Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2013, 16:00   #2641
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

^^Been there multiple times - its a really nice place. Great food.

Last edited by GTO : 28th March 2013 at 12:50. Reason: Rule #11. Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 16:16   #2642
Senior - BHPian

Any review of the Mynt restaurant at the Taj West End, Race Course road, Bangalore?

What are their buffet / set menu options?

For those who work out of Electronics City, Phase-1, do pay a visit to this restaurant. It is located past the Wipro campus. Just drive past Wipro's multi level car park building and the restaurant is on your left in a commercial building on the first floor.

The food is homely and very reasonable. When out for lunch with colleagues, we generally order the Pet Puja Plus thali. The phulka's are soft and light, veg. dishes are tasty and overall the food does not make you feel heavy and drowsy.

Do try the lassi as well.

Of course, on friday's expect a lot of crowd and waiting time.

Also would like to suggest Sanman Hotel on R.V. Road, opposite Bangalore Hospital.

Do try the Davanagere Benne (butter) Open Dosa's which are available only on monday's. These dosa's are delicious with a generous dollop of butter and chilli paste.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th March 2013 at 16:25.
Old 27th March 2013, 16:30   #2643
Senior - BHPian

^^Its their 24 hour coffee shop not a restaurant. Has the usual grub you see in 24 hour shops, nothing spectacular - especially at those prices. The only nice places in Taj West End are Blue Bar and Blue Ginger. The rest suck.
Old 27th March 2013, 18:02   #2644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys need recommendation for a office dinner party within 2 km radius from forum,kormangala. Max budget is 500 Rs all inclusive per head(Project sponsored limit). There will be 20 people with both veg/non-veg tastes. Please recommend a good place . Thanks in advance.
Try Oyster Bay. Its next to Bhima Jewels in Jyoti Nivas College Road. Its a Fishetarians delight. Veggies can survive.

Good starters and salads. It will fall into your budget. My last visit was 2 months back, and it was good.
Old 27th March 2013, 20:04   #2645
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Any review of the Mynt restaurant at the Taj West End, Race Course road, Bangalore?

What are their buffet / set menu options?

paste.

Their buffet is rubbish.
Their a la carte is super.

To me the best Taj Hotel in Bangalore with the best restaurants and food quality is the Vivanta on MG Road.

People passing through Koramangala, stop and try Hunan, opposite Empire on the main road near JNC. Hunan is first class. A bit expensive though.
Old 28th March 2013, 08:53   #2646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Try Taste Of Rampur(Opp Forum)/ The Elegant Elephant or Oriental kitchen near Sony Wotld junction. All thee have buffet approx under 500 and have nice decor/ ambience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Try Oyster Bay. Its next to Bhima Jewels in Jyoti Nivas College Road. Its a Fishetarians delight. Veggies can survive.

Good starters and salads. It will fall into your budget. My last visit was 2 months back, and it was good.
Thanks for the suggestions. We went to Bay leaf for a la carte since the number of people reduced .

Will keep these in mind for the next team lunch
Old 28th March 2013, 09:47   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Its their 24 hour coffee shop not a restaurant. Has the usual grub you see in 24 hour shops, nothing spectacular - especially at those prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Their buffet is rubbish. Their a la carte is super.
Thanks guys. I've got a dinner for two voucher at this place which entitles us to fixed menu spread. Any idea what they offer on such a package? This voucher is from my company though so i guess it must be good since it's a corporate deal.
Old 28th March 2013, 11:31   #2648
BHPian

Team,

Can anyone suggest a nice chicken biryani place in and around BTM layout, Bangalore?

thank you.
Old 28th March 2013, 11:51   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Team,

Can anyone suggest a nice chicken biryani place in and around BTM layout, Bangalore?

thank you.
Try The Biriyanis at East end road behind Jayadeva. There is another place called Narmadha's on BTM main road, I haven't been there personally but heard the food is good.
Old 28th March 2013, 11:55   #2650
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited (reluctantly actually, finally went ahead just for a change) Nagarjuna's Nakshatra on double road, Indiranagar for dinner and was pleasantly surprised.
Very good ambience, good service and excellent food (but don't expect too much of a review since it was just us 2 veggies ).
The Veg Seekh Kebab was excellent as well as the Rotis, Naan and Veg Kohlapuri.
Old 28th March 2013, 11:56   #2651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Visited (reluctantly actually, finally went ahead just for a change) Nagarjuna's Nakshatra on double road, Indiranagar for dinner and was pleasantly surprised.
Very good ambience, good service and excellent food (but don't expect too much of a review since it was just us 2 veggies ).
The Veg Seekh Kebab was excellent as well as the Rotis, Naan and Veg Kohlapuri.
The place is good and the thali too is quite ok-that is ofcourse if you can live with the soda-fied rice that all the Andhra restaurants serve!
Old 28th March 2013, 12:02   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Try The Biriyanis at East end road behind Jayadeva. There is another place called Narmadha's on BTM main road, I haven't been there personally but heard the food is good.

@Manoj: Thank you. I woke-up this morning with a craving for biryani. Should try it this evening.
Old 28th March 2013, 12:05   #2653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Almost everything you get in BTM is budget fare. By far the best biryani near to BTM is at Shivaji MIlitary Hotel (Donne Biryani)
Old 28th March 2013, 12:08   #2654
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good place for lunch at Electronic city phase 1. Looking for good non-veg value for money and hygienic fare. Our office moved to EC recently and I do not know any restaurants around this place.
Old 28th March 2013, 12:10   #2655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Almost everything you get in BTM is budget fare. By far the best biryani near to BTM is at Shivaji MIlitary Hotel (Donne Biryani)
Thank you . Yes, I have had there, it is awesome. I went there last month, the place was closed and looked deserted. So thought he must have shifted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks