Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:23   #991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watfor View Post
There's also Kubay a stone s throw away from CoastIICoast. Serves good sea food.
I have tried kubay too but i find CoastIICoast food more tastier and good VFM. The service is also much better in CIIC
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:50   #992
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok. Meet at Cafe Thulp tonight.

All interested people, please PM me your number.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:00   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
loved kobe's sizzlers on top floor of garuda mall.
absolutely loved the steaks there

The last time I went to Garuda Mall, Kobe's was closed for renovation. Does anyone know if it has opened or when it is opening?
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:19   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
The last time I went to Garuda Mall, Kobe's was closed for renovation. Does anyone know if it has opened or when it is opening?
It is open. Went there last week after a long time. I didnt see any evidence of any renovation though.
Service was average. Food was good as usual.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:09   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I have tried kubay too but i find CoastIICoast food more tastier and good VFM. The service is also much better in CIIC
Have to agree.
Coast 2 coast in Kormangala, in MG road & Anupam Coastal express in Shivananda circle all have some pricing for dishes ... Good food too

But my best bet as of now for sea food is SEA SPICE Shetty gardenia @ Monotype Banshankari, behind Mind tree.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:16   #996
Senior - BHPian

Went to Coastaal Express yesterday. I felt that the taste has come down a bit. The Tandoori Pomfret & the Prawn ghee roast were the only good items. The other fish items were not done well.
Old 24th March 2010, 19:51   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I have no idea. Sorry. I doubt it though. Because I passed that place early one morning and peeped inside. Saw all the chairs stacked on the tables.
Thanks buddy.You were right.Went there at 2am only to find it closed.So ended up eating in coffee day :(

Which place is the best place in bangalore for sizzlers?Not too expensive.

Last edited by punterccrx8s : 24th March 2010 at 19:54.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:32   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Thanks buddy.You were right.Went there at 2am only to find it closed.So ended up eating in coffee day :(

Which place is the best place in bangalore for sizzlers?Not too expensive.
Miller's 46
The Only Place
Kobe's (some find this overhyped)
Indijoes
Old 24th March 2010, 23:04   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Miller's 46
The Only Place
Kobe's (some find this overhyped)
Indijoes
there is a place in Nandidurg road(close to fun world) its called Elements and i found their steaks to be one of the best in Bangalore.
Compared to Millers they are way better.

I kinda liked the service in Kobe's , the manager in charge always gets me extra mashed potatoes for no extra charge
Old 25th March 2010, 00:34   #1000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
there is a place in Nandidurg road(close to fun world) its called Elements and i found their steaks to be one of the best in Bangalore.
Compared to Millers they are way better.

I kinda liked the service in Kobe's , the manager in charge always gets me extra mashed potatoes for no extra charge
Oh yes! I've heard of Elements. Unfortunately, never been there :(
Old 25th March 2010, 19:07   #1001
BHPian

I don't know if this joint was mentioned in this thread earlier or not (I tried searching this thread but, could not find it), it's called KFC!! but, it's not the KFC which you all know of. . .

If you want have excellent Idlies and Dosas, this is THE place. Unlike normal idlies and dosas which you get in every nook and corner of Bangalore, these guys serve "out of the world" idlies and dosas, very pluffy and tasty!! Just thinking about it makes me drooooool !!!

Idli & Dosa with just plain chutney or with excellent choice of chicken/mutton gravies or with the non-veg gravy dishes plus mouth watering fare of spicy non-vegetarian snacks (chicken, mutton, fish, prawns, Tandoor items). . .ummmmmmm.. . oh my god!! One should eat there to believe it! You get chapaties and Biriyani as well but, I don't have an idea about their taste.

Note: This is not a family place unless you drive a car. If you have a car, you can get the "In Car Service" (Nothing beats having their spicy side dishes with a bottle of your choice of drinks along with the friends in your own car!! - Hope this sentence stays away from moderator's glare, I know it's not supported in this forum but, I am not promoting drinking! @ Moderators: Please remove this part of the content if you deem it to be improper).

Timings: This joint will be open between 7-7.30pm till 11-11.30 pm sometimes can be open up to mid-night. This is not a proper hotel, it's an outlet, there is no place to sit, you have to have your food on the footpath literally. Generally, this place will be crowded and one needs to fight his way to get what he wants. There is no question of "she" here, can't imagine one reaching the counter in that drunk crowd! But, rest assured that it's all worth it!

@Location: This indigenous KFC is located between the Woodland Hotel and the Ramanashree Hotel near Richmond Circle.

Although the taste has de-graded since couple of years, it still is the best bet for idlies and dosas in the late nights.

VFM - No doubt
Taste - Excellent
Ambiance: Poor
Service: Slow but, Good (for the people with four wheelers)

Recommendation - Must visit
Old 25th March 2010, 23:34   #1002
Distinguished - BHPian

I've heard a lot about the place. It's full form is Kentacky Fried Chicken
Old 25th March 2010, 23:39   #1003
BANNED

Went out last weekend to few places

1) Biejing Bites Vidyaranyapura = Clean place, fresh new interiors, and good tasty food.

2) Mast Kalandar New BEL Road = First time here, loved each and every bite of food served, worth the money.

3) Kaati Zone & Gangotri BIAL = Nice Vada Pav at kaati zone, but rest all crap.
Old 26th March 2010, 08:14   #1004
BHPian

Do no one talk ice-creams here?
This is my first post on the thread so do not know if this chain of Ice cream parlours have been discussed here before. If so them MODS please delete this post.

IMO Bangy has the best Ice-cream shops in the form of Corner House.
I find them way better than Baskin Robbins or anything else for that matter.
Guys from Delhi will disagree, because I know that you have Nirula's and its hot chocolate fudge to drool over.
But having tried both places, and being a regular at Corner House, I have a small little place carved out for Corner House in my heart.
"Death By Chocolate" popularly called DBC by the regulars, is the signature preparation. Choco Brownies at the lowest layer, 3 scoops of rich vanilla, dollops of hot chocolate sauce (they never see how much they are putting, more you want, more they'll put until the bowl overflows ) and then top it up with fresh cream, fresh cherries and nuts! What an experience!
The beauty of DBC lies in the fact that just one layer maybe regular fare, but when you dig the spoon deep down into the bottom of the bowl and draw your spoon back, you have the most amazing combo of a warm brownie, hot choco sauce and cold ice-cream with nutty filling in between.
That is an absolutely beautiful feeling!

Those who havent tried, please go today!
Those who have, I dont have anything to say to you, I know you are already hardcore loyals!

Last edited by preetam_KORG : 26th March 2010 at 08:16.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:38   #1005
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

2) Mast Kalandar New BEL Road = First time here, loved each and every bite of food served, worth the money.
Where exactly on New BEL road is this? I never its also in the northern part of Bangalore!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks