Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-18.html)

I visited Indijoe's on OMR. The food was good for the price, although i felt the choice of starters was rather limited. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 804431)
I visited Indijoe's on OMR. The food was good for the price, although i felt the choice of starters was rather limited. :)

Where is the Indijoe's on OMR? Is that a new one? The one I know is one on airport road immediately after 100 ft road junction along with TGIF & Bombay post.
cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclectix 1st (Post 804454)
Where is the Indijoe's on OMR? Is that a new one? The one I know is one on airport road immediately after 100 ft road junction along with TGIF & Bombay post.
cheers:

Its in that Salarpuria building. Has a CCD outlet as well, and can be seen from the main road itself. Diagonally opposite to the BB on OMR.

Indijoes / TGIF are nice.

I checked out Ruby Tuesday this weekend and all of us present werent too impressed.

Hard Rock cafe has good food, but a tad expensive.

Indijoe's also on church street opposite empire where the old bombay house used to be.

So are there actually 3 indijoe's in bangalore now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 805142)
I checked out Ruby Tuesday this weekend and all of us present werent too impressed.

I've heard that the steaks are good at Ruby Tuesday.. true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 805391)

Dint taste the steaks, but their ribs are yum yum yum. A bit expensive though.

cheers:

I got stuck in a Salad bar today with parents @ one of the Namdhari's. :Shockked:
But to my surprise, they had some yummy and tasty ones on the show. I liked their natural concept and downed about 3bowls of Fruit salad before checking out anything else. Russian was very good, so was the pasta salad and cotton cheese varieties.
I had a whole load of cheese cakes too and packed whatever was left in the shelf there. Ummmmwwwwaaah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 805391)

For me I prefer a meat steak and they dont have any. The chicken stuff wasnt too great, 3 people at our table ordered different variations nothing above average.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclectix 1st (Post 805477)
Dint taste the steaks, but their ribs are yum yum yum. A bit expensive though.

Agreed, the Ribs were decent but again not excellent! Maybe the kitchen was having a bad day when we visited.

I've tried both Ruby Tuesday's & TGIF's in multiple cities & have always come to the conclusion that going to TGIF is better than RT because mainly of the food quality.

TGIF has far better tasting food than RT IMO.

Ishan, my sentiments exactly... only that my experience with RT will probably be limited to just this once.

TGiF happy hours used to be great fun too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 805540)

Just curious..how good are the Happy hours at these places? I haven't been to a pub in B'lore in ages. Compared to regular rates,are the happy hour rates worth it?

Quote:

Ishan, my sentiments exactly... only that my experience with RT will probably be limited to just this once.

Yeah, I recently had to go to RT after a long while due to no other good restaurant being in the vicinity & regretted it immediately. Wast of money.

Quote:

Well that was the other reason......:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 805495)
I got stuck in a Salad bar today with parents @ one of the Namdhari's. :Shockked:
But to my surprise, they had some yummy and tasty ones on the show. I liked their natural concept and downed about 3bowls of Fruit salad before checking out anything else. Russian was very good, so was the pasta salad and cotton cheese varieties.
I had a whole load of cheese cakes too and packed whatever was left in the shelf there. Ummmmwwwwaaah!

I am guessing it was the Koramangala one.

Next time, try the Pasta salad. Absolutely YUM !! Especially with some extra mayo/thousand island dressing.