Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2013, 18:13   #2521
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Went last weekend to Mekong, a new chinese place on Sarjapur road. It's right opposite the kaikrodahalli lake on the terrace of the building that has Mom and me store.

Hi ,

If you like good chinese or thai food try Delicacy.

They have branches in cooke town, koramangala & Kalyan Nagar.

The best part I liked is the liberal use of good ingredients.

Try the momos and satays.
Old 4th February 2013, 20:03   #2522
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Have you tried Shawarma King in Frazer Town? It belongs to an arab family and their shawarma is very different from what you get in other places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Suhaas,
Have you tried lazeez near Empire Hotel, Koramangla ? They aren't very fancy but they serve some good Biryanis and rolls. Exactly what i am crazy about. Though, it isn't Hyderbadi Biryani but the lucknowi one.
Yes AND yes!

Shawarma King is awesome. I'd completely forgotten about it. It;s right up there with Savory, if not better!

I've tried all the Lazeez outlets too. I really like the rolls and the biryani is quite good too.

The best biryani I've had was at a Muslim friend's house. It just doesn't get better than that.
Old 4th February 2013, 20:19   #2523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Mekong, a new chinese place ...
They must be falling short of Chinese sounding names to use the name of a Vietnamese / Cambodian river (which itself is apparently a corruption of 'Ma Ganga')! From the name I thought they might be serving Vietnamese / Cambodian stuff. :(

Where can one get decent Vietnamese in Bangalore?
Old 4th February 2013, 20:35   #2524
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
They must be falling short of Chinese sounding names to use the name of a Vietnamese / Cambodian river (which itself is apparently a corruption of 'Ma Ganga')! From the name I thought they might be serving Vietnamese / Cambodian stuff. :(
True, by the way the Shelton Grand hotel on MG Road/Church Street has a chinese restaurant called 'Ming Ling'!

Quote:
Read a review of this place last week, they apparently serve Vietnamese cuisine - Phobidden Fruit, 12th Main Indiranagar.
Disclaimer - I've never been there so please don't take my word for it.
Old 4th February 2013, 20:36   #2525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

DerAlte, they don't just serve chinese but also burmese, vietnamese, Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian.

Have a look at the menu:

http://bangalore.burrp.com/listing/m...1267__CA__menu

I haven't had authentic vietnamese, and burmese so am not sure about how close it is.

Also, for pan asian food, I would recommend Republic of noodles. I absolutely love the food there especially the one at Electronics city. They have one at Ulsoor St. Johns road as well:

Here's the menu:
http://www.zomato.com/bangalore/repu...er-ulsoor/menu
Old 4th February 2013, 22:48   #2526
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Try Oko at Hotel Ashok. Also, try The Tao Terrace @ No.1 MG Road. Phobidden Fruit is supposedly pretty nice too.
Old 5th February 2013, 00:37   #2527
BHPian

Quote:

this could be either the Tahini based dip (sesame / til base), or Labneh / Tzatziki (thick yoghurt base) dip...

As a comparison for the genuine stuff, one has to visit Ranoosh, the Lebanese joint on KH Road.
They have two different kinds of dips- 1 is a rather dilute guava-coloured one (a bit spicy) and the other is the thick white one. I don't really know what is what but who cares as long as it keeps my tummy happy?

Regarding Ranoosh, never heard of this place before. Where exactly is it? Ill check it out this weekend.
Old 5th February 2013, 08:57   #2528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Suhaas,
Have you tried lazeez near Empire Hotel, Koramangla ? They aren't very fancy but they serve some good Biryanis and rolls. Exactly what i am crazy about. Though, it isn't Hyderbadi Biryani but the lucknowi one.
Lazeez is an old favourite. Their rolls are the true Calcutta style rolls, stuffed with meat and fried egg, and if you have them hot and fresh, nothing quite like it. The biryani too is lip smacking, as are the various curries and parathas on offer.

By the way, the newest Lazeez outlet has been opened a month or two back in BTM Layout 1st stage, just off the BTM Main Road near Jayadeva flyover. Happens to be just behind my house
Old 5th February 2013, 11:55   #2529
BHPian

Suhaas, have you tried I&Monkey on 12th main in indiranagar? Went there a few days ago and the food was absolutely sensational.

A bit pricey though.. the saving grace was that the food was great. These are the same guys who run the windsor pub and restaurant near cantonment.. any bangalore old timer will know the food at that joint
Old 5th February 2013, 12:47   #2530
Senior - BHPian

Cafe Masala! My favourite restaurant in Bengaluru for sure! I also liked Ammi's Briyani, who do home delivery even if you get just one Briyani and a starter, which was quite surprising for me. Also, Nandoo's at Ascendos Tech Park gave us a very unique experience ( Ex-Peri-Peri-ence, as they say it )
Old 5th February 2013, 12:49   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Lazeez is an old favourite. Their rolls are the true Calcutta style rolls, stuffed with meat and fried egg, and if you have them hot and fresh, nothing quite like it. The biryani too is lip smacking, as are the various curries and parathas on offer.

By the way, the newest Lazeez outlet has been opened a month or two back in BTM Layout 1st stage, just off the BTM Main Road near Jayadeva flyover. Happens to be just behind my house

Basu da,

Agree to you. The rolls you get at Lazeez or say Katti rolls, reminds me of my days in Cal. The Biryani is less spicy and smells awesome. When we use to be Kor'la it was a charm to get them, but now we are quite far and we miss it :(
Old 5th February 2013, 16:19   #2532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went last weekend to Mekong, a new chinese place on Sarjapur road. It's right opposite the kaikrodahalli lake on the terrace of the building that has Mom and me store.

Ambience is very nice with a beautiful view of the lake.

Food was very nice. A bit on the spicier side but taste was good. It's indian chinese like mainland china but without the premium bill.

We went for lunch there.
Surprising ! I once got parcel dinner from them and was dissapointed - was neither spicy like Indian Chinese (Magnolia type) or authentic SE asian (like mainland china). Guess will have to go there and try once again !
Old 5th February 2013, 18:30   #2533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
... Ranoosh, ...
If you go down KH Road (Double Road) from Wilson Garden / Lalbagh side towards the flyover, this is right near the flyover entry. Stay on extreme left instead of getting on the flyover. They have valet parking.
Old 5th February 2013, 19:25   #2534
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post
Suhaas, have you tried I&Monkey on 12th main in indiranagar? Went there a few days ago and the food was absolutely sensational.

A bit pricey though.. the saving grace was that the food was great. These are the same guys who run the windsor pub and restaurant near cantonment.. any bangalore old timer will know the food at that joint
Haven't been to I&Monkey even though I was invited for the opening! Yes, I know that it's by the same people who started Windsor Pub. I love the food they serve there! The Pandhi curry is succulent and the Appam & Stew are lip-smacking!
Old 6th February 2013, 15:36   #2535
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest a good restaurant in Koramangala for anniversary dinner with wife.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks