Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2013, 14:46   #2506
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
A few days back, we went to this small kebab shop on the inner corner of BDA complex, Indiranagar. The name is New Shahi Kebabs. I had some fresh chicken roll, sheek kebab and bhuna kebabs there -- a good starter for the awesome dinner we had at Savoury that day!

Here is the location:
Attachment 1046137
Nileshch

Shahi's has seen quite a few Team-BHP meets in the past, courtesy moi.

My home is just a walk away from the Indiranagar RTO / BDA Complex. I've been a regular for 10 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
Hi Suhaas!

Have you tried Narmadha's Hyderabadi Biriyani in BTM Layout? Try it out, it is much better than most of the biriyani joints in Bangalore.
Need to try Narmadha's. Thanks for the suggestion, Mr. Umvarma!
Old 2nd February 2013, 21:32   #2507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Is Anjappar located somewhere near the Koramangala Water-Tank / BDA Complex? I think I've been there. Reasonably priced food and it is certainly not bad at all.
Shivaji Military Hotel is in Jayanagar / Banshankari I believe.
Yes, its near the Koramangala BDA complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
From Banashankari Bus stand, when you go towards Silk Board, it is on the first cross road on the first floor. It is in the same building which you see on the corner in front of the Banshankari bus terminus but with the entrance on the rearside. Parking is not a problem as you can utilise the BBMP parking in the bus terminus
Be prepared as this place is not very clean and experience a lot of rush during weekends even for a parcel service.
Thanks unk9ja!
Old 3rd February 2013, 00:27   #2508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kabab Magic is open from 1 pm onward. Not sure about Savory. Every time I'd been there, the Sun had already set.
In Kabab Magic, shawarmas are served only in the evenings, mostly after 6.30-7 pm. This was the place where I got addicted to Shawarmas. Btw, the biryani here is not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
There are indeed lots of good places where Biryanis are top notch, try Hyderabad housed, and Ammis Bryant first, they serve lip smacking Biryani.
Pavan, somehow I don't like Ammis Biryani at all. As Suhas said, it doesn't seem very fresh and the taste is not so great either. I am yet to try Hyderabad house but I am a long time fan of the Hyderabadi Biryani (on Victoria Road) we had the other day

Suhas, Shivaji military hotel's biryani is a different type of biryani and I am a very big fan of this place. The only irritant is the long waiting time on weekends. It is located very near to Banashankari Bus stand.
Old 3rd February 2013, 00:32   #2509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
In Kabab Magic, shawarmas are served only in the evenings, mostly after 6.30-7 pm. This was the place where I got addicted to Shawarmas. Btw, the biryani here is not worth it.
You haven't been there in a while, have you?

Due to popular demand, they've started serving them after 1 pm! How awesome is that! *winks*

Quote:
Suhas, Shivaji military hotel's biryani is a different type of biryani and I am a very big fan of this place. The only irritant is the long waiting time on weekends. It is located very near to Banashankari Bus stand.
I need to try this place. It isn't far from Jayanagar, an area I frequent.
Old 3rd February 2013, 00:43   #2510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You haven't been there in a while, have you?

Due to popular demand, they've started serving them after 1 pm! How awesome is that! *winks*
Actually, now that I think of it, it's been quite a while since I ate there. So, they serve shawarmas during the afternoons, that is awesome!!!

Nowadays, I get my regular dose of shawarmas in a small place near Nagarbhavi circle. These are a bit spicier than the ones you get in Kabab Magic, but still good enough. This is kind of a fully 'Indianised' Shawarma.
Old 3rd February 2013, 01:12   #2511
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nowadays, I get my regular dose of shawarmas in a small place near Nagarbhavi circle. These are a bit spicier than the ones you get in Kabab Magic, but still good enough. This is kind of a fully 'Indianised' Shawarma.
You know, come to think of it, even the Kabab Magic Shawarmas are sort of 'Indianised'. The one you get @ Savory (Frazer Town) is probably closest to the real deal, complete with Pita Bread, humus and pickled beetroots *yum yum*
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:35   #2512
BHPian

Quote:

Nileshch

Shahi's has seen quite a few Team-BHP meets in the past, courtesy moi.

My home is just a walk away from the Indiranagar RTO / BDA Complex. I've been a regular for 10 years now.
That's great! can be a meeting point for the next meet as well! I stay not too far either, near BSNL office. It is going to be my regular snack place also!
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:53   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... shawarmas in a small place near Nagarbhavi circle ...
Nagarbhavi circle, eh? Which one? The crazy one where the Ring Road underpass is, or somewhere else?
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:59   #2514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Nagarbhavi circle, eh? Which one? The crazy one where the Ring Road underpass is, or somewhere else?
Yes near the ring road underpass. This is immediately after the bridge to your right, on there road towards Bangalore University campus. May I ask why you call it crazy? I presume you've had a bad experience there
Old 3rd February 2013, 16:12   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
The one you get @ Savory (Frazer Town) is probably closest to the real deal, complete with Pita Bread, humus and pickled beetroots *yum yum*
Have you tried Shawarma King in Frazer Town? It belongs to an arab family and their shawarma is very different from what you get in other places. I took a friend of mine who is a frequent visitor to UAE and he said it's the closest he's had in india compared to the real deal. Plus the different dip they have is too good. Check it out (It's right next to the Bus Stand on MM road.)
Old 3rd February 2013, 18:43   #2516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... This is immediately after the bridge to your right, on there road towards Bangalore University campus. May I ask why you call it crazy? ...
Thanks, got it.

Not a bad experience, but irritation at how drivers forget common road sense and tolerance / patience. Traffic going towards Chandra Layout and Vijayanagar is impeded by the narrow turning, where at least 3 lines try to muscle their way into 1 line. Coming out of that BU road, one is faced with open mouthed 'guggoos' trying to wade through oncoming traffic in whatever space they can get into (but not get out of).

Since there is no entry to the south-bound Ring Road lane going left, all traffic (Nagarbhavi AND north & south-bound on RR) goes north towards Nagarbhavi to enter the RR. Even I avoid Mysore Road by using RR till this point, or go towards BU if I am going to Concorde Mysore Road, RR Nagar or Gopalan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
... the different dip they have is too good ...
Never been there, so not sure but ... this could be either the Tahini based dip (sesame / til base), or Labneh / Tzatziki (thick yoghurt base) dip. If so, it would be the genuine stuff used in the Arab world.

As a comparison for the genuine stuff, one has to visit Ranoosh, the Lebanese joint on KH Road. It is owned and operated by a Lebanese chef. Slightly pricey, but totally VFM unlike the likes of Fava, World Cafe, Zaks and Lebmex.

Last edited by DerAlte : 3rd February 2013 at 18:44.
Old 4th February 2013, 12:38   #2517
Senior - BHPian

There is a new eatery at HRBR named Al-Aharman which sells Chicken/Mutton Rolls.
Chicken Roll is priced at Rs 60 and is huge.The chicken pieces melts in your mouth and the roll also has french fries along with juicy chicken pieces. I am not sure about the exact location as the roll was parceled by my cousin.I am also told that this place draws lot of crowd on weekends and the waiting period is one hour. I am visiting this place tomorrow and will come back with more updates.
Old 4th February 2013, 16:40   #2518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Thanks, got it.

Since there is no entry to the south-bound Ring Road lane going left, all traffic (Nagarbhavi AND north & south-bound on RR) goes north towards Nagarbhavi to enter the RR. Even I avoid Mysore Road by using RR till this point, or go towards BU if I am going to Concorde Mysore Road, RR Nagar or Gopalan.
True. This place is a free-for-all during the morning & evening. I usually take the university route and Moodalapalya main road to reach office in the mornings and in the evenings, I go straight to Nayandahalli through the ring road to reach Mysore road and then RR nagar. But when I crave to eat the rolls, I go up the bridge, grab the rolls and head into BU to rejoin Mysore road and Rajarajeshwari Arch.
Old 4th February 2013, 17:41   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Pavan

I've tried both. Ammis on two occasions. Ammis tasted like fast-food. It was cold, oily and definitely not fresh. I liked what that joint in Victoria Layout (opposite the Toyota showroom) had served long ago but the food has become increasingly unhygienic so I avoided going there. Meghanas serves nice biryani but it isn't authentic Hyderabadi dum-biryani. Kabab Magic on RV road is decent but not very hygienic either. I've tried every possible biryani-joint in Bangalore apart from this Shivaji Military Hotel.

Suhaas,
Have you tried lazeez near Empire Hotel, Koramangla ? They aren't very fancy but they serve some good Biryanis and rolls. Exactly what i am crazy about. Though, it isn't Hyderbadi Biryani but the lucknowi one.
Old 4th February 2013, 18:06   #2520
Team-BHP Support

Went last weekend to Mekong, a new chinese place on Sarjapur road. It's right opposite the kaikrodahalli lake on the terrace of the building that has Mom and me store.

Ambience is very nice with a beautiful view of the lake.

Food was very nice. A bit on the spicier side but taste was good. It's indian chinese like mainland china but without the premium bill.

We went for lunch there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks