Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-241.html)

Need to take out my Son for his birthday. He likes Pizza/Italian/Mexican kind of food. Any good place around Indiranagar/Kormangala or any South Bengaluru place?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 4255495)
Need to take out my Son for his birthday. He likes Pizza/Italian/Mexican kind of food. Any good place around Indiranagar/Kormangala or any South Bengaluru place?

Pizza is sort of Italian, unless it is desi. Italian OK. Mexican is rather different - spicy and meat rich, with beans / legumes, very similar to Indian food.

Anyway Little Italy claims to offer both Italian and Mexican dishes. Not that they are anywhere near authentic but fairly tasty for all of that.

Quote:

You can consider this in Jayanagar https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/cafe-toscano-jayanagar , i dont know your sons age as the ambiance is quite sober unlike say chuck e cheese types, but the pizza ( veg) here is pretty good.

Quote:

I would recommend Onesta. It has a variety of pizzas/pastas and is quite good. They have unlimited pizza, pasta combos. It is present in koramangala (near ooty chocolates after sony world signal coming from Indiranagar).

Thanks @hserus, @TorqueyTechie, @mazda4life. Will try one of these based on time to travel !

Quote:

He likes Pizza/Italian/Mexican kind of food. Any good place around Indiranagar/Kormangala or any South Bengaluru place?

As @hserus has mentioned, Little Italy is good (and veg.). You can also try Chili's which is nearby to Little Italy, for a variety of stuff includingTex-Mex. Both these are on 100 feet road in Indiranagar.
I've also heard Ragoo's in Jayanagar is good, but haven't tried myself (Not to be confused with Ragoos kitchen which is some other place altogether).

Quote:

Try Onesta in Koramangala/ JP Nagar. Its one of the newer pizza places in town and serves good pizza including wood fire ones. I also believe that they have a nice offer for Rs. 300-400 off which includes unlimited pizza and desserts, as well as a drink. I haven't availed this particular offer there, but some friends have and their experience was good.

Like someone else mentioned, Toscano is also a good place, but more of fine dining. Good place for Mediterranean food including pizza.

Guys, any personal experience of dining in The London curry house or Samaroh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4274412)

I had a very good experience in London Curry House, Sheshadripuram and had liked the taste generally and some deserts particularly, not able to remember name. But when my friend went very recently for his office lunch, he said he didn't find it interesting.

KK

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4274412)

You may need to prepare yourself for quite bit of waiting to get in on a weekend. That said, the food is very good and the menu is quite interesting. Have been there 4-5 times and have never been disappointed.

Another upvote for Cafe Toscano, Jayanagar.:thumbs up

Lovely food, relaxed ambiance, not necessarily 100% authentic Italian (very few are, TBH) but the thin-crust pizzas and lasagna are great. They stopped serving banoffee pie for dessert which bothers me more than it should:D, but it's still a nice place.

Went to Little Italy a couple times, let me just stop at saying I'd rather go to Jayanagar instead of halfway across town to Indiranagar for an experience not much better, if not worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan's_valet (Post 4274495)
You may need to prepare yourself for quite bit of waiting to get in on a weekend. That said, the food is very good and the menu is quite interesting. Have been there 4-5 times and have never been disappointed.

Which one - The London curry house or Samaroh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 4274569)
Which one - The London curry house or Samaroh?

The London Curry House

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata (Post 4274456)
I had a very good experience in London Curry House, Sheshadripuram and had liked the taste generally and some deserts particularly, not able to remember name. But when my friend went very recently for his office lunch, he said he didn't find it interesting.

KK

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan's_valet (Post 4274495)

Thanks guys!! I had been to the london curry house today evening for my birthday celebration! Anticipating the rush , I had reserved the place ahead and glad I did it. The place was packed by 8 pm.

Coming to the food, it was good. Some funny names to regular food but it was good to eat. But the service gets slightly lagging once the place becomes full.

Tried some newer places recently, hope this brings some cheer to the veggies :)

1. Shiv Sagar, MG Road - this is a fine dining place that has come up where the erstwhile Ullas Refereshments was located on the Mezzanine floor of Public Utility Building. They've completely renovated the place (including addition of rest rooms!) and ambience was very good. They also have an open air seating on the balcony overlooking MG Road that offers beautiful views. The basement parking is badly maintained, leaky, etc. There was some work in progress as well when we visited. One can take the metro too to visit the place.

2. The London Curry House - had heard a lot about the place so went there on a weekend and had to wait about 40 minutes to get the table, better to make a reservation here. Crescent road is quite narrow with a lot of hotels and hospitals so finding parking may be a tad difficult, but if you're ready to park about 200-300m away, you should be able to find something on the surrounding roads. Menu is different and good - a mix of street food, North Indian, Chinese, Continental. Serving sizes are larger and most dishes are served with innovative presentations & different types of dish ware like wooden cart for French fries, a conical stand for chaat, biriyani in a cooker, etc!. Found the dips/chutneys/sauces to be good too.
We were surprised to see couple of familiar faces at the restaurant and then realized that the place is owned by the same folks who run Shiv Sagar :)
*do not know them personally, just recognized and smiled, after all we've been visiting the commercial street outlet for more than 2 decades now

3. Asha sweets and the fine dining restaurant "Uthra" on CMH road - has opened up recently, sweets and savories on ground floor, sweets & dry fruits gift items on first floor and fine dining restaurant on second floor. Menu is again modern Indian with fast food and north indian food, felt there was some similarity/inspiration drawn from London curry. Food was nice, definitely worth a visit if you're nearby.