Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-55.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat (Post 1541186)
where exactly is this place. Directions please.

See below

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1541219)
coconut grove in koramangala or the one in church street are way better than the marathahalli one. i hate their service. pathetic.

mexican food, no other place but for Chilli's on old airport road next to erstwhile kempfort.

I visited Coconut Grove only twise and the feedback was based on my experience, luckily it was good.

Chilli's - they are closed for renovation, and renovation is taking too long:-(

Heard lot about Mangalore Pearl in Frazer Town, anyone tried?

Got some bad feedback about World Cuisine Network on 80 Ft Road Indiranagar. They had been there for dinner and food they tried (lebenese) is pathetic and costed them approx 450 per head.

@hemant - Here is the direction, Do not expect a flashy restaurant. It is a small hotel, but I like the food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 1541742)
o long:-(

Heard lot about Mangalore Pearl in Frazer Town, anyone tried?

mangalore pearl is my fave. i go there every weekend.the sea food is awesome.
i highly recommend.
pls try :
1. pomfret/sear fish rava fry
2. neer dosa with roce curry.
3. prawn pepper fry.

and the best part is, its easy on the pocket too!!

Has any one tried out the Biriyani Day in Marathahalli . I was just browsing and see good reviews on this place .

Justdial: Biryani Day in Marathahalli Bangalore

Last weekend I tried Mutton Biryani + Chicken biryani from Richies(Name has changed) in Mosque Road, it was nothing great as far as I'm concerned. Chicken biryani rice was not cooked(boiled) well.

Had been to RR/Hyderabad Mahal on church street for dinner yesterday, I am a regular at this place, But yesterday half way through our dinner we found Cockroaches the size of rats on the table and the floor. We called it to their attention but no use. The management was just Placid. We left immediately after compalining. I said I would not pay for the food. Asking for the owners number was no use as they avoided it but some of them were insisting we pay for it. I said no left my number amd name asking the owner to call back and then I would pay.
I will never ever go there again.

Can someone recommend any place in HSR Layout for eating out or home delivery? Besides Malgudi n Dhaniya, there aren't any, and that too these 2 don't any easy on costs.
KFC does not deliver in this location and pizzas are a no-no :|

Please suggest please:

Best Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.prashanth (Post 1582242)
Had been to RR/Hyderabad Mahal on church street for dinner yesterday, I am a regular at this place, But yesterday half way through our dinner we found Cockroaches the size of rats on the table and the floor. We called it to their attention but no use. The management was just Placid. We left immediately after compalining. I said I would not pay for the food. Asking for the owners number was no use as they avoided it but some of them were insisting we pay for it. I said no left my number amd name asking the owner to call back and then I would pay.

i guess matters like this should reach the health dept and the newspaper. only fear of bad publicity will work. it must've been a disgusting experience.

Quote:

You should have taken couple of photos.. that would have scared them enough ....

Anyways its good that you have posted your experience .. I have noted the hotel in my NO NO list.

Quote:

The health dept needs to shut down places like this. I wonder why restaurants and eateries here dont have a rating system by the health dept. For example, you can look up all the ratings of all the restaurants in Los Angeles County here: LA County Department of Public Health - Facility Rating . Every Indian restaurant back home in LA has a rating of at least "B" or better.

Quote:

Its a real pity because these fellows made some good biryanis. So, this will be a big NO NO now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iVictor (Post 1582392)
Can someone recommend any place in HSR Layout for eating out or home delivery? Besides Malgudi n Dhaniya, there aren't any, and that too these 2 don't any easy on costs.
KFC does not deliver in this location and pizzas are a no-no :|

Please suggest please:

Best Regards.

I have seen quite a few restaurants on 27th Main - sorry unable to recollect names.
Maybe a drive down that road should be of help to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuraliR (Post 1584790)
I have seen quite a few restaurants on 27th Main - sorry unable to recollect names.
Maybe a drive down that road should be of help to you.

Kohinoor, Beijing Bites and a place named BFC are situated on 27th Main.

BFC is a take off on KFC and they serve something which looks very similar to the Zinger Burger.

You also have an "Aranya" in the BDA complex abd Maharaja's near coffee day.

I always found the food at Beijing Bites good VFM. Service was prompt too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1542549)
mangalore pearl is my fave. i go there every weekend.the sea food is awesome.
i highly recommend.
pls try :
1. pomfret/sear fish rava fry
2. neer dosa with roce curry.
3. prawn pepper fry.

and the best part is, its easy on the pocket too!!

I have tried Neer Dosa with Fish curry/Fry from the following hotels found very good

Sana-di-ge (Gold finch - Race course Road)
Karavali (Taj Gateway Hotel - Residency Road)

Have to try the Mangalore Pearl next time.

Sana-di-ge price was for Neer Dosa per plate-4nos (Rs.45/-), Fish Curry Angel (Rs.130/-) and for Prawn Pepper Fry (Rs.270/-) + Taxes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by watfor (Post 1585321)
Kohinoor, Beijing Bites and a place named BFC are situated on 27th Main.

BFC is a take off on KFC and they serve something which looks very similar to the Zinger Burger.

You also have an "Aranya" in the BDA complex abd Maharaja's near coffee day.

If you want Andhra food, theres Nanda on 19th main ( where 19th main joins ORR ). BFC also serves the KFC type fried chicken and shawarmas.