Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-242.html)

Thought of providing updates on few places that I had went recently!

1. Shiro, UB city : We had been for lunch there and it was a good quaint place. Service, quality of food and the decor were all very good. The chef also made some noodles (off the menu) for my niece as she didn't want anything out of the menu. Veg sushi was the only thing which I didn't like.

VFM : 3/5
All other factors : 4/5

2. 612 East, Indiranagar : I was in charge of reserving a good place for having a get together of friends over the weekend. Since the area was fixed, my first choice was Toit but there was no reservations. I then got to read about this place and thought of trying it. Nobody had went there earlier so was not sure how it would be. In the end we were all happy. This has a indoor and outdoor (terrace open air) seating. We were given a table on the terrace.

The ambiance was ok, music was not loud (this is because of the recent ruling by court for all rooftop/terrace restaurants) which we liked. Food is priced decently. The only complaint that we had was with respect to lighting (they have small table lamps which doesn't provide sufficient illumination) and only one mocktail.

I would rate them an overrall 3.5/5

3. NH8, Indiranagar : Typical Rajasthani(or Gujurati) restaurant boasting a similar menu as Rajdhani. I was slightly confused with the menu being a mix of Gujurati and Rajasthani delicacies. We had to ask for a separate plate of poori for my niece which they said will provide but it took almost 20 minutes to come even though it was not very much crowded.

Would rate them an overall 3/5

4. CTR, Malleshwaram : What else to say but to simply go and relish their dosas. This place retains an old, rustic charm (though it has been renovated recently) and serves better dosas than Vidhyarthi bhavan, MTR. Would definitely recommend to go early as it gets very crowded soon.

5. Airlines hotel, Lavelle road : Another one of the old restaurants in Bangalore. This is an open air restaurant where in you can sit in the car and order, eat as well. Though it was good earlier, it has lost its quality in the recent year I feel. We had the butter masala dosa when we went and it was decent enough. But the place is pricey and is not a VFM I feel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4343414)
Airlines hotel, Lavelle road.

Have been going to this place literally since I was a kid. My family used to drive-in there on Sundays, then I used to go when I was in school since it was nearby. Until recently, I also used to work in the area, so used to drop in occasionally. It's gotten worse through the years- food, service, and it's overpriced. It's also gotten a lot smaller, as they lost quite a bit of space to the car showroom (bmw? I think) next door.

But yeah, it's still a nice lung space in the heart of that crowded area. You can sit under the trees and relax. As long as you don't mind too many college kids on Dukes and rich kids in modded cars hanging around! :) The Corner House ice-cream place on the premises is also nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by am1m (Post 4343570)
It's gotten worse through the years- food, service, and it's overpriced. It's also gotten a lot smaller, as they lost quite a bit of space to the car showroom (bmw? I think) next door.

But yeah, it's still a nice lung space in the heart of that crowded area. You can sit under the trees and relax. As long as you don't mind too many college kids on Dukes and rich kids in modded cars hanging around! :)

Yep you said it! Most of the old food joints of Bangalore have lost their usp and is running primarily on the brand. But still this is one of the place where in you can enjoy the food in a truly open air setting. :)

Hi folks,

Can you suggest a lunch place in or around Indiranagar that can accommodate about 50 people? Other criteria are flexible. I tried searching this thread, but did not find relevant answers. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prasad

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnredkar (Post 4401711)
Hi folks,

Can you suggest a lunch place in or around Indiranagar that can accommodate about 50 people? Other criteria are flexible. I tried searching this thread, but did not find relevant answers. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prasad

I guess for such a large crowd, much prior booking would be required. Of the top of my mind, couple of suggestions would be Dhabha 1986 & Delhi Highway (veg only). These two i've found are quite good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnredkar (Post 4401711)

You can also try Mughals on inner ring road near the Hyundai service center and opposite Maruti infotech center building.

Thanks Karthik and NPV for your suggestions. We are planning it for next week, so we have some time to decide. I will check your recommended places and update you next week about where did we actually go.

- Prasad

As TGIF in Lido mall has closed down, would anyone know of restaurants serving similar cuisine in and around CBD, Indiranagar, Whitefield area? They have an outlet at Meenakshi mall which is too far away from the areas I frequent. CPK at Phoenix Mall comes close in terms of cuisine - looking for other similar restaurants also. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMG Power (Post 4402205)
As TGIF in Lido mall has closed down, would anyone know of restaurants serving similar cuisine in and around CBD, Indiranagar, Whitefield area? They have an outlet at Meenakshi mall which is too far away from the areas I frequent. CPK at Phoenix Mall comes close in terms of cuisine - looking for other similar restaurants also. Thanks.

Chillies in Indiranagar and Phoenix Marketcity would have similar cuisine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnredkar (Post 4402213)
Chillies in Indiranagar and Phoenix Marketcity would have similar cuisine.

Thanks. Yes they do, but somehow have not liked the food there too much. Felt it lacking in quality - just my perception. :)

What are the best places for the Ramzan food fest this year ? Heard that stalls are banned in Frazer town this year and Bilal Masjid on Bannerghatta road has stalls .

Any recommendations ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 4404435)
What are the best places for the Ramzan food fest this year ? Heard that stalls are banned in Frazer town this year and Bilal Masjid on Bannerghatta road has stalls .

Any recommendations ?

Bilal Masjid food stalls are the new Frazer Town to some extent.
I had been going there for 3 years and it never disappointed me.
Frazer town is too crowded to enjoy food !

October 1st Dinner was at Sattvam JP nagar. Honestly, exceeded my expectations with the menu, presentation and ambience...everything.

If you are a fan of Jain cuisine, this is dream come true. From soup and starters till desserts and pan cream, everything including the live counters of Pizza, Pasta, Mac & Cheese and Cold stone ice cream...delicious and a huge spread of dishes. Onion-free and Garlic-free yet tasty. My appetite couldn't do justice I must confess. Has only Buffet and no a-la-carte. Being an ISKCON restaurant, the Hare rama, Hare Krishna instrumental in the background was soothing.

The presentation also was nice with miniature pressure cookers, miniature buckets, miniature cycle carts used as cutlery.

Sai Vishram in Bommasandra was on top of the list till yesterday when it came to Vegetarian restaurant with the biggest spread. But now this takes the top spot in my list.

Some pictures I clicked...A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-20181001_212404.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-20181001_203106.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-20181001_214609.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-20181001_193820.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4471987)
Sattvam JP nagar. Honestly, exceeded my expectations with the menu, presentation and ambience...everything.
Sai Vishram in Bommasandra

Absolutely second that view. In my two visits to Sai Vishram, I felt it gets too crowded and messy a place. But the food was good.

The Sattvam - I've gone just once to their Sadashivnagar branch. Great variety for sure. Good flavors in their food too. But I would recommend skipping on few of their South Indian offerings (like lemon rice and tomato rice etc). I felt I made better South Indian dishes than they did...lemon rice in particular!

I've always scouted about for good Chole-Bhature in Bangalore, and so far have only liked the ones from Kittu's in Electronic City.

If you are older than 13 years, taller than 4.5ft and lighter than 150kgs, you could literally be hanging out with your friends having a glass of mocktail or an elaborate dinner in the skies of Bengaluru.

In what the company calls a first of its kind restaurant in India, Fly Dining has started operations in an area adjacent to Manyata Tech Park, overlooking the Nagavara Lake. The half an hour mocktail session and the one hour dinner cost ₹3,999/- and ₹6,999/- per person respectively.

Link
https://youtu.be/er_Zof7jPu4
Disclaimer: No affiliations whatsoever. Just sharing an interesting eating out option.