Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 17:16   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
they make very strange sambhar here - its kind of sweet!!! really hate the sambhar here
Have you tried the Udupi style sambar? Especially the one made with beetroot? Excellent. I was lucky to have the same served at the temple priest's house on Kudachadri hills.

Does anyone know a restaurant in Bangalore serving this sambar?
Old 30th June 2010, 17:21   #1262
BHPian

I went to E inn this weekend, and it was worth every penny. At INR 250 incl taxes they have a buffet with umpteen variety. Its pure veg. Had lots and lots of dishes and starters/salads. Just putting a few varieties that I remember for desserts ( 3 flavours of ice cream, 1 pudding, 1 mousse, 1 pastry, fruits, white bengali rasgulla, motichoor laddu, khowa barfi, onw type of bread cake, and a couple of more things that I dont remember), main course (rice 3 types, roti (very fresh), 5 ~6 types of vegetables and curries, chinese , dosa) also there was for starters (soup, golgappe, dry starters, boiled vegetables, salads, breads, paneer tikka and few more things). At the end they also serve tea/ coffee. There were few more eatables. For vegetarians this was the best place I have been to after Ebony.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:34   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The term 'Madrasi' doesn't seem fit here. IMO, "X Style food" doesn't seem offensive. Come on, even restaurants offer food based on styles.
I agree that the term 'Madrasi' is archaic and should not have been used. I am not offended by someone calling 'X style food', but rather the way he described the 'X style food'.

Of course restaurants offer food based on 'styles' and I have nothing against them. In fact, even I love food of various 'styles'. But the point I'm making here is that you don't have to call others' food 'strange' or something like that if you do not like it.

I hope I have made my point clear

Last edited by addyhemmige : 30th June 2010 at 17:35.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:44   #1264
BANNED

Have almost become a regular at Marry Brown (Cambridge Road-Ulsoor)

I love their Burgers and wraps. They are so damn tastier than the Mc-Donald's
Old 30th June 2010, 17:46   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I agree that the term 'Madrasi' is archaic and should not have been used. I am not offended by someone calling 'X style food', but rather the way he described the 'X style food'.

Of course restaurants offer food based on 'styles' and I have nothing against them. In fact, even I love food of various 'styles'. But the point I'm making here is that you don't have to call others' food 'strange' or something like that if you do not like it.

I hope I have made my point clear
I did understand your point at first itself. My post was for Shamanth.

BTW, one that is common for one might be strange for another. Nothing wrong.

Japanese eat snakes. Isn't that strange for us?

Last edited by DRIV3R : 30th June 2010 at 17:50. Reason: Grammar
Old 30th June 2010, 17:49   #1266
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I'm making here is that you don't have to call others' food 'strange'
You should visit mainland China - as in the country itself not the restaurant.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:07   #1267
BHPian

"X style food" is not offensive, but the comments made after that, "they make some strange kind of sambar... which i hate..." generalizing that sambar made in Karnataka are bad. If Sambar made here are so bad all the "Karnataka style restaurants" would have closed en-mass. Restaurants here makes that kind sambar because people like it. We cannot expect same sambars made in our native place should be made all over.

Suppose if he had commented sambars made in such and such resturants are not good that is fine. But his comment show as if he has tasted all kinds of sambars in karnataka which itself vary hotel to hotel and region to region.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:12   #1268
Team-BHP Support

I request everyone to please stop Sambaring
and to please get back to the topic.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:23   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
I did understand your point at first itself. My post was for Shamanth.

BTW, one that is common for one might be strange for another. Nothing wrong.

Japanese eat snakes. Isn't that strange for us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You should visit mainland China - as in the country itself not the restaurant.
What you say is true. We can sit here and say that it is strange. What happens when you go to either China or Japan and say 'Eww, what's that strange thing you are eating??' How do you think they would react?

At least in Bangalore, we have restaurants serving all kinds of cuisine, Indian and Global (and hence, this thread). But, in China or Japan, if we don't like to eat the common food there, I'm sure we'd have to starve to death

This is going Off topic here. So lets go and find some new restaurants to review!!!!

Last edited by addyhemmige : 30th June 2010 at 18:25.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:41   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
I went to E inn this weekend, and it was worth every penny. At INR 250 incl taxes they have a buffet with umpteen variety. Its pure veg. Had lots and lots of dishes and starters/salads. Just putting a few varieties that I remember for desserts ( 3 flavours of ice cream, 1 pudding, 1 mousse, 1 pastry, fruits, white bengali rasgulla, motichoor laddu, khowa barfi, onw type of bread cake, and a couple of more things that I dont remember), main course (rice 3 types, roti (very fresh), 5 ~6 types of vegetables and curries, chinese , dosa) also there was for starters (soup, golgappe, dry starters, boiled vegetables, salads, breads, paneer tikka and few more things). At the end they also serve tea/ coffee. There were few more eatables. For vegetarians this was the best place I have been to after Ebony.
I agree, I once had their lunch served at Narayana hrudayalaya, which I was told actually owns it.
The food quality was top notch and ever since that business lunch I have been planning to take the family there.
Do they have buffet for dinner?
Can one take the flyover from silkboard to reach there, or does one have to reach under it (hosur road)?
Old 30th June 2010, 18:56   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
Please let us know where it is located exactly?
Old 30th June 2010, 19:56   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
I agree, I once had their lunch served at Narayana hrudayalaya, which I was told actually owns it.
The food quality was top notch and ever since that business lunch I have been planning to take the family there.
Do they have buffet for dinner?
Can one take the flyover from silkboard to reach there, or does one have to reach under it (hosur road)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Please let us know where it is located exactly?
I dont think they have buffet dinner.

to reach there you can take the flyover from silkboard, after that continue till BIOCON, after that we have to take the service road and go a little inside on one of the roads. The hotel is multistory and the board of E Inn is visible from the hosur road (while coming from silk board it will be on your right side).
Old 30th June 2010, 20:55   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Also any recommendations for north indian food places? Please also mention the area information as I have very recently relocated to bangalore and am new to most places here. I am put up near Marathalli (on the Outer Ring Road).
North Indian:
Queens - Church Street
Oye Amritsar - Church Street and Koramangala
Mast Kalandar - Koramangala near National Games village. Also on cunnigham road and BEL circle.
Grameen - Raheja Arcade Koramangala
More than Paranthas - Koramangala
Barbeque nation - Indiranagar, JP nagar and Koramangala
Dhaba - ORR near marathahalli
Spice Garden. next to Purva apts near the maratahalli bridge. dont know if its still there.

Higher end:
Tijouri - Hotel Atria Intl. Race course road
Umerkot - koramangala

South Indian:
Andhra cuisine - Eden park cunnigham road towards shivaji nagar.

Bon South / South Indies - Koramangala and Infantry road. dont know if their Indira nagar branch is operational.
coconut grove - church street - kerala cuisine.

More options on bangalore.burrp.com
Old 30th June 2010, 22:51   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post

Bon South / South Indies - Koramangala and Infantry road. dont know if their Indira nagar branch is operational.
Indiranangar Branch of South Indies is very much operational and its right next to my office and crowd is back just like it was 2 years back. Metro construction of the road is complete and they have tarred the road.
Old 1st July 2010, 00:33   #1275
Senior - BHPian

A little help solicited. I'm absolutely in love with iHop & I love to dine pancakes, hashbrown, scrambled eggs & coffee from them. Looks like Chennai doesn't have any place that offers pancakes & maple. Could someone point out any good restaurant that serves menu on pancakes & maple? Would love to try this when I visit Bangalore. Tks.

Most Viewed