Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:43   #3556
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, need your help in selecting a place which will deliver food to home. I am hosting a small get together of my close friends at my home and would need to order food. Group is a mix of veg/non-veg. Since I am a veggie not very sure of which would be a good restaurant to order non-veg food from. Primarily looking for a Thai restaurant. I stay in south bangalore close to Lalbagh. Any suggestions for the restaurant closer to my place(delivery to home should be a must) and menu would be welcome.
There was a food delivery service in Whitefield named Kristy's kitchen. Excellent thai food.

From this week they have been acquired by eat.fit and stopped the home delivery service now changing to subscription based.

Can you try calling them and see if they can cater for 15-20 people. Their Thai curries were the best I have had even compared to 5 star restaurants.

http://www.kristys.kitchen/
Old 4th March 2017, 13:05   #3557
Senior - BHPian

Let us say that you have to taste a fresh fish to know one. If you go yourself to the fish market and buy one you will see the difference in the fish for yourself. Then go buy some fish cuts from a supermarket and taste them. You will immediately know the difference.

You can get many more fish than just Rohu in Bangalore. Experiment . Not that you get 100% fresh fish in Bangalore as it has to be trucked in from say Chennai anyway.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:40   #3558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There was a food delivery service in Whitefield named Kristy's kitchen. Excellent thai food.
Thanks Vid6639 for the suggestion. I didnt check Kristy's kitchen as the restaurant is quite far from my place. So I ended up cooking myself for the team.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:52   #3559
Distinguished - BHPian

Pizza Republic - right up there with the best of the best when it comes to good quality pizza. They were primarily based out of chennai but now have an outlet opening in EC. Would surely recommend.

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img20170306wa0002.jpg

Note: They follow the OPOS method of cooking and I have experimented with the same at home and the food does taste very good. More here http://www.thehindu.com/features/met...le14639419.ece
Old 11th April 2017, 19:35   #3560
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendation for a place in the Indiranagar area for authentic Mangalorean/coastal cuisine?
Old 13th April 2017, 13:20   #3561
BHPian

Re: Dhaba around Kanankapura Road!

Any dhabas in and around Kanakapura Road?

I stay at JP Nagar, and just want to chill out with family in the weekends little away from the town.
Old 13th April 2017, 14:44   #3562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

I stay at JP Nagar, and just want to chill out with family in the weekends little away from the town.
There was a dhaba which was called Queen's court. We used to be regular during our college days and it was quite good. Last I went was around 2-3 years back as a nostalgia trip and the food was still good.

But for family I would suggest Guru greens, bannerghatta road. It is near the nice road entrance to mysore. Place is good and has a play area for kids as well.
Old 13th April 2017, 16:46   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Any recommendation for a place in the Indiranagar area for authentic Mangalorean/coastal cuisine?
There is Windsor Pub on 12th Main which we've been waiting to try for some time owing to it's Coastal proclamations. Have only heard that it is good, not tried myself. So try it at your own appetite for risk !

There is Kaayal on JeevanBima Nagar Main Road where wifey & I liked the Kerala fish curry from a couple of years ago.

If you're willing to travel 4-5 kms from Indiranagar, Coast2Coast on MG Road is worth trying for authentic Mangalorean food. Hint: Take the metro from CMH..
Old 13th April 2017, 17:07   #3564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

You could also try Holiday Village. Though not a dhaba, its a resort of sorts, with a swimming pool to take a dip. Food and drinks are decent. Lunch time would be ideal.
Old 13th April 2017, 17:24   #3565
Senior - BHPian

Windsor Pub was legendary during its old avatar in Vasant Nagar next to Kodava Samaj (that one way left road at the junction of Millers Road and the road to Cantonment)

They ran into some licensing problems so that had to close down there and moved to 12th main. However they were closed for a month or two during which most of their old staff quit, I believe - so that the current chef etc are new hires. I haven't tried them since then. Please let me know how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
There is Windsor Pub on 12th Main which we've been waiting to try for some time owing to it's Coastal proclamations. Have only heard that it is good, not tried myself. So try it at your own appetite for risk !

There is Kaayal on JeevanBima Nagar Main Road where wifey & I liked the Kerala fish curry from a couple of years ago.

If you're willing to travel 4-5 kms from Indiranagar, Coast2Coast on MG Road is worth trying for authentic Mangalorean food. Hint: Take the metro from CMH..
Old 13th April 2017, 18:51   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Windsor Pub was legendary during its old avatar in Vasant Nagar next to Kodava Samaj (that one way left road at the junction of Millers Road and the road to Cantonment)
Interesting to know the legacy behind it. Wish I'd tried the older one though I'm an old Bangalorean.

Btw, there is another small Kerala restaurant called (no prizes for guessing the name) "Kerala Pavilion" on 1st Main, Domlur Layout. Technically not Indiranagar, but practically it is about a kilometer from the beginning / end of 100ft Road. Has surprisingly good Fish curry (tried mackerel only) + Boiled Rice. Fish fry can be dicey. Very small & local kind of place. But acceptably clean.
Old 14th April 2017, 00:13   #3567
BHPian

I had been to Windsor pub prior to it closing and I absolutely loved the place, the ambience was very old school and the music Classic Rock. I had ordered only veg and enjoyed it.
Old 14th April 2017, 00:39   #3568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I had been to Windsor pub prior to it closing and I absolutely loved the place, the ambience was very old school and the music Classic Rock. I had ordered only veg and enjoyed it.
One of the rare places that served affordable AND tasty non vegetarian as well as vegetarian food. Any place serving such delicious meat and poultry dishes (all coastal) would probably add one paneer butter masala and one green peas masala as an afterthought for the token veg person. Not this place!

Can whichever kind soul wanted to visit this place on 12th main please visit it and then let me know if the new chef is just as good? I'll be in Bangalore in the next two or three weeks I guess, so might as well go there once if I can.
Old 14th April 2017, 08:42   #3569
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I haven't visited this place, but a friend from Mumbai was raving about Mangalore Pearl near Wheeler road (Sherlock is a close by landmark). My friend does not miss out on a visit to this place when he comes down to Bangalore.
*4-5 km from Indira Nagar.

One more I've heard of but never visited is Ente Keralam on Ulsoor road.

Last edited by NPV : 14th April 2017 at 08:45.
Old 14th April 2017, 12:16   #3570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
Interesting to know the legacy behind it. Wish I'd tried the older one though I'm an old Bangalorean.

Rooster's - Soul Kitchen, Indiranagar http://zoma.to/r/18472404
At the location of the old Cafe Thulp, above the Dell on 80feet road, 12th Main Tee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Food is the same, rich thick gravy, succulent mutton and I fresh Appams or kappa. music is the same retro ballads. Hadn't heard Roger Whitaker in a while. A more spacious place, with a courtyard (Nallu ketu style) and the only negative when we visited last month, were teething issues with their billing system. I heard the lack of a liquor license has since been remedied.

Achayyan's, Indiranagar http://zoma.to/r/52215 (previous 6th Main, opp the church, now near BSNL) used to come highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

Can whichever kind soul wanted to visit this place on 12th main please visit it and then let me know if the new chef is just as good? I'll be in Bangalore in the next two or three weeks I guess, so might as well go there once if I can.
Old man is still around and promised me their cook and staff migrated with them. The old favs, taste the same, so I have no way to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

One more I've heard of but never visited is Ente Keralam on Ulsoor road.
Ente Keralam is on Dickenson Road and comes highly recommended. I would also try the old grandee - Taj Gateway, who given their image as a TEF (to entertain foreigners) joint, have lost out to the newer upstarts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks