Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 10:37   #1171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Sushrutha, SUGGI is very good and very limited menu but the food is good taste and man the Green Chicken is tooooooo hot
where exactly in Basaveshwarnagar is this SUGGI ? Also, is veg food available at this place ?
Old 4th May 2010, 10:42   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Coorg Spice on old Airport Road. Couple of my colleaguesat work took me there. Good food, good prices.
Tastewise, good. But quantity is somewhat less. One biryani was not filling enough.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:58   #1173
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Tastewise, good. But quantity is somewhat less. One biryani was not filling enough.
Oh you have been there too

Yes, quantity is less. I ordered 2 plates of the same dish as it was a bit less for each. But I think the rates are competitive and for a meal of 3 we ran up a bill of Rs 350.

That included 4 nonveg dishes, 3 plates rice balls and 1 plate of sanas.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:52   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Thanks gowda. Heard a mixed review from addyhemmige.
But anyways I will try this restaurent once for sure.
I have tried Suggi 2 times. The first experience was okay. But, the second experience was very bad. I went there on a weekday evening with my family. We had ordered a variety of items in both veg & non veg and was very disappointed. The service was very slow, the food was very bad (except for some fish dishes). Although the place looks good and the ambience is nice, the quality of food has still a long way to go.

One of my friends too liked it, he said "don't go on a weekday, go on a weekend, it'll be good". I was like , If it is a restaurant, the quality of food should be the same irrespective of weekday or weekend

On the other hand, it may be that the cook had a bad day at work (like we all do), but I have never gone back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
where exactly in Basaveshwarnagar is this SUGGI ? Also, is veg food available at this place ?
This is just two buildings away from Panacea Hospital on Siddiah Puranik Road. There is a bus stop of Basaveshwaranagar 8th main in front of the restaurant.

There is also another Suggi on New BEL road near MS Ramaiah. Haven't tried that place.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:07   #1175
BHPian

Thanks Addy. I see from your experience this place is not 'a must go' place. I am a veggie, so do you recommend i go there at all ? I need to cut across the town to reach both the places as i stay in BSK.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:12   #1176
BHPian

in which store do i get saint juice in bangalore Saint Juice
Old 4th May 2010, 15:23   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Addy. I see from your experience this place is not 'a must go' place. I am a veggie, so do you recommend i go there at all ? I need to cut across the town to reach both the places as i stay in BSK.
Not recommended if you stay that far away. The food is very inconsistent. I found that the food in hejje, the karnataka cuisine restaurant in Rasa in malleshwaram to be consistent and better.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:55   #1178
BHPian

sanjaymugur - Try any of the Namdhari Fresh outlets , they stock a lot of brands of juices, Indian and imported.

You could also look at any of the major retail chains - Food world/Spencers/More/SPAR etc
Old 4th May 2010, 18:33   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Yup. You are correct. Quality is of much importance and so is the cleanliness and taste. They have both these plus points covered. But, ambiance is not that great I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Oh you have been there too

Yes, quantity is less. I ordered 2 plates of the same dish as it was a bit less for each. But I think the rates are competitive and for a meal of 3 we ran up a bill of Rs 350.

That included 4 nonveg dishes, 3 plates rice balls and 1 plate of sanas.
True to their name, they have very tasty Coorgi fare. Ask for the chef's recommendation

Last edited by whitesquall : 4th May 2010 at 18:36.
Old 4th May 2010, 20:07   #1180
BHPian

Guys,
Natural ice creams (bombay type icecream) has opened an other outlet in Bangalore / Basaveswaranagar (next to Gangaiah Thimmaiah choultry).
Recently visited the parlour & really enjoyed the various seasonal fruit ice creams. Surely a place to visit in the hot summer.
Old 4th May 2010, 20:34   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
But, ambiance is not that great I must say.
Add to that, parking. Don't even think of going there in a car. You would have to park either in Total Mall or some where else, and then walk down to Coorg Spice.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:05   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Thanks gowda. Heard a mixed review from addyhemmige.
But anyways I will try this restaurent once for sure.
Don't miss to call me when you come there for the dinner.

Quote:
As mentioned below

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
This is just two buildings away from Panacea Hospital on Siddiah Puranik Road. There is a bus stop of Basaveshwaranagar 8th main in front of the restaurant.

Old 4th May 2010, 22:02   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
sanjaymugur - Try any of the Namdhari Fresh outlets , they stock a lot of brands of juices, Indian and imported.

You could also look at any of the major retail chains - Food world/Spencers/More/SPAR etc
i have tried in all the stores you have mentioned including NILGIRI's... but no luck... i just heard that it is available in METRO's ... need to catch hold of my friend who is a card holder... also, i heard it is available in FRESHIT or some such store ... let me check it out this weekend....
Old 4th May 2010, 22:39   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
i have tried in all the stores you have mentioned including NILGIRI's... but no luck... i just heard that it is available in METRO's ... need to catch hold of my friend who is a card holder... also, i heard it is available in FRESHIT or some such store ... let me check it out this weekend....
Try some baby shops. I remember seeing this brand in Toys&Toys, Indiranagar.
Old 5th May 2010, 11:44   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
Yep Metro stocks it.
Try SPENCERS at MG Road, 5 mins back I brought a pack from there. But I'm not able to find the Cranberry flavour in any of the shops yet.
If you stay somewhere close to BSK, Try at Namdhari fresh, shop is between Deve Gowda petrol bunk & KIMS. They do stock Saint

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks