Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-243.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyata (Post 4472020)
I've always scouted about for good Chole-Bhature in Bangalore, and so far have only liked the ones from Kittu's in Electronic City.

You can try it at Bhartiya Jalpan Indira Nagar, found it to be good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4480479)

Great. Thanks for sharing the information. I'm out-station for another month, but saving the info to make sure I don't miss it on my return!

<OT: Will possibly have to suggest Team-BHP on their suggestions thread to may be consider adding an archive option>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyata (Post 4472020)

I've always scouted about for good Chole-Bhature in Bangalore, and so far have only liked the ones from Kittu's in Electronic City.

Sri Venkateshwara Sweet Meat Stall.

We're long-time regulars at the Jayanagar outlet and never disappointed so far. The better half, born and bred in Delhi refuses to eat chats (and esp. Chhole Bhature) most places in Bangalore but not a peep here, so I take that to mean they're at least close to authentic. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4480479)

Being a North Indian, this is the closest I got to experiencing chole Bhature in Namma BANGALORE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4480800)

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. More (options), the merrier!

Used to be more frequent to the Jayanagar side of Bangalore when I was living on the Bannerghatta Road. There is this Maiyas where I would swing by frequently for stocking up home-snacks and on-flight snacks.

Having now moved to north Bangalore, my visits towards those regions have reduced considerably.

Still, I see three locations being shown by Zomato for Sri Venkateshwara Sweet Meat Stall...Hope their recipes and flavors are uniform. Will be visiting soon.

Burma Burma is a newish restaurant in Indiranagar and it's a vegetarian restaurant and Tea House :)
Prices are a bit on the higher side, but definitely worth a try.

The Samosa soup, Khau Suey (soupy noodles), Rice dumplings were nice and so were the Mojito and Seabuckthorn Mary.

It's possibly been mentioned earlier, the Druid Garden at Sahakar Nagar is among the decent restaurants I've gone to recently.

It's better for non-veg folks. They used to have lunch buffet earlier but it's only a la carte these days.

Ambiance is good. One thing I don't get with these restaurants is loud vocal music. I prefer soft instrumental that doesn't require me to scream my lungs out to have a conversation over lunch!

Still a good place if anyone wants it give it a shot if they are in the neighborhood. However, I wouldn't travel 15 kms just for this place though.

This isn’t a conventional eating joint recommendation, but a pointer for experiencing a slice of old time Bengaluru.

On the last Monday of Karthika Masa (26/11/2018), the streets of Basavanagudi will turn into a mini fair. Of particular interest to foodies are the varieties of groundnuts brought in from far and wide, available for sale as part of Kadalekai Parishe. One can go nuts choosing the nuts here! A walk down the road and a little hop will take you to the busy Food Street in VV Puram; but you will first have to taste the dosas at Vidyarthi Bhavan, a 75 year veteran of food business.

On the other side of the town, in Malleshwaram too, a Groundnut Fair is being held from 23/11/2018.

Roasted, boiled, salted, sweetened, fried, raw, dried - you name it, the two fairs will have it. Do give them a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4499685)
On the other side of the town, in Malleshwaram too, a Groundnut Fair is being held from 23/11/2018.

Roasted, boiled, salted, sweetened, fried, raw, dried - you name it, the two fairs will have it. Do give them a try.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Any idea where in Malleshwaram? I am hoping for an early finish to a deadline by tonight so I am relatively free tomorrow. Should be able to go explore this event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyata (Post 4499699)
Any idea where in Malleshwaram?

Be warned that the Malleshwaram event is a recent addition and may not provide the same intense experience as the one in Basavanagudi. Nevertheless, the fair is near the Kadu Malleshwara Temple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4499713)
Be warned that the Malleshwaram event is a recent addition and may not provide the same intense experience as the one in Basavanagudi.

Made a visit to the place on the way back from work.

Rain played spoilsport - most vendors had their produce covered up in tarps to protect against rains. Didn't go inside the temple premises, stayed by the road where they blocked a section for the vendors to set shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 4499685)
On the last Monday of Karthika Masa (26/11/2018)...Kadalekai Parishe

A mea culpa moment sorry:.

The last Monday of Karthika Masa is tomorrow and not as stated above. Ergo, the Kadalekai Parishe in Basavanagudi is also tomorrow. However, in line with modern trends, an early access fair is being set up by this afternoon.

Could anyone quote good Non-Veg restaurant/Food joints in and around Hebbal.

If Saaga, KUDLA or Moti Mahal doesn't do the trick for you, just head to New BEL Road. You'll be literally spoilt for choices there. There are just too many to count.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 4522190)
Could anyone quote good Non-Veg restaurant/Food joints in and around Hebbal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4480800)
The better half, born and bred in Delhi refuses to eat chats (and esp. Chhole Bhature) most places in Bangalore but not a peep here, so I take that to mean they're at least close to authentic. lol:

If you'll like Bengali Sweets (:D) do not miss a visit to Banchharam (I think they have 3-4 outlets in Bangalore, I've been to the one on Cambridge Road near Shirdi Sai Baba Temple & next door to Sai Skanda Dosa Camp another popular eatery).
Do not miss their "Baked Rasogolla" :)