Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2014, 20:33   #3256
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
This was at Brigade road. No they did not try to fool me, it was indeed a policy. They can not insult Indian customers like this.
I'm not taking it as insult to Indian customers instead treating it as no-wastage policy. They might have added this policy as lessons learnt from our Indian brothers (who orders a lot beyond their tummy capacity when it is unlimited buffet and keep the tons of left over in plate). I appreciate the pizza hut policy here
Old 13th October 2014, 07:27   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
I'm not taking it as insult to Indian customers instead treating it as no-wastage policy. They might have added this policy as lessons learnt from our Indian brothers (who orders a lot beyond their tummy capacity when it is unlimited buffet and keep the tons of left over in plate). I appreciate the pizza hut policy here
Well, recently in U.S. Red Bull pays $10 to each customer as their advertising claimed Red Bull Gives Wings which obviously it does not. Years back McDonalds settled a lawsuit to a lady whose hot coffee got spilled and injured her. There are many more examples. Try this in U.S. and you may be looking at a lawsuit.

No food wastage policy is good. But in this case, they served 8-10 Garlic bread sticks without us asking it and later informed finish garlic breads or else you won't get pizza. Policy, if any, must be clearly communicated while advertising or while placing the order and choice of food should be left to customers. I would not mind if they told this to us while ordering and asked us if we at all wanted garlic bread for example.
Old 13th October 2014, 22:44   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
Well, recently in U.S. Red Bull pays $10 to each customer as their advertising claimed Red Bull Gives Wings which obviously it does not. Years back McDonalds settled a lawsuit to a lady whose hot coffee got spilled and injured her. There are many more examples. Try this in U.S. and you may be looking at a lawsuit.
USA is a developed nation where food security is available whereas India is still a developing nation where many live still under poverty and millions have only single meal per day. So, comparing Apple with Amla is not an good idea.

Quote:
I would not mind if they told this to us while ordering and asked us if we at all wanted garlic bread for example.
Fully agree with you. Pizza hut should have informed about the policies well in advance.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:17   #3259
BHPian

The pizzas that come out during the Buy one Get one never make me happy. Always leave you with the feeling of incompleteness .
I find the amount of topping to be less on those offer days.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:49   #3260
Senior - BHPian

Opportunity for foodies.

Name:  ForumRunner_20141016_124755.png
Views: 1134
Size:  250.0 KB
Old 16th October 2014, 22:28   #3261
BHPian

Visited China Bowl in Koramangala recently. Nice cosy restaurant decorated with Chinese lamps and wall paintings. Enjoyed Chicken-Garlic-Chili-Noodles, Golden fried Prawn, Veg Fired Rice and lamb-in-soy-garlic gravy. Would visit again definitely.
Old 24th October 2014, 19:22   #3262
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Walked into Purnabrahma in HSR at 2pm this afternoon.

When I entered the lady at the reception was playing with her kid and it took me a couple of minutes to be attended to. She asked me to go in.

Next, I walked in and found a space to sit and seated myself. There were several black clad red turbaned waiters buzzing around plus a man who looked like the owner.

The restaurant was not crowded at all.

There were some people seated and eating from the buffet and there were around 5 waiters buzzing around. Not even one of these made eye contact because they were too intent on looking at those who were helping themselves to the buffet.

It took a full 10 minutes for the owner (presumably), a man wearing regular shirt and trousers to come and even acknowledge that I was there. Upon asking him what was available he pointed to the Buffet and said Buffet.

I asked for A la Carte and he pointed to some three things on the rear of the menu which were the only options available.

I selected one option. He went off.

I waited for around 5 minutes and one waiter came and asked if I had placed my order, to which I nodded yes.

Again I waited for some five to seven minutes, and then one of the other waiters came and asked me if I had placed my order. I again said yes and he then mentioned something that I had NOT ordered. So I corrected him.

By now, I had been sitting quite a long while and been spoken to by 4 persons, the owner's wife at the entrance, the owner, and two waiters.

Yet, until this moment, not one of them had even bothered to do something as basic as serve me with a glass of water or indeed, even ask whether I would like some water!

After a few more minutes, I got up, thanked them, told them that if this was the way they dealt with customers, they could keep their food where it belonged and I walked away.

I wanted to try veggie Maharashtrian cuisine, which is why I wandered into PurnaBrahma.

I will NEVER go there again and would actively urge others too, to avoid this miserable place like the plague!

At this rate, their restaurant will shut down in a matter of months - I think that the owners are not really restaurateurs and have not a clue as to what to do and how to handle service...

Me, Im voting against them with my two feet and my wallet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
- Do you mean people who grew up in Calcutta are insular or is it that the ones who have tasted the Awadhi biryani cannot do with any other variant? If its the former then presumptuous words indeed; not sure where it comes from. If its the latter then it could apply to anyone from any part of the world who is partial to one's cuisine, not sure how it can apply to the people of any specific region.

By the way the Calcutta biryani itself is a cultural/culinary import from languid bylanes of Lucknow, so the allegation of parochialism is quite untenable
Insularity and parochialism know no bounds, nor are they confined to any one region, community, class or creed...

Quote:
We went to pizza hut today....used to be a regular customer there but don't think I would go back again.
Wow, this is a wild one mate!
Which PH was this please?

and when did this happen?
I am keen to find out!

Personally I prefer Dominos any day for their Pizzas.

