Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-51.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1489802)
there is this other place famous for their donne biryani. its available at 6.00 am (i guess its only sundays)and its pretty sold out!! its in chickpet/cottonpet (whatever area it is thats next to good shed road).
I've been there and its very different and nice. but its kinda weird to see people throng a small car shed in an area like that at 6 in the morning to eat chicken biryani!!

Is this place called Naidu Biryani by any chance?? It is located in some pete between Cottonpete & Balepete. I'm guessing you are talking about the same place:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1489766)
...Coastal Express - Shivananda circle -Try prawn ghee roast with neer dosa
Sana-di-ge (Goldfinch)- Crescent Rd.

Must try that sometime. BTW the name is actually Anupam's Coastaal Express (yes, 2 a's - must be a numerology thing; right above Shivananda Stores). Usually I have Chicken Ghee Roast, obviously forgetting about calories and cholesterol. A Japanese friend of mine had one and a half portions once, despite water streaming out of his eyes and nostrils. The same outfit runs another Coastal joint where the old Blue Fox was, in Shrungar Complex on MG Road.

Sa-na-di-ge is my favorite to take customers from US and Europe to, and they are always pleasantly surprised with a different Indian flavor and cuisine. They do it just right when requested to go light on chillies. They also have a decent veg selection for vegetarians in the entourage.

Kudla at Ramanashree Hotel (near Woodlands) is another good place. Great crab. Unfortunately their stuff is a bit too rustic - western guests didn't like it so much. But surprisingly with my Japanese guests there is complete silence - barring the customary eating sounds - around the table till the plates are literally licked clean. Crab Lemon Pepper Butter? Hai, hai, hai, hai, arigato, sugakku oishi ne?

Harbor Market on Crescent Road was another good, if a trifle expensive, place to go to for sea food. Alas, no more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 1490136)
BTW the name is actually Anupam's Coastaal Express Usually I have Chicken Ghee Roast, obviously forgetting about calories and cholesterol.

Yes, It's Anupama's coastaal Express. Do try their Prawn ghee roast next time. Chicken ghee roast is equally good.
Quote:

Kudla at Ramanashree Hotel (near Woodlands) is another good place. Great crab. Unfortunately their stuff is a bit too rustic - western guests didn't like it so much.
How did I miss Kudla? great food. Yeah not to forget their crab dishes.
Problem with this place is the seating capacity is not much & gets crowded very often.

Heard ther's on Coastal express in MG Road. Where exactly in MG ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriturl (Post 1488562)

1. A bit far from your preference, but Hyd Biryani on victoria road.

I used to visit this place often. Then one day found a cockroach floating in the raita. Stopped visiting since then:D.

Will try out the other places you mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1488690)
If you go straight from Jayanagar towards the Banashankari BMTC depot, after the temple on the right, and the right-left turn, there is a small shop on the downhill road, just after the speed-breaker and intersection. I don't think it has a name, and the biriyani is amazing. It's donne biriyani, not Hyderabadi, and runs out very quickly.

Where is Banashanakri BMTC depot, need little bit exact location.

Yeah , the exact location of the donne biriyani centre would help.agree:

Would this be on the Marenahalli road after you cross big bazaar and the ragigudda temple ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1490261)

Would this be on the Marenahalli road after you cross big bazaar and the ragigudda temple ?

I think its at Sangam Circle. If travelling from BTM Layout towards Jayanagar, after the junction of RV road (towards South End) the circle where the road takes a slight right turn and left.

Thanks dreamdiesel, will visit this place soon.

I tried pizzas@Pizza Corner today on Brigade Rd. Really tasty, far better than dominos or pizza hut.

Would recommend it to pizza lovers :thumbs up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha (Post 1490255)
Where is Banashanakri BMTC depot, need little bit exact location.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdp1975 (Post 1490261)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamdiesel (Post 1490322)
I think its at Sangam Circle. If travelling from BTM Layout towards Jayanagar, after the junction of RV road (towards South End) the circle where the road takes a slight right turn and left.

Once you cross big bazar and ragi gudda temple, keep heading straight and you reach sangam circle. Go straight ahead and you reach another smaller circle wherein you need to take a left towards Banashankari bus stand. There is a hump on this stretch and as you slow down at the hump, look to your left and thats the Donne Biryani.

You have to go there very early in the noon, infact before noon to have this Biryani. Personally never tasted but heard good reviews about it :thumbs up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_elegance (Post 1490367)
Once you cross big bazar and ragi gudda temple, keep heading straight and you reach sangam circle. Go straight ahead and you reach another smaller circle wherein you need to take a left towards Banashankari bus stand. There is a hump on this stretch and as you slow down at the hump, look to your left and thats the Donne Biryani.

You have to go there very early in the noon, infact before noon to have this Biryani. Personally never tasted but heard good reviews about it :thumbs up.

Thanks, I have travelled 10000+ times on this road:Frustrati still never knew about this briyani centre.

Guys.You have to try this place called 3654 Hut or something.It comes on the road opposite to RV dental college JP nagar ,There is a place called The dhaba right opposite to it!And the best part is its very cheap.But dont expect much hygiene there!Their chicken momos are to die for!

Quote:

Originally Posted by punterccrx8s (Post 1490437)
Guys.You have to try this place called 3654 Hut or something.It comes on the road opposite to RV dental college JP nagar ,There is a place called The dhaba right opposite to it!And the best part is its very cheap.But dont expect much hygiene there!Their chicken momos are to die for!

Is is the same lane towards Ranga Shankara or JP Nagar Police Station?? Was thinking of visiting a small restaurant that looks like dhaba this weekend..

Guys one piece of advice , if you can type of so much ,why not just open google maps and get the longitude and latitude and post it . It will be very helpful to others to get the right location .

Tried out the buffet at Sikander on Garuda Mall today @350/-. Was pretty good, especially the non-veg dishes.

Recommended.

And now, to shed those calories :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1490201)
... Coastal express in MG Road. Where exactly in MG ?

In between Deccan Herald building and the building that housed the Coffee House earlier, there is a complex with a circular building inside - that's the Shrungar Complex. It has has small touristy shops (including one that is a currency exchange joint) near the entrance.