Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2008, 17:13   #421
BHPian

Well have to agree that the zinger is pretty good at KFC, but thats just my personal choice. By the way must try place is Mugen on 100 feet Indiranagar, absolutly superb Thai and Chinese. Did not try the Indonesian though. Very good and pretty ok on the rates, cost us about 2k for 4 people with a total of two drinks.
Old 24th June 2008, 18:10   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Best burger among the Fast food joints???.
Usually people eat burgers in fast food joints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Going to KFC for a burger is like going to China and eating a pizza.
exactly what I thought a few years back when I walked in to KFC to eat a burger. However, I haven't found a better chicken burger (than Zinger) in Bangalore. Do you have any suggestions ?

One of the ways to get fresh burgers in KFC is to ask for one without mayo (or with cheese). That way you get one which is seemingly quite fresh. KFC in forum is so busy that chances of getting stale food is quite less.

Quote:
Well overall, all burgers are nonsensical, however if you are looking from a taste point of view, there are lesser known chains like In&Out, Red Robin etc.,
I love In & Out burgers and I make it a point to eat one whenever I visit Bay Area. However, we are talking about burgers in Bangalore here .
Old 25th June 2008, 00:39   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well overall, all burgers are nonsensical, however if you are looking from a taste point of view, there are lesser known chains like In&Out, Red Robin etc., in the US where they serve very very tasty, albeit very very unhealthy burgers.
They are not really fast food either, because unlike McDonalds etc., where you get a burger in a minute here it takes quite a few minutes, because these chains do not believe in "Frozen food".
Even the potatoes are freshly cut each day
If you really want to get off Mcdonalds watch the movie "Supersize me"
Well, I like nonsensical food, what to do? And I really can't afford to go to the US to sample different kinds of burgers, so I'll stick with KFC, which, I might add, is far better than McDonald's.

Wait, how can you call some sort of food 'very very tasty' and 'nonsensical' in the same breath?
Old 25th June 2008, 01:10   #424
BANNED

Can somebody please bring in a Burger King outlet somewhere in India? I'll probably shift there.
Whopper! Double Whopper! Triple Whopper! Even the black pepper Whopper.

I'm ready to sacrifice a bit of my health for these tasty pieces from heaven!
Old 25th June 2008, 02:26   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
- Anyone knows of really good veg restaurants in RajajiNagar, Malleswaram area ?
The CTR (Central Tiffin Room) near Malleshwaram Circle, which is a few decades old is known for its dosas (Benne Masale).

There's Ramana's on Cunningham road that is good for Vegetarians.
Old 25th June 2008, 10:16   #426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Well, I like nonsensical food, what to do? And I really can't afford to go to the US to sample different kinds of burgers, so I'll stick with KFC, which, I might add, is far better than McDonald's.

Wait, how can you call some sort of food 'very very tasty' and 'nonsensical' in the same breath?
Tasty need not be healthy. A food may be delicious, and at the same time have horrendous nutritional value.
For example KFC burgers can be called tasty at times, but they can never be called healthy.
Old 25th June 2008, 11:42   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Well overall, all burgers are nonsensical, however if you are looking from a taste point of view, there are lesser known chains like In&Out, Red Robin etc., in the US where they serve very very tasty, albeit very very unhealthy burgers.
They are not really fast food either, because unlike McDonalds etc., where you get a burger in a minute here it takes quite a few minutes, because these chains do not believe in "Frozen food".
Even the potatoes are freshly cut each day
If you really want to get off Mcdonalds watch the movie "Supersize me"
Well Burger being nonsensical to one might be staple to other :

I Just love the zinger in KFC and it is definetly better than the ones at MCD where the bread breaks halfway through while you wolf it down

Their chicken is quite ok. I once had a sense of staleness in one of the pieces i ordered in MG road KFC and they immediately replaced the plate. Just a matter of one's choice of taste for fast food.

Last edited by redrage : 25th June 2008 at 11:47.
Old 25th June 2008, 12:36   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Can somebody please bring in a Burger King outlet somewhere in India? I'll probably shift there.