These Pizza Hut creatures have created something "for India", called the Birreezza.

I have had the misfortune of eating this once. It is like eating congealed gruel with an encrustation of squishy squashy bready stuff doing duty as a sort of pie crust (and failing miserably I may add), warmed up and served.
Complete muck. Inedible to say the least.
They serve it in a foil container with two plastic hybrid SPORKS - (cross between a spoon and a fork) - the container loses its shape very easily like these airline meal containers and these SPORKS bend and sometimes break - they are very unwieldy indeed.

It won't be long, in my opinion, before this rubbishy item is off their menu forever - I am quite sure there will not be any takers for it. Once tried, never forgotten and NOT in a good way!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 26th October 2014 at 01:58.
Old 25th October 2014, 00:58   #3263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Wow, this is a wild one mate!
Which PH was this please?

and when did this happen?
I am keen to find out!

Personally I prefer Dominos any day for their Pizzas.

These Pizza Hut creatures have created something "for India", called the Birreezza.

I have had the misfortune of eating this once. It is like eating congealed gruel with an encrustation of squishy squashy bready stuff doing duty as a sort of pie crust (and failing miserably I may add), warmed up and served.
Complete muck. Inedible to say the least.
They serve it in a foil container with two plastic hybrid SPORKS - (cross between a spoon and a fork) - the container loses its shape very easily like these airline meal containers and these SPORKS bend and sometimes break - they are very unwieldy indeed.

It won't be long, in my opinion, before this rubbishy item is off their menu forever - I am quite sure there will not be any takers for it. Once tried, never forgotten and NOT in a good way!
This was at Brigade road. It happened couple of weeks back when we went there for lunch.

Yes Biriazza is really really bad.
Old 25th October 2014, 09:26   #3264
BHPian

For folks in/around HSR layout and looking for Pizzas, two options that will make you switch over from the regular Pizza Hut/Dominos fare.

Northams Pizza Pita - Founded by an ex-Accenture techie, I can personally vouch for the quality of their Pizzas. The Pita options are limited and can be a hit/miss (i personally love them). Their pizza's are fresh and tasty. Flip side- they have a very small setup, delivery system is not in place completely (once the owner had to deliver himself since the regular guy did not turn up).

https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/nor...sr/menu#tabtop

Euro Kitchen - Connected to Just Bake on 27th Main HSR Layout. Their Pizzas are really cheap. Primarily for folks who love thin crust pizza's. Ordered a couple of times and have not been disappointed. A friend had a slightly poor deal with them, so guess your experience may vary.

https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/the-euro-kitchen-hsr
Old 25th October 2014, 09:38   #3265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
For folks in/around HSR layout and looking for Pizzas, two options that will make you switch over from the regular Pizza Hut/Dominos fare.
You also have Bistro Napoli https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/napoli-bistro-hsr.

Alternatively for home style simple Pizza's just crossover to Kormangala and go to Pizza Stop on 60 feet road: https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/pizza-stop-koramangala
Old 25th October 2014, 15:34   #3266
BHPian

Folks in Whitefield - if you are fond of Dosa, do try the street dosa at Kadugodi (outside A1 Fresh Mall). Loved it.

They have 99 varities of dosa at about 50 bucks each. Seems very hygenic and fast moving.
Old 25th October 2014, 17:08   #3267
BHPian

Have gone to many; low end to high premium. Listing below the ones that I liked in totality (food, service, ambience, price) ; not in any order (Excluding the 5 star hotels from this list)

1. Punjabi by nature (The non veg platter) & LOVED the layout
2. Jalpaan (you must try the vilayati sabz biriyani)
3. Grill house
4. Chancery Pavillion (Awesome breakfast)
5. Lajawab (Rabdi is awesome)
6. Bombay Post
7. Rice Bowl
8. Punjab Grill
9. Kumarakom
10. Season's Arabian
11. 100 feet
12. BBQ nation (I don't bother about main course; starters alone)
Old 25th October 2014, 19:11   #3268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Folks in Whitefield - if you are fond of Dosa, do try the street dosa at Kadugodi (outside A1 Fresh Mall). Loved it.

They have 99 varities of dosa at about 50 bucks each. Seems very hygenic and fast moving.
Can you pl provide exact location of this eatery in Whitefield? I know Forum value mall, Hope farm, A2B, Kadugodi railway stn land marks in whitefield.

BTW, I live near Thubarahalli.
Old 26th October 2014, 09:34   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Can you pl provide exact location of this eatery in Whitefield? I know Forum value mall, Hope farm, A2B, Kadugodi railway stn land marks in whitefield.

BTW, I live near Thubarahalli.
All right, cross hopefarm, cross Sai Baba Ashram flyover, drive straight for 3 KMs untill you see Alpine apartments on your left and Nitesh apartment on your right. At the Casio Super Market you need to take a U-Turn and a 100 metres down on your left is A1 super market .

There are a few eateries in this compound including this place (Balaji 99 varities dosa), Goli, Pula Reddy Sweets and Chef Bakers etc.
Old 4th November 2014, 23:48   #3270
BHPian

Today went to Indijoe on old madras road inside RMZ infinity for lunch. First time I came across a separate buffet price for kids. Generally buffet is priced only for adults and for kids above 7 years. but at indijoe, kids buffet is at INR 265 and adults buffet was at INR 460.
Buffet spread was decent ; nothing major to boast about.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks