Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-13.html)

Do they still play Jazz on sundays at Java city on church street?

Folks,

I had been to Purple Haze last weekend. Found the place so-so. The beer was not chilled well, the starters could have been better and the ambiance seems to have run down over time.

Could you folks suggest a good pub that has excellent Chiiled beer and good food and doesn't burn a hole in your pocket.

Windsor pub near vasanth nagar and cantonment station.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 724069)
Folks,

I had been to Purple Haze last weekend. Found the place so-so. The beer was not chilled well, the starters could have been better and the ambiance seems to have run down over time.

Was this the Residency Road one or the Koramangala one? I have been going to the Koramangala Purple Haze for some time now and i find their beer to be pretty ok.

Tsk, last time i checked, they were still playing jazz there on sundays. But to tell you the truth, the horrible acoustics of the room totally spoil the music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 724101)
Was this the Residency Road one or the Koramangala one?

This was the Residency road one.

Go to Styx on MG road Brigade road junction. All rock music, and cheap booze.
Go in the afternoon as evenings get very crowded

Nobody has gone to the Hard Rock Cafe on St. Marks Road?

Lovely place but the food is super pricey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 724069)
Folks,
Could you folks suggest a good pub that has excellent Chiiled beer and good food and doesn't burn a hole in your pocket.

Burn a hole is a relative term! these are where i go to (besides clubs which is the best VFM)..

Maya on MG Road has some great food to snack on.. indy joe now has opened up in RMZ (with happy hours) on oldmadras road.. couch on mg road.. old favorite - 13'th floor, TGIF has a good happy hours..road trip near namdhari, i'nagar (food a little exp.), not been to beach... take5 in i'nagar is ok..opus for good music..

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangaraj (Post 724156)
Maya on MG Road has some great food to snack on.. indy joe now has opened up in RMZ (with happy hours) on oldmadras road.. couch on mg road.. old favorite - 13'th floor, TGIF has a good happy hours..road trip near namdhari, i'nagar (food a little exp.), not been to beach... take5 in i'nagar is ok..opus for good music..

Couch is just brilliant. Try the Thai tossed beef, my favourite. The food is all Spiga, so that's an added bonus. Take 5 is also very nice, and their chocolate mousse is quite exceptional. A certain bling moderator is a regular there. Opus, depends on which day of the week, but yes, it's a very nice place. Mugen, on 100 ft Rd, is also very nice. They have a bar, and very good SE Asian food. Beach food is a letdown on occasion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 724133)
Nobody has gone to the Hard Rock Cafe on St. Marks Road?

Went there for the opening and almost died of exhaustion. Waiting for you to flash your privilege card and take us all. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 724130)
Go to Styx on MG road Brigade road junction. All rock music, and cheap booze.
Go in the afternoon as evenings get very crowded

Styx is dead. Though I'm surprised Haze is getting bad reviews. Time to make a pilgrimage. :p

Go to tgif during the happy hours then party at Blue Bar and head to Chancery for a nice mid-night buffet..nothing like it cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 724171)
Couch is just brilliant. Try the Thai tossed beef, my favourite. The food is all Spiga, so that's an added bonus. Take 5 is also very nice, and their chocolate mousse is quite exceptional.

Talking of Spiga, does anyone know what happened to it ?

Shut down. But the food is now at Couch.

Where is the purple haze in koromanagala? and where is the chancery?

Its been a while since i went to Windsor pub.. great food once again..

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 724812)
Where is the purple haze in koromanagala? and where is the chancery?

In a lane opposite JNC. Now if you have to ask where JNC is... ;)

The Chancery, well the one that has Amnesia, is opposite the Bangalore Club and Hot Tracks.