Absolutely!! Problem is, even if they come to India, they may not have the beef burgers.
Old 8th July 2008, 17:59   #429
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Update on BBQNation

Hi, Anybody noticed the changes in the quality at BBQ Nation? My first visit was in Aug07 at Indira Nagar and it was simply awesome. Two weeks back visited the BBQ Nation at Koramangala with some friends and found the fare strictly average. ( This inspite of having 2-3 rounds of drinks ) The BBQs were very spicy, the prawns tasted like frozen ones and not fresh, the mushrooms also looked like canned ones. The regular buffet fare was anyways nothing to write about. Was just wondering if others also had similar experiences.Or was i just unlucky to go there on a bad day? regards m800
Old 9th July 2008, 09:25   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

Sure, go to Pune! There are two 'Burger Kings' there (its a secret very few people outside Pune know about! Even I was shocked to see a BK, and that too an outlet that seemed to have been in existence for many many years!), one on East Street and one in Koregaon Park. BK is quite an institution in Pune. Unfortunately the Whoppers arent available in these outlets. Though all the burgers are absolutely lip-smacking, and very very reasonably priced. Sample this: A King burger, which most grown men will struggle to finish, costs 40 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Absolutely!! Problem is, even if they come to India, they may not have the beef burgers.
Sure, they serve everything from beef to fish burgers!
Old 9th July 2008, 10:57   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Hi, Anybody noticed the changes in the quality at BBQ Nation? My first visit was in Aug07 at Indira Nagar and it was simply awesome. Two weeks back visited the BBQ Nation at Koramangala with some friends and found the fare strictly average. ( This inspite of having 2-3 rounds of drinks ) The BBQs were very spicy, the prawns tasted like frozen ones and not fresh, the mushrooms also looked like canned ones. The regular buffet fare was anyways nothing to write about. Was just wondering if others also had similar experiences.Or was i just unlucky to go there on a bad day? regards m800
Same with me. The Koramangala place was chaotic. I had been to Indiranagar one thrice before, and was always happy with the food.
They might have lost focus which they had initially, and taking things for granted.
Old 9th July 2008, 11:18   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Same with me. The Koramangala place was chaotic. I had been to Indiranagar one thrice before, and was always happy with the food.
They might have lost focus which they had initially, and taking things for granted.
This is exactly the reason why so many restaurants come & GO.
when will these guys learn their lesson?
Old 9th July 2008, 11:31   #433
BHPian

BBQ Nation has simply lost it. After the initial frenzy that they generated the place has just gone to the dogs. Have you guys tried Muguen. Its very very good for the SE Asian food. Try it, its quite nice.
Old 9th July 2008, 11:55   #434
BANNED

Tried out Bombay Post (same complex as TGIF on Airport Road / Indira Nagar 100 ft Road) on Friday night. The place is supposed to recreate the feeling of Bombay but apart from one wall painted with old Hindi movie scenes and possibly the noise made by people, there's nothing of Bombay there. Or any other place for that matter. The restaurant has no character of its own - sitting inside you get the feeling you could be anywhere. 6 (large) drinks + 3 starters worked out to 4K - expensive for 2 people. The food is good but not great.
Old 9th July 2008, 12:10   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Tried out Bombay Post (same complex as TGIF on Airport Road / Indira Nagar 100 ft Road) on Friday night. The place is supposed to recreate the feeling of Bombay but apart from one wall painted with old Hindi movie scenes and possibly the noise made by people, there's nothing of Bombay there. Or any other place for that matter. The restaurant has no character of its own - sitting inside you get the feeling you could be anywhere. 6 (large) drinks + 3 starters worked out to 4K - expensive for 2 people. The food is good but not great.
Have been there a few times.

On Saturday evenings there's live music (Bollyhood oldies till 70s). Decent artistes. Makes it worthwhile, if you like old songs.
They also take requests. If you are celebrating some occasion, they are known to sing the appropriate songs.
cheers:

Last edited by eclectix 1st : 9th July 2008 at 12:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks