Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 02:41   #3466
BHPian

Re: Paradise Biryani- New Bel Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Which outlet of paradise in B'lore?
This was the newly opened one on New Bel road.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:37   #3467
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Anyone recently been to Kabab Studio at Goldfinch Hotel on Crescent Road (Kumara Park)?
It has been renovated recently, and Zomato seems to have rave reviews of the food & the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Visited to the newly opened Paradise Biryani at New BEL Road. I am Biryani Fanatic and very fussy about it.

The Biryani is nothing much to write home about, it's the same fare that is served in most of the joints in Bangalore.
Can you please guide me regarding the location? I stay close to New BEL Road, but missed this.

Paradise had quite a few bad reviews when it had newly opened in Bangalore (Indiranagar & Koramangala?); from what I have been hearing, they seem to have made amends atleast at these outlets.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:00   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
Paradise had quite a few bad reviews when it had newly opened in Bangalore (Indiranagar & Koramangala?); from what I have been hearing, they seem to have made amends atleast at these outlets.
Paradise has opened up in JP Nagar. Been about close to 6 months now.
When I had gone, it was just a month old. Huge spacious place with 2 floors, good AC, huge windows, bright interiors, good seating arrangements, good cutlery, and not to forget, awesome Biryani !

They offered complimentary soft drinks to me and wife, and gulaab jamun to my kid. Was a very pleasant experience.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:06   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Paradise has opened up in JP Nagar. Been about close to 6 months now.
When I had gone, it was just a month old. Huge spacious place with 2 floors, good AC, huge windows, bright interiors, good seating arrangements, good cutlery, and not to forget, awesome Biryani !

They offered complimentary soft drinks to me and wife, and gulaab jamun to my kid. Was a very pleasant experience.
They announced the opening to be in mid-Feb. But they actually opened end of Feb.
They are located at a vantage point in JP Nagar.

Last edited by JMaruru : 26th April 2016 at 12:07.
Old 26th April 2016, 13:42   #3470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
They announced the opening to be in mid-Feb. But they actually opened end of Feb.
They are located at a vantage point in JP Nagar.
Ah, Feb. I don't recall when I went. May be correct, not 6 months old.
I guess it was mid feb only, for our anniversary lunch or something.

Location is good, valet parking is available. Just a couple of kms from my home makes it at a vantage point
Old 26th April 2016, 20:26   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post

Can you please guide me regarding the location? I stay close to New BEL Road, but missed this.
If you enter New Bel road from the Outer Ring road side, there is bridge you pass, as you proceed further on your right is fresh world and a little further on your left is Paradise, it is difficult to miss.
Old 27th April 2016, 09:48   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
If you enter New Bel road from the Outer Ring road side, there is bridge you pass, as you proceed further on your right is fresh world and a little further on your left is Paradise, it is difficult to miss.
Got it! Sounds like its in the vicinity of Reliance Footprints. I rarely go that side.

I assumed it was on the happening side of New BEL Road - towards MS Ramaiah College.
Old 24th May 2016, 14:25   #3473
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to Janata Hotel, Malleswaram recently (after several years) and unfortunately the place is now nowhere near the standards it had set for years. We had the Masala Dosa which even had won them awards not too long ago but it was pathetic to say the least. Only saving grace was a decent coffee. When we entered the place around 8am, all tables were empty without any customers, had never seen it so deserted!

We quickly escaped from the place and visited Veena stores for some great Idly, Vada, Shavige Baath and Puliyogare

Last edited by NPV : 24th May 2016 at 14:27.
Old 24th May 2016, 16:47   #3474
Senior - BHPian

Paradise have opened an new outlet in EC. Its in front of HP/Velankani office. Have not been there yet but looking at the crowds that is present whenever I have been that side it might be doing good business because of either good food or the brand name.

A2B has also opened its new franchise in EC and its on Neeladri road. Again have not been there yet but planning for going tomorrow. Will provide an update on this restaurant after that.

One place I definitely recommend is Taaza thindi. Located in Jayanagar 4th t block close to SSMRV college, this place serves good south indian Veg dishes. Its a darshini where you have to stand & eat but that does not deter people coming in. Very hygienic and good quality food plus reasonable rates. People traveling on that side of Bangalore can try there once. Will not regret.
Old 24th May 2016, 16:58   #3475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
One place I definitely recommend is Taaza thindi. Located in Jayanagar 4th t block close to SSMRV college, this place serves good south indian Veg dishes. Its a darshini where you have to stand & eat but that does not deter people coming in. Very hygienic and good quality food plus reasonable rates. People traveling on that side of Bangalore can try there once. Will not regret.
I am one of the unlucky few who regretted going to this place. Not for the food which was fantastic but thanks to the mad crowd, my Moto X got pickpocketed when making my way out of the darshini with plate in hand and phone in pocket.

The food is indeed great but do be very very careful of your belongings. This place is a heaven for pickpocketers. There's boards put up as well.
Old 24th May 2016, 17:17   #3476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
my Moto X got pickpocketed when making my way out of the darshini with plate in hand and phone in pocket.
Ohh that's very unfortunate, Vid! Yeah the crowd is always more and had seen the signs also but was not aware that it had actually happened.
Old 24th May 2016, 23:17   #3477
BHPian

Found a small Dharshini type non-Veg hotel "Balaji Kabab Corner" on Treveni road, Yeshwantpur. The place was recommended by a colleague and I have been going there regularly for some time now.

The place is a absolutely no-frills type hotel, self service, eat standing on tables put on the footpath.

Menu - The food is typical "Gowdru or naati Style", I have not tasted much of their fare, but really liked Raagi Mudde and Chicken Masala". I did try mutton too, it was good, it's just that I am not a big mutton fan. They also have Donne Biryani, it was average.

I also hit the place on Saturday morning for "Kaal Soup" and Dosa along with Chicken masala. really liked this combination.

Would definitely recommended this place as long as you are not too fussy about the place.
Old 5th June 2016, 08:04   #3478
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently tried Saffron Vegetrian Cuisine at Banaswadi next to Food World.
They have a good assortment of all-veggie North Indian, Chinese, Continental (Italian/Mexican) dishes on the menu and decently priced. Service and staff are excellent, liked the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The food is indeed great but do be very very careful of your belongings. This place is a heaven for pickpocketers. There's boards put up as well.
Yes, the place sees crazy footfalls and best time to be there is before 8am when it's not so crowded. Sorry to hear about the loss of the phone
Old 8th June 2016, 11:34   #3479
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like this year mosque road stalls will be regulated.

As per reports only 16 stalls compared to 150 last month. As long as the remaining stalls doesn't hike the prices or dish out low quality food it would be fine I guess.

Link
Old 8th June 2016, 13:27   #3480
Distinguished - BHPian

Few places I have visited recently.
  • Malabar Bay- Lane next to Christ College. Love this place. Typical Kerala Style menu, but most things I have tried have a sort of a home cooked feel to it. Some unique dishes like ghee rice and chicken wrapped and steamed in a leaf (Pothichor), Kappa dishes (Tapioca), several chicken and fish dishes typically not seen in Kerala hotels. The veg meals is also excellent. Price and ambiance are reasonable. Small parking that can fit ~10 cars.

• Kuttanad: Again a Kerala place- HSR Layout- Next to Greenview Hotel. More like the typical Kerala Restaurant. The weekend meals (called Sadya served on Banana leaves is good).

• Frozen Bites: Icecream Place in HSR Layout. Icecream made on the spot with milk fruits and other ingredients. Frozen using Nitrogen as a freezing agent. Interesting to watch it get done and folks who like the fresh fruits kind of Ice Cream (Like Naturals) will like it. Some unique flavors too.

• Thalassery Belandur. The Thalassery chain has become quite popular in Bangalore. Latest outlet opened at Belandur. Very crowded, staff response is not too great. I went a couple of times. Found everything average. A little over-hyped place in my opinion. Absolutely no parking and they very coolly give parcels in plastic bags-In Spite of the plastic ban.

• Portland Steak House: MG Road: Was recommended for very good steaks. Took visiting family there and they loved it. Not much of a steak person myself, so no direct feedback.

• Chakam Chukum: Kolkota Rolls place- Near Indiranagar 100ft Road/12th Main. Excellent Rolls. Small place with no seating apart from a few small chairs. Good thing is that they now have home delivery in the area.

Most Viewed