Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2014, 16:05   #3046
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farukh View Post
Now that was SOME way to describe food.
I have to say that some of it bounced off my head but I did enjoy the breakfast with you, virtually.
Thanks Farukh.
Try the place if you ever visit Bangalore- I found it charming.
Old 27th January 2014, 18:35   #3047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Ten green bottles hanging on a wall
Excellent write-up!! I have to try out his place after reading this. Will try this Saturday. Hope its not too crowded.
Old 28th January 2014, 08:18   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Excellent write-up!! I have to try out his place after reading this. Will try this Saturday. Hope its not too crowded.
Thanks. Take your laptop if you have one and have any light 'work' to complete, or dive into their assortment of magazines. There's enough to keep you engaged while your order is being drummed-up. I think they have board games as well.
Old 28th January 2014, 08:35   #3049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Rajeev Gonsalves
Err.... chef.Could not make out the name of the place from your wonderful appetizing write up. Is it Ten green bottles?
Old 28th January 2014, 09:00   #3050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Err.... chef.Could not make out the name of the place from your wonderful appetizing write up. Is it Ten green bottles?

No, Sir. Sorry...tis "Give Me 5"
Old 28th January 2014, 18:46   #3051
BHPian

Huliyappa's Donne Biryani

Tried Huliyappa's Donne Biryani located at CBI RT Nagar, it's a very small joint but clean. The menu is limited with Chicken Biryani and mutton biryani and some dry dishes.

I tried the Donne chicken biriyani and guntur chicken, the biryani had a rustic taste to it, decent quantity of rice and chicken with Sherwa and a curd with vegetable salad.

It may not appeal to Biryani purist, but worth a try.
Old 29th January 2014, 12:11   #3052
Senior - BHPian

Re: Huliyappa's Donne Biryani

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Tried Huliyappa's Donne Biryani located at CBI RT Nagar, it's a very small joint but clean.
Where in RT nagar.? Can you help me with Landmark, if any.

Waseem.
Old 29th January 2014, 14:07   #3053
BHPian

Quote:
…
A decent English Breakfast –EB for short –is about as common as a dinosaur or hen's teeth or any of those really rare things people often lament the passing of. Yup- RIP EB. If you ask me, it left our shores when the British packed their bags and their Royal Doulton crockery and went back to Blighty.
If you want idlis/vadais, there are 3 million joints in Bangalore where you could find them. A Continental breakfast is another matter altogether.
Rajeev Gonsalves
Congrats, Rajeev. Very eloquent, dude. You may be new to this place, as the EB never left Bangy. I live across in DefColony and within 5 mins of here you can have a fantastic EB at Cream N Crust, Woodstok, Smoke house Deli and the new 'Leaping Windows Cafe' opp Indiranagar Club. A little further we have Ants Cafe, Cafe Max, Bistro and the fantastic 'A Hole in the Wall' in K'mangala.

The Red Fork and several smaller cafes like News Cafe, Sports Cafe, Egg Factory @ Ulsoor all serve an excellent Conti breakfast. But thank you for reviewing a new place.Looks like a well-priced Adda!!

Also, not to detract from your piece, but you probably meant 'invocation' and not 'innovation' as it came out below, probably thanks to your spell-checker.

"while the mashed potato oozed molten cheese as though a tuberous Mt Vesuvius had spewed up its Dali-esque Mascarpone, offering up an innovation to ancient Roman Gods—an innovation that was headed lasciviously to the ..."
Old 29th January 2014, 19:17   #3054
BHPian

Re: Huliyappa's Donne Biryani

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Where in RT nagar.? Can you help me with Landmark, if any.

Waseem.
Waseem,

There is a store by the name K Ahmed Stores, diagonally opposite to this store is a small complex, on the left side of the complex in the ground floor.

Google Map
Old 29th January 2014, 22:32   #3055
BHPian

Little Italy Indira Nagar: I went to this place on last Thursday with my wife and a cousin. We had the misfortune of ordering the buffet. It was a disaster and we came back with frustration. Each person were charged little more than 600 rs. They never made us feel that we have ordered for buffet as the quantities were scanty. There were just 3 starters and we were served one small plate of each starter for all 3 of us. Despite of requesting more than once to bring at least two plates of each dish the waiter preferred to ignore our preference. They just have one variety of pizza in buffet which is totally bland and very basic. The pizza had a sorry look and longed for some toppings and there were none. Add to that one salad and two varieties of pasta( cheese based White one and a red one). The deserts were terrible and worth ignoring. The service is extremely slow, pathetic is a lesser term to describe their attitude. I will never visit this place again.
Old 30th January 2014, 11:01   #3056
Oxy
BHPian

Tried Bakasur at Park Square Mall, ITPL. I'd say the buffet there is really worth it @ Rs.499 plus taxes.

Pretty huge spread both for vegetarian as well as meat lovers. The food tasted awesome. I'd rate it much better than hyped up wannabes like Barbeque Nation.

The place is named after a character in the Mahabharata who used to eat a truckload of food at a time. So the theme basically is to be there when you are really really hungry and eat as much as you can.
Old 30th January 2014, 15:51   #3057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Congrats, Rajeev. Very eloquent, dude. You may be new to this place, as the EB never left Bangy. I live across in DefColony and within 5 mins of here you can have a fantastic EB "

Haha, mucho gracias Juggy...I've lived here ALL my life, but obviously barely lived!
Now I've a heap of joints to check out thanks to you. All the other names are new to me, but I've heard Hole in the Wall mentioned in some circles.

Nope, meant 'innovation'
Old 13th February 2014, 16:04   #3058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

Guys, I forgot to mention where this place is located. At ESI Hospital, there's a traffic signal. If you approach this from the Domlur/Namdhari's end, turn left at the signal. On your right you'll see Bhikramchand Motilal or similar name sweet/chaat store- Give Me 5 is just around the corner!
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:43   #3059
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Any good place or restaurant chain serving authentic Tamil Nadu/Andhra style south indian food in Bangalore?

I have been in Bangalore for a year now, but most of the restaurants and take aways serving south Indian food don't have that *distinct* flavour of south India as we know it back in North.

As an example, consider the staple dish Sambhar - which is for some reason sweet in taste all over Bangalore. Not the spicy and *hot* like generally expected of by a North Indian .

Any pointers to authentic Tamil Nadu style south indian food (Dosa/Idli etc.) in Bangalore - specifically North Bangalore?

How is Vasudeva Adigas (Opening in my locality North bangalore in a couple of days) ?
Old 3rd March 2014, 21:14   #3060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys,

Any good place or restaurant chain serving authentic Tamil Nadu/Andhra style south indian food in Bangalore?

I have been in Bangalore for a year now, but most of the restaurants and take aways serving south Indian food don't have that *distinct* flavour of south India as we know it back in North.

As an example, consider the staple dish Sambhar - which is for some reason sweet in taste all over Bangalore. Not the spicy and *hot* like generally expected of by a North Indian .

Any pointers to authentic Tamil Nadu style south indian food (Dosa/Idli etc.) in Bangalore - specifically North Bangalore?

How is Vasudeva Adigas (Opening in my locality North bangalore in a couple of days) ?
I have always thought Sri Krishna Cafe in Koramangala served good Tamil Nadu food. Especially the sambhar tastes just like home.

Vasudev Adigas serves "sweet" Sambhar. Atleast the one where i had did.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks