Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2014, 13:49   #3166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Guys,

Where can I find Haleem in Bangalore, last year I scored the tubs in Total mall and on Mosque road. Are there Pista House outlets this year too, like last year?

Haleem is available at most of the stalls at Mosque road, they have pista house stall too. It's also available at most of the ammis biriyani outlets. Alternatively you can buy online from gati connect for same day delivery from pista house, Hyderabad. I order this every year.
Old 14th July 2014, 11:36   #3167
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Guys,

Planning to go to mosque road sometime in this week (weekday evening).
Have heard a lot about the food, please suggest the favourite places and what to try if possible.

Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 12:16   #3168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Guys,

Planning to go to mosque road sometime in this week (weekday evening).
Have heard a lot about the food, please suggest the favourite places and what to try if possible.

Thanks
Try the Mutton Sheek at Pahalwani Handi, also try the Pista House Haleem.
Old 14th July 2014, 12:56   #3169
Senior - BHPian

I had been to rolls on wheels at Marathalli yesterday for a quick bite. The rolls were soft, juicy and tasty too. Price wise, they are normal and I would definitely suggest them.
However, For veggies, I noticed that they cook/fry the chicken and the vegetable on the same tawa and also use the same to make the roll, so you may want to let them know if you don't like it. For me, this wasn't a problem though.
Old 14th July 2014, 13:28   #3170
BHPian

We made a successful trip to Mosque road on Friday night. Scored a parking place just ahead of KFC and from there it's a short walk to the stalls - just follow your nose We bought haleem and "double ka meetha" from the pista house stall and then headed back for dinner at Zaks on Coles cross road.
Old 14th July 2014, 13:29   #3171
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys any suggestions for chicken dishes in mosque road or any other food stalls? I am specifically interested in grills, kababs and biriyani if available. Please suggest the good stalls out of the lot as everything looks the same that area

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I had been to rolls on wheels at Marathalli yesterday for a quick bite. The rolls were soft, juicy and tasty too. Price wise, they are normal and I would definitely suggest them.
However, For veggies, I noticed that they cook/fry the chicken and the vegetable on the same tawa and also use the same to make the roll, so you may want to let them know if you don't like it. For me, this wasn't a problem though.
Second your opinion. I frequent Rolls on wheels in BSK and the taste as well as quantity you get for the sub 100 rupee price tag is really worth it. For people who prefer spicy stuff you have to specify it when they make it else it may sometimes taste bland. My favourite pick there is chicken tikka with egg. They also do Momos but I found it to be good and not excellent.
Old 14th July 2014, 14:06   #3172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Alternatively you can buy online from gati connect for same day delivery from pista house, Hyderabad. I order this every year.
Can you please provide some feedback on Haleem that they deliver from gati connect? is it fresh/served hot or canned?
Old 14th July 2014, 14:26   #3173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Can you please provide some feedback on Haleem that they deliver from gati connect? is it fresh/served hot or canned?
Deepak.

Dont bother.Pista house has many counters in Bangalore which serve fresh Haleem.

BTW:Gati guys serve fresh Haleem, i have ordered few times when i was in Delhi way back in 2008.

Waseem.
Old 14th July 2014, 14:33   #3174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It comes in a box - it is definitely not warm by the time it reaches you. You need to heat it up in a microwave.

I found haleem at 4 seasons restaurant in indira nagar/whitefield to be much better than pista house haleem and its available fresh and hot.

The other option if you have time is to go to Mosque road/Shivaji Nagar during the Roza period.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 14th July 2014 at 14:34.
Old 14th July 2014, 15:28   #3175
BHPian

Went to Moghuls at HSR layout last evening for dinner with family. I have been a regular at this place ever since I was introduced to this place by my friend. The food is tasty and a lot of care is taken to ensure that the customer's feedback is taken into account. I had given them feedback on a couple of food items and when I visited them again,found that the team checked with me about my feedback again. All in all,a great place with excellent food. Their Bindi Do Pyaas is something to die for.
Rs 500 for 2 people
Old 14th July 2014, 16:17   #3176
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest a nice place for buffet lunch with office team.

Budget is approx 500 per head.

Area - within 15 kms from Electronic City.

We have already been to E-Inn, Silver Metro, Chutney Chang, Sultans of Spice on previous occasions. Would like to try out something other than these.

Barbecue Nation is out of budget.

Please suggest any other options.

Rohan
Old 14th July 2014, 16:37   #3177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Please suggest any other options.
Try La Classic. Good place and they have a decent spread. Its just before the Attibele toll on to your left while heading toward Hosur.

Last edited by ampere : 14th July 2014 at 16:38.
Old 14th July 2014, 22:13   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
If you like kolkotta rolls, check out the place at the corner near ramaiah engg college gate.
Old 15th July 2014, 11:39   #3179
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if you have ever been here, you can also try Chakum Chukum in Indiranagar (7th Main). They serve really awesome Kolkata rolls. The owner of the shop is a Bengali lady. I have had variety of rolls (both veg and non-veg) and they never disappoint me. Before the size of rolls used to be huge but now it has gone down a bit. You can still give a shot.
Old 15th July 2014, 18:26   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
I have been ordering from them from past 2 years during Ramadan and every time, I have got it fresh and warm. They send it through air courier neatly packed inside a tub and usually it reaches my place by around 9pm. The only thing missing will be the onion garnishing, nuts and the light yellow oil/gravy, which adds to the taste, that you get while buying directly from a counter or from Frazer town stalls. Every year they are increasing the price by INR 100-150. I think the first time, I bought it for around INR 350 / kg tub and this year it is INR 651 /kg. By the way last week I was at MM road and I found the haleem from a nondescript stall tastier than the one from pista house counter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks