Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-250.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie (Post 4740389)
It is in JP Nagar 7th phase on the kothnur road. Clean and neat place.

Gmaps location here.

Oh! This is near 'Kai Ruchi' the place I used to frequent, bang opp. big bazaar. Must be a recent addition. Nice discovery. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 4740408)
Oh! This is near 'Kai Ruchi' the place I used to frequent, bang opp. big bazaar. Must be a recent addition. Nice discovery. :thumbs up

As I said, I have mostly ordered for home delivery through Swiggy. But looks like its near Big Bazaar, like you mentioned. I live pretty close by so it is delivered hot and fresh by Swiggy. :thumbs up

I'm in love with "Asha Tiffin" in HSR. Hygenic, inexpensive and delicious stuff at throwaway prices! clap:

Perfect for a quick breakfast after a workout at Cult or other centers. It is invariably crowded but that is due to a really high demand. And the filter coffee, wow!
PS: Really limited seating

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalOne (Post 4739211)
Rajvardhan foods is a long time favourite. Only crib being they are always understaffed, and service is slow.

Any suggestions for a Misal Pav place around MG Road or Indiranagar area. Vada pav places are quite a lot in Bangalore. But yet to find a good Misal Pav place. I miss it from Pune days :(

Any recommendation on Mexican food, looking for one with preferably with large Veg options.

Chinita, Indiranagar double road.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned before but if you're looking for authentic North Indian food, try Kesar in HRBR Layout
Really loved their chaat and North Indian Subjis. It is one of those few places where the food doesn't feel like it is filled with preservatives or taste enhancers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorpsycho (Post 4744055)
Any recommendation on Mexican food, looking for one with preferably with large Veg options.

Chinita Koramangla or Indiranagar.

Also Sanchez, Indiranagar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manualManuel (Post 4743747)
Any suggestions for a Misal Pav place around MG Road or Indiranagar area. But yet to find a good Misal Pav place. :(

Yes my friend recommends Suryavanshi at Indiranagar double road opposite to ESI Hospital.

Tried TKS Iyengars, Basaveshwaranagar today. Was there by 7:30am and though they open at 7, only pongal and coffee was available so tried that. Later, we tried the idly, vada and balayele idly. Idly was decent, vada a tad over fried, but pongal and baleyele idly were nice. Most other items weren't available till 8:30, by which time we had to leave. I'm not sure if this is a one off experience being a Sunday, but they did seem to be a bit unsettled in the morning with confusion as to what was available and people inside were saying contradictory things as to what was and wasn't available. I felt the place is a tad hyped on YouTube and other sites, but nevertheless worth a visit one time, taste is quite homely but nothing outstanding. Maybe one should go around lunch time to try the Puliogare, sweets like Wheat halwa, hayagreeva, etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by manualManuel (Post 4743747)
Any suggestions for a Misal Pav place around MG Road or Indiranagar area. Vada pav places are quite a lot in Bangalore. But yet to find a good Misal Pav place. I miss it from Pune days :(

I too miss Misal Pav from my Pune days, Most of the Misal Pav places in Bangalore just do not cut it, all of them have been mediocre.

Now, I have just purchased Khanda lasun masala from Hubli and make rest of the Masala for the "Cut" at home.

There is a new Udupi hotel opened in AECS layout/Brookefield- Udupi Upachar. Offers thatte idli and is pretty good. This is the only restaurant to serve in this part of Bangalore. The best part however is the Iyengar bread basket adjacent to this hotel. The rusk is among the best I had in Bangalore- even surpassing Warrier by a good margin. Must try if you love baked stuff.

Anyone here knows where in Bangalore can I get proper Dilli wala Chole Bhature. Every other restaurant here has Chole Bhature, and so far I have tried atleast 20-25 of them, but all these who claim to be proper north Chole Bhature are a total disaster to say the least.

One exception was Murli (HSR), which came quite close in terms of appearance and taste, but they have shut. So my search still continues, to find authentic Chole Bhature in Bangalore..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 4754606)
So my search still continues, to find authentic Chole Bhature in Bangalore..

'Kesar' at BTM layout had good 'Chole Bhature'. Seems it is closed now. You can checkout their other outlets like at 'Brookefield' OR 'Kalyan Nagar' for the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repsol (Post 4754606)
Anyone here knows where in Bangalore can I get proper Dilli wala Chole Bhature. Every other restaurant here has Chole Bhature, and so far I have tried atleast 20-25 of them, but all these who claim to be proper north Chole Bhature are a total disaster to say the least.

One exception was Murli (HSR), which came quite close in terms of appearance and taste, but they have shut. So my search still continues, to find authentic Chole Bhature in Bangalore..

Anand in Kormangala
Karthik in CMH road