Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-45.html)

Any pointers to Good Gujarati food in Bangalore. Meals as well as Snacks.

There is a nice gujurati place in gandhinagar area. near the shantisagar.
Apart from this if it is regular gujju snacks short eats you are after try sangam sweets they have one in gandhinagar as well as near shivananda circle in kumarapark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 1262619)

Also keep an eye for the annual Gujju/Rajasthani food festival that happens for a week or two @ St Marks Hotel.

yes thanks khan saab,
forgot about the food festival at St.Marks, it is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1262662)
Also keep an eye for the annual Gujju/Rajasthani food festival that happens for a week or two @ St Marks Hotel.

And when does (meaning, which month) this week long festival happen?

IIRC, SukhSagar in Koramangala serves Gujju Thali every Sunday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 1262619)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1262366)
Kaati Zone, for the hygiene-conscious. Very good stuff, fresh, never disappoints. Not too cheap though. For the cheap stuff, Shahi's at the RTO. Their best rolls are the beef ones, if you eat it.

2 new places just opened above Take 5, I hear. Gotta check them out.

Nitin, when are you here?

I think I've been to Shahi long time ago.I forget the name of the place, used to be very popular until a new management took over. Arrggh..I used to go there all the time. Just can't recollect the place. It was in the BDA complex.

Someone help me here!! :Frustrati

I'll be in B'lore for about 8 days,v1p3r. Starting from the 14th, to the 22nd. Would love to meet up with the regular B'lore guys while I'm there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1262662)

Khan saab, when is this fesitval going to be held? I've been to one such festival 12 years ago.

It used to be called Nizaam's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1264138)
It used to be called Nizaam's.

clap:clap: There you go!! Thanks a bunch,Sir! I would have gone crazy trying to figure it out.!

Any good place that has 'shawarmas' in I'nagar? I hear there was a place opposite Shanti Sagar on CMH Rd.

Erm, there's the usual suspects, Imperial on the Indiranagar market road, and Empire, on CMH road. Not aware of this Shanti Sagar opposite place though.

Has anyone tried "World cuisine Network" in Indiranagar (80 ft road) ? It has opened recently.

Been to Chancery Pavilion yesterday, food isnt great though.
Not sure of the prices as it was sponsored :)

world cuisine is good. Prices are reasonable. Have not eaten there as a customer.

Fanoos is still very very good - a few of us went there last evening for a quick bite & ended up having many bites!

I was going to Fanoos after ~13 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91 (Post 1264249)
world cuisine is good. Prices are reasonable. Have not eaten there as a customer.

I was planning to go there today but ended up going to La Jawaab (another new restaurant in Indiranagar) for lunch. Not bad at all. Would recommend it for good North Indian food.