Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 11:32   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
If you like "savji style" (a marathi style dominant in and around border areas of Maharashtra like Belgaum, Hubli etc.) non-veg food which is very spicy, "Savji's Restaurant" on west of chord road (near 1st block rajajinagar and west of chord road junction, near to Isckon temple) is THE place. Their mutton chops (dry and gravy both), Chicken curry, Kheema balls (green gravy and red gravy, also comes in dry form) with either Jowar rotis or Chapatis is incredible.

They have branches in Vijaynagar and Gandhinagar as well.
I had tried out the one in Vijayanagar and the food was horrible. We were the only customers in that place and I guess they just served leftovers.

Have to check out the Rajajinagar one soon.
Old 21st April 2010, 11:50   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
You''re better off going to "Degchi" a few shops away from Bawarchi, towards kasturi nagar.. Amritsari food..
Directions to Degchi please? Any landmarks you can mention? Is it near Srinidhi Upachar?
Old 21st April 2010, 14:36   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I had tried out the one in Vijayanagar and the food was horrible. We were the only customers in that place and I guess they just served leftovers.

Have to check out the Rajajinagar one soon.
Check out Rajajinagar outlet, you won't be disappointed! try the dishes that I have suggested, you will love it! This outlet is the oldest and the original branch and they have maintained their quality/taste.

your feedback on Vijayanagar branch, it's useless! My mistake, I should have warned you in advance, I am sorry
Old 21st April 2010, 15:07   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Directions to Degchi please? Any landmarks you can mention? Is it near Srinidhi Upachar?
From Srinidhi, further up - diagonally opposite to More Store - towards Kanti Sweets.
Old 21st April 2010, 16:34   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Check out Rajajinagar outlet, you won't be disappointed! try the dishes that I have suggested, you will love it! This outlet is the oldest and the original branch and they have maintained their quality/taste.

your feedback on Vijayanagar branch, it's useless! My mistake, I should have warned you in advance, I am sorry
No need to apologise dude. The last time I had been there was more than a year back.

I will definitely try the Rajajinagar one.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:39   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
elements in bangalore?
if yes
i absolutely love the Amigo Steak.
Blue tinger my favorite drink!
you should try shepherds pie there its really good.
Yes the one at Nandi Durga Cross road. The new one wasnt opened when I was there last time.

I have tried their whole menu , except the shepherd pie. I love the food there.

I dont know , if its on their menu, but they serve a north kerala dish at times. It is Neypathal ( means GheePancake) and curry. Its amazing!!!.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:41   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Where in Bangalore can i get good, succulent tandoori chicken?
Old 21st April 2010, 18:28   #1103
BHPian

The Grill House Restaurant

We landed up at the Grill House Restaurant on Ulsoor Road - Old Madras Road junction, for Sunday lunch at 3:15 pm. And, they were closing at 3:30pm. The person who took the order was very friendly though we arrived late. He explained things to us and recommended few things. We placed orders for a Tabasco Steak and a Steak Mardigras. For children, who prefer to 'drink' than eat while out, we ordered Buffalo wings and some drinks (soft, to clarify).

While waiting for the orders to arrive, this place is in the middle of the crowd and noise. Just in front of the entrance is the bus stop, where all buses going on Old Madras Road stops. For those who are not familiar with this place, the restaurant is the second building on your left, once you turn to Old Madras Road from Ulsoor Road (coming from Dickenson Road). Once you're inside, it is peaceful and a great place to be. The interior decor is all done in wood and in Wild West style. There is even a wall hanging about an upcoming show with rates in cents. There are two floors, the one you enter and another one upstairs. We took a seat in the middle of the first floor.

The sizzlers were served without much wait and they really looked impressive. Once we started digging into the succulent and juicy meat, it tasted great. We wanted our steaks to be done medium to well done. It was perfect, with the sauce and Tabasco butter. We finished the meals by 4:30pm and walked out happy about what we had.

In a nutshell, the place is good, ambience great. There is ample parking space behind the restaurant. It’s an unpaved lot, could be little troublesome during rainy days. There were not many people inside since we arrived late. Service was pretty good. Food was great and worth going back. The rates were decent and with in a grand. But then, the kids did not eat much and we did not ‘drink’.

Regards
Rex
Old 21st April 2010, 18:46   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
See Nikhil's post here or here.

Quote:
Awesome food. The chicken kababs were so awesome, it was unreal! I have never eaten such succulent and soft chicken kababs.
Old 22nd April 2010, 00:56   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Yes the one at Nandi Durga Cross road. The new one wasnt opened when I was there last time.

I have tried their whole menu , except the shepherd pie. I love the food there.

I dont know , if its on their menu, but they serve a north kerala dish at times. It is Neypathal ( means GheePancake) and curry. Its amazing!!!.
there are two elements?
im talking about the NandiDurg road one.

P.S
Im part Keralite
Old 22nd April 2010, 05:13   #1106
BHPian

I am also talking about the nandi durga road one. They are opening a new bigger one near Frazer town mosque.

P.S: good, so you will definitely like it. Hope you know that its owned by keralites.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:59   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
From Srinidhi, further up - diagonally opposite to More Store - towards Kanti Sweets.
Its on the 1st floor, but you can see their sign board when coming from kasturi nagar towards srinidhi / bawarchi..
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:08   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
See Nikhil's post here or here.
Thanks Raj, but Nikhil is talking about kebabs. I am asking about Tandoori Chicken specifically. For kebabs, even Raga on Bannerghatta Road is quite good. But when it comes to tandoori chicken, most often i end up getting an over burnt, bright red hawayee chappal textured stuff from almost everywhere that i have tried.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:00   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Try Aaranya restaurant in Teacher's Colony, near HSR layout. (It is basically a booze joint, not a family place)

They serve the best tandoori chicken I've tasted in Bangalore.
This place serves good starters (including tandoori chicken) to go with the drinks, but the main course is not that great.

Directions - Go from Silk Board junction towards Teacher's Colony, Aaranya is to the left side.

Rohan
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:44   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
We landed up at the Grill House Restaurant on Ulsoor Road - Old Madras Road junction, for Sunday lunch at 3:15 pm. And, they were closing at 3:30pm. The person who took the order was very friendly though we arrived late. He explained things to us and recommended few things. We placed orders for a Tabasco Steak and a Steak Mardigras. For children, who prefer to 'drink' than eat while out, we ordered Buffalo wings and some drinks (soft, to clarify).

While waiting for the orders to arrive, this place is in the middle of the crowd and noise. Just in front of the entrance is the bus stop, where all buses going on Old Madras Road stops. For those who are not familiar with this place, the restaurant is the second building on your left, once you turn to Old Madras Road from Ulsoor Road (coming from Dickenson Road). Once you're inside, it is peaceful and a great place to be. The interior decor is all done in wood and in Wild West style. There is even a wall hanging about an upcoming show with rates in cents. There are two floors, the one you enter and another one upstairs. We took a seat in the middle of the first floor.

The sizzlers were served without much wait and they really looked impressive. Once we started digging into the succulent and juicy meat, it tasted great. We wanted our steaks to be done medium to well done. It was perfect, with the sauce and Tabasco butter. We finished the meals by 4:30pm and walked out happy about what we had.

In a nutshell, the place is good, ambience great. There is ample parking space behind the restaurant. It’s an unpaved lot, could be little troublesome during rainy days. There were not many people inside since we arrived late. Service was pretty good. Food was great and worth going back. The rates were decent and with in a grand. But then, the kids did not eat much and we did not ‘drink’.

Regards
Rex
Had been to Grill House couple of days back with wifey and it was such a joy! everything was perfect.

Note: Weekends here tend to get busier and service slack. Better to book a table in advance if you are planning to dine on a weekend evening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks