Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-59.html)

For good ice creams one can try "ORCHARD FRESH" in BSK ring road near Katriguppe.
Just before Reebok showroom.
Varities of ice cream, Lil expensive.
They advertise it as 100% veg icream parlour

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1600669)
Marathalli, Tulsi theatre road -> Hyderabadi Biriyani (Nandana's)

Went strolling round looking to find Biriyani Day, but didnt find it, and decided to try out this place. Decent place, but the Biriyani was good. Chicken biriyani was priced at Rs. 85/- a plate. Worth a try, if ambience isnt too much of a concern. As far as i am concerned, this is a good altenative to the biriyani at Hyderabadi Biriyani on Old Airport road where the prices keep increasing, and quantity keeps decreasing.

If you are still not able to find Biriyani day , Let me give you the directions . Just before the nandana hyderbad Biriyani there is a lance on your left where you will find the biriyani day .I went hunting for Biriyani day on the Tulsi Theater road and ended up in nandana biriyani and then i tried again and found it . Both the places are close to each other . The biriyani at Nandana was similar to the one we get near the kempfort/old victoria road Hyderbadi biryani .

I happen to see the Hyderbad house opened on whitefield -varthur road .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy.S (Post 1701461)
Salvation! At last! Going there tomorrow fer sure.

Please do! Even I saw it as salvation! Have never had a proper beef burger in India, EVER! Not even in Pondy and Goa.

Another thing is, most places in India dont put pickles in their burgers. But in Cafe Thulp, they do! It tastes a lot like the typical American Cheeseburger! They also serve it with fries and Coleslaw. The Coleslaw was especially good. And since they keep a bottle of mayo on your table, you can cover the fries with the mayo and enjoy that too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1703337)
Please do! Even I saw it as salvation! Have never had a proper beef burger in India, EVER! Not even in Pondy and Goa.

Another thing is, most places in India dont put pickles in their burgers. But in Cafe Thulp, they do! It tastes a lot like the typical American Cheeseburger! They also serve it with fries and Coleslaw. The Coleslaw was especially good. And since they keep a bottle of mayo on your table, you can cover the fries with the mayo and enjoy that too!

Wow! My mouth's watering thinking about it! Cafe Thulp is opposite The Pavillion right? That's where Mac Fast Food was situated a lot time ago, next to Hatrick Sports right? I'm going there this weekend!

Oh and Nikhil, haven't you tried the Burgers at Hard Rock Cafe? I know, at 450 a pop, they're really expensive! But they're worth it too! They're so huge, like the size of a Rottweiler's head! :D

Suhaas, this Cafe Thulp is in Koramangala. The Mac Fast Food you are referring to was the one on Church Street right? I loved that place. Most of the peeling wallpaper in that place was due to my fingers!

I used to keep peeling the wallpapers while waiting for my fish and chips! I've never found a place which makes fish and chips the way they used to.

I need to try Hard Rock Cafe soon in that case... The burger in Cafe Thulp is about 250/-. This is the burger with everything. Bacon, cheese, etc....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 1703227)
Went to 'The Cream & Fudge Factory' on Defense Colony, 100 Ft Road, Indiranagar. On the same building as Pizza Corner/Annachis.

I was highly impressed with the quality of ice creams. Far better than the usual run-of-mill stuff of Corner House. One can select the types of scoop, number of scoops, mix-ins and cup/cone. Very high on taste, IMO.

Little expensive than others, single scoop ice-cream costs approx INR120, but it is worth the money.

Good ambiance, there is a small play area for kids as well.

+1 - always been a fan of The Cream & Fudge Factory - imho, they serve some awesome ice creams, and the scoops are really generous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy.S (Post 1701461)
Salvation! At last! Going there tomorrow fer sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 1703350)
Wow! My mouth's watering thinking about it! Cafe Thulp is opposite The Pavillion right? That's where Mac Fast Food was situated a lot time ago, next to Hatrick Sports right? I'm going there this weekend!

Oh and Nikhil, haven't you tried the Burgers at Hard Rock Cafe? I know, at 450 a pop, they're really expensive! But they're worth it too! They're so huge, like the size of a Rottweiler's head! :D

Guys, how about a burger-meet this Saturday? I'm free for dinner. Not lunch though. How about you guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1703415)
Suhaas, this Cafe Thulp is in Koramangala. The Mac Fast Food you are referring to was the one on Church Street right? I loved that place. Most of the peeling wallpaper in that place was due to my fingers!

I used to keep peeling the wallpapers while waiting for my fish and chips! I've never found a place which makes fish and chips the way they used to.

I need to try Hard Rock Cafe soon in that case... The burger in Cafe Thulp is about 250/-. This is the burger with everything. Bacon, cheese, etc....

Where exactly in Koramangala is this place? I'm dying to go there!

I used to like Mac Fast Foods too! Used to go there and Wimpys on Bigade Road very very often! I wonder what happened to these places! It's rather sad that they aren't there anymore! Sigh.

Mac Fast Foods has given way to a new place now! Looks like another coffee place! As if Bangalore doesn't have enough of them already!

If you like Fish 'n Chips, you should try the F'nC they serve at Koshy's at St. Marks road! They're quite heavenly too!

Hard Rock Burgers are the best I've ever had! They're massive and absolutely delicious! Must try! :)

I frequently visit a place in Basavanagudi DVG Road called Puliyogare Point. Believe me this is the best typical Iyengar style vegetarian food i have tasted. The prices are bit high compared to the normal Darshinis but really worth it.
Dishes you should must have if you visit this place in order of preference:
1) Khara Puliyogare
2) Sweet Puliyogare
3) Besi bele bhaat
4) Curd rice
5) and finally oota (meals) if there is sabaksi saar in that day's menu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 1703429)
Guys, how about a burger-meet this Saturday? I'm free for dinner. Not lunch though. How about you guys?

I have had Cheese burgers at the Hard Rock Cafe and at TGIF.
HRC was excellent and TGIF was a disappointment.
I would love to try this new place out. Let me know if the plan does materialize, I am in. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 1706050)
I have had Cheese burgers at the Hard Rock Cafe and at TGIF.
HRC was excellent and TGIF was a disappointment.
I would love to try this new place out. Let me know if the plan does materialize, I am in. :D

We're having a mini meet for dinner I suppose! PM Nikhil to confirm it! :)

Hard Rock's beef burgers are out of this world! But They sure do burn a huge hole in your wallet. Cafe Thulp seems to be more economical! TGIF is a nice place but there are some things that you should stay away from. And the burgers are one of them! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kites (Post 1705623)
I frequently visit a place in Basavanagudi DVG Road called Puliyogare Point. Believe me this is the best typical Iyengar style vegetarian food i have tasted. The prices are bit high compared to the normal Darshinis but really worth it.
Dishes you should must have if you visit this place in order of preference:
1) Khara Puliyogare
2) Sweet Puliyogare
3) Besi bele bhaat
4) Curd rice
5) and finally oota (meals) if there is sabaksi saar in that day's menu.

Yep pretty good puliyogare along with Chitranna.
It's not in DVG road , but parallel road of DVG Road in Gandhibaazar.

Visited Cafe Y a couple of days back. A quaint & quiet little place. Ordered a 'Custom made' Steak (if you can call it that:D). The steak was pretty good and so was the dessert. I had Caramel Custard and it was lovely (although I felt that the portion could have been more generous).

Overall I would give a rating of 3.5/5

Hey guys

I hav been frequenting a south indian food joint on ORR, banashankari 3rd stage, just opposite to Corp Bank, near DG petrol bunk.

Thee hotel name is Manethindi, and they serve awesome tasting Dosas & a variety of those actually. And also maddur vada is a good snack they serve.

The menu item that i like the best in the order:
1. Bread Dosa
2. Masala Dosa
3. Avarekalu Dosa
4. Maddur Vada

Of course I have tasted a lot many items that they serve, but whats listed here is what i eat a lot there... Bread Dosa was something which i never heard before, but never thought it would taste so good.. In case you pass by this area check it out. I am basically frm hyd, but yet like this stuff, and jus cant keep telling ppl abt it.

make sure u dont drop in between 8 to 10AM on weekends.. the rush is mad & horrible.. it takes atleast 30 mins to get a parcel of idli ... !!!!

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fast food joint where they serve to the car directly, Park-and-eat sorts, Replies will be highly appreciated :)