Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-41.html)

guys, as i will be in bangy for three days with friends, please let me know any good pub/disco near majestic.

Vegetarian street food: VV Puram-Food street

Non vegetarian street food: Shivajinagar(opposite Russel market).

You won't be disappointed.

Hi all

As promised- I have been raiding the buffet outlets of Bangalore. Hey, All you guys who said you'd join me on Jan. 11th at BBQ nation to see the spectacle :D . Sad you couldn't make it.. but here are a few battle scenes on my mob cam.

This was the first session pic set. I was there a good one and a half hours. Went straight in- and asked the waiter to bring me all the prawns they had - he asked "sir ??" .I repeated the statement again, and then had to do the same to the maître d'. After some time - in came the prawns on skewers, and were placed before me. 36 prawns later- I took the above posted snaps, and then went on to have another 31, by that time, I was too mushed to lift my hand and snap more pix :D. Anyway- I know - you might say -"What?? after only 67 prawns?? - that's nothing!" , but I forgot to mention the one tiny detail of another 15 pieces of fish that went in to the ark.

Sadly, I wanted to touch 70 prawns, but by that time, they said the restaurant kitchen was closing. The only solace was I'd crossed my previous best.

Next time- earlier entry, and more prawns. :D

Count me in the next time. Last time I went there, they ran out of prawns too.

By the way- the mega event was at BBQ Nation nr.Domlur flyover, opposite Mainland china

Next Monday, come what may, I am at BBQ Nation! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 1131836)
Just got this in an e-mail forward today. I don't know the guy.

Attachment 90025

Well .. Think this is true and I was told that this happened to a guy from my office.

No proof for that.. I was told so.

Swaadishta, Bhashyam Circle, Sadashiva Nagar - VFM place. Very very decently priced beverages, decent food.

Chandni Chowk, fantastic vfm indian food Koramangala. Love the chicken tikka masala and paneer butter masala there. Oh and now they have added drinks to their menu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 1143093)
Swaadishta, Bhashyam Circle, Sadashiva Nagar - VFM place. Very very decently priced beverages, decent food.

Has a funny sign outside - "Family Restaurant with Bar Attached" lol:

That sign can be found outside a lot of restaurants in Bangalore.

Went to Samrat (family restaurant - bar attached) on Bellary Road (next to Cafe Coffee Day, near CBI junction) one night in 2006 - a taxi driver told me it was a 'decent' place. Not one family in sight but very nicely priced beverages and superb food. It was pretty 'decent' since nobody was throwing bottles / glasses around :D. Have been there again twice. Absolute VFM.

The other one down the same road (forget the name) is slightly less decent.

hrag, Samrat has been around a long time,isn't it ? I recollect going there way back in the early-to-mid 90's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1145690)
hrag, Samrat has been around a long time,isn't it ? I recollect going there way back in the early-to-mid 90's.

Yes, it has been around for a long time. Another old-timer in Bangalore is Shreyas at Yeshwantpur signal. The 'legend' in that area is Hotel Ratna, in a lane beside the petrol bunk next to Shreyas.

Ratna used to be immensely popular with the IISc crowd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 1143131)
Went to Samrat (family restaurant - bar attached) on Bellary Road (next to Cafe Coffee Day, near CBI junction) - very nicely priced beverages and superb food.

Samrat still rocks - their food prices are probably on par with other places. The beverage prices will bring you tears of joy :D

Had been to Rice Bowl (Lavelle Road) last week. The food is nowhere as tasty as it used to be.

BTW any idea if the older Rice Bowl (Brigade Road - Residency Road) is still around some place?