Madras Bank road. Never heard of that road before, in spite of being a localite! Do they have adequate parking facility?
Old 20th September 2011, 10:28   #1763
BHPian

Tried the newly opened Apple wood ( 100 ft road) last weekend. Came around Rs 600/Person with just a drink and main course. The Mojito was too sweet with lots of sugar. The sizzler was tasteless, don't know how else to describe it. Quantity was good and Service was good except that they almost forced us to fill the feedback.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:29   #1764
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah China Pearl is pretty decent too.
I used to go there often when i used to work out of EGL.
There used to be another place called Magnolias in Koramangala that was pretty good. But i heard they are not as good as they used to be ever since they moved to some new location.
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 11:15   #1765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
... Where is this Airlines hotel exactly? When I search on google/burrp, the address listed is Madras Bank road. Never heard of that road before, in spite of being a localite!...
'Madras Bank Road' - seldom used colloquially in Bangalore - starts at Residency Road 1 lightpoint before the Brigade Road lights and joins at SBI on St.Marks Road. There is a petrol bunk opposite to SBI - the hotel is behind it. Madras Bank Road continues to Lavelle Road, but nowadays it is a one way after St. Marks Road crossing till Lavelle Road. Best way to reach Airlines Hotel is left on Vittal Mallya Road near the circle (Lavelle Road crossing), and then right near the rear of Bowring Institute (Club), or Lavelle Road from Jewels de Paragon side, and left after Bowring Club rear.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 12:25   #1766
BHPian

Airlines probably one of the most famous hangouts for college guys from back in 2000...also used to have amazing food, but dont know now. The coffee is still good though.

They have given out space to a couple of "shacks"...one of these is the pizza joint...had it again at Bangalore club this weekend and was very happy with the quality and taste.
Old 20th September 2011, 13:19   #1767
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Airlines probably one of the most famous hangouts for college guys from back in 2000...also used to have amazing food, but dont know now. The coffee is still good though.

They have given out space to a couple of "shacks"...one of these is the pizza joint...had it again at Bangalore club this weekend and was very happy with the quality and taste.
It still is for the college folks. I frequent there to have Khara bhaat and coffee.
Old 21st September 2011, 10:56   #1768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
It still is for the college folks. I frequent there to have Khara bhaat and coffee.
I agree the Uppitt(khara bath) is very good there. Till last 2 months we were regulars in the evening for the snacks as Hotel Airlines was just next to my office.

It's not just the college folks, most of the real estate & vehicle DEALS happen over here.
Because of more shacks coming in, it's becoming more n more cramped for parking here.
Old 21st September 2011, 14:04   #1769
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest some good places for having sizzlers, in and around Koramangala.

Rohan
Old 21st September 2011, 14:22   #1770
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Please suggest some good places for having sizzlers, in and around Koramangala.

Rohan
You could try Cafe Thulp near the Koramangala BDA. I'm not sure about Sizzlers. I guess they should have it!

Most Viewed