Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2010, 22:21   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
A little help solicited. I'm absolutely in love with iHop & I love to dine pancakes, hashbrown, scrambled eggs & coffee from them. Looks like Chennai doesn't have any place that offers pancakes & maple. Could someone point out any good restaurant that serves menu on pancakes & maple? Would love to try this when I visit Bangalore. Tks.

hashbrowns not sure but pancakes/crepes and maple syrup is available in Chennai

Chennai - Sandys Chocolate lab, Movenpick , Lydies on ECR, Moonrakers
Bangalore - Daddys Deli, Claytopia

edit - just remembered , you might get hashbrowns at Amethyst at RA Puram

Last edited by bottle : 4th July 2010 at 22:24.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:10   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Had food at Silver Metro Total Mall last week. food was quite good (VEG). My non-veg eating friends advised that, even non-veg was quite good.

BTW, today all restaurants are closed. Have been eating biscuit and banana since morning I feel more hungry after reading posts in this thread
Old 5th July 2010, 17:31   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
BTW, today all restaurants are closed. Have been eating biscuit and banana since morning
In my area, couple of chat shops are open since afternoon. Heavy rush there. Like Bangalore loves eating out.
Old 6th July 2010, 08:04   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
BTW, today all restaurants are closed. Have been eating biscuit and banana since morning I feel more hungry after reading posts in this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
In my area, couple of chat shops are open since afternoon. Heavy rush there. Like Bangalore loves eating out.
I felt like having a coffee, so I went out of the house yesterday afternoon around 3.00 pm. To my surprise, the Coffee Day near my apartment (on ITPL main road near Kundalahalli) was open. I stepped in, and even bigger surprise! All the "working from home" IT people were sitting inside and the place was jam-packed!
Old 6th July 2010, 09:27   #1295
BANNED

Had been to Halli Mane for the 7th time.

This place is horrible if you take their meals.

Only good for some evening Dosas, idlis, akki/ragi rotti's and some nice coffee and tea.

Dont ever try their meal package, simply not worth Rs 150/-
Old 6th July 2010, 14:20   #1296
BHPian

Had food at Chowpatty in Big Bazaar on the OMR and found it decent for the price. Being a Sunday, had to wait for almost 30 mins for the order to be served.

A Veg Sabzi, Panneer Tikka, 2 rotis, Dal Makhni and a desert for 85Rs - not bad at all.
Old 6th July 2010, 14:53   #1297
BHPian

Had been to "Sea Rock" restaurant @ Shivananda Circle. Though I had been there for couple of times, this visit needs a special mention. Me and one of my friends decided to go full "sea food". We tried Anjal Masala fry, Tandoori Pomfret, Silver fish, Surma Fry as starters and my my. . .the taste and quality of each item kept beating the taste and quality of earlier items! it was heavenly feeling all the way. For main course, we decided to go for vegetarian option since we were too full and ordered Neer Dosa with mix veg curry. This happened to be a blessing in disguise! it was awesome and it definitely an icing on the cake. Though we thought of having light dinner, our plans went to toss and we both ate 3 plates each of neer dosa (each plate has 3 dosas)!! It was a memorable experience and I will be going back there for more for sure! It's a must visit for sea food lovers! Highly recommended.

Ambiance: 4/5
Quality/Taste: 5/5
Service: 4/5
VFM: 100%
Old 7th July 2010, 11:15   #1298
Senior - BHPian

MTR has opened another branch at ST Marks road( Next to Egg factory). Known as MTR 1924.
Nothing great about lunch @ 100Rs/lunch definetely not VFM. Neither the taste is as good as the MTR in lalbagh road.
Bisibele bath, Kharabath everything tastes slightly sourish here.
Old 8th July 2010, 19:33   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Beetroot sambar you are talking about is not cooked on daily basis. These "sagar" style restaurants prepare different flavored sambars each day. For example: Beetroot sambar, Radish Sambar, Spinach Sambar etc.
That is so true. The Sagar style or Udupi style sambhar and its variations are simply great! Outstanding when hot. Personally, I dont like the 'saag-oo' ones. The most delicious sambhar of this kind is what I had at Subramanya near Mangalore. The temple complex here serves the most delicious sambhar. I believe they put a local cucumber variant called 'Sauthakai'. I also had the red pumpkin version. To discriminate, I found the Subramanya temple sambhar more tastier than the one in Dharmastala.

Will check out the Bhasyam circle one for the beetroot sambhar!
Old 8th July 2010, 19:49   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
...Andhra style biryani, which I loathe, but has everything to do with the way a Mughlai biryani was meant to be made. Fragrant, non spicy and absolutely delicious. To be had without any accompaniments to get the true taste.

Being from Kolkata, this is the only place in Bangalore where I can identify with the kind of biryani that is famous in Kolkata. Try it and thou shall not be disappointed.
Personally, Andhra style biryani (dum) is pretty cool. Someone else mentioned Biriyani Paradise in the lane opposite Commercial street police station, where it shares the street with a Mosque and odd shops. Their biriyani is fragrant and accompaniment of baingan gravy is ultimate. I have been visiting this place since 1993 and have found it consistent. I am told this place is a favourite of Rahul Dravid. BTW, another place for a nice, non overpowering biriyani is Shezan on Cunningham road. It used to be on Lavelle road. You shouldnt be surprised if you see Rahul Dravid and Srinath here. Shezan, Biriyani Paradise have been around for decades. Great for Biriyani.

For Andhra meals, which is more of a Nellore Reddy meal variety as opposed to the coastal (Konaseema) side food, then the place of choice is Nagarjuna even today. I swear by its quality and consistency over the 18 years I have been in Bangalore. But none of these have the exotic completeness of the lightly fried onion slivers on the top!
Old 9th July 2010, 11:53   #1301
BHPian

I too am not a big fan of the kolkatta type biryani being served in Lazeez (commercial street) - the thing that has whole boiled potatoes packed in. I feel its too light, bordering on being bland. I tried it once,never again.
Old 9th July 2010, 22:52   #1302
BHPian

Roadtrip restaurant Domlur

Just realized that finding one of my favourite Italian/conti food place in Bangalore is called Roadtrip - it is such a difficult term to search for! I didnt find anything on this in this thread. It used to have these vintage bikes inside, which are gone. A bike handle bar is its door handle. I believe the owner is originally a partner of the well known Herbs and Spice, Indiranagar. The other guy has his place on 80 feet road in Indiranagar. Personally I prefer Roadtrip for his fresh and natural tasting sauces - be it in the salads or the pastas. You get beer, unfortunately, restricted to Fosters. Great place. Average main course is priced around 175rs. I recommend their minestrone soup, a simple dish that so many places never get it right.

Other choices in Indiranagar for this cuisine - Medici (french mainly), French Quarter, my absolute favourite L Italia (previously part of Little Italy chain)...all on 100 feet road Indiranagar.
Old 10th July 2010, 00:24   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Just realized that finding one of my favourite Italian/conti food place in Bangalore is called Roadtrip
Where in Domlur is this located? Any landmarks nearby?
Old 10th July 2010, 01:39   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Had been to Halli Mane for the 7th time.

This place is horrible if you take their meals.........
I agree. Tried their meals once about a year back and never went back. A classic case of all show and no go.
If you want a good dosa in Malleshwaram head straight to CTR on 7th Cross. In South Blr, Vidyarthi Bhavan in Gandhi bazaar makes fantastic dosas. These guys really know how to make dosas.

Last edited by Roy.S : 10th July 2010 at 01:40.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:39   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Where in Domlur is this located? Any landmarks nearby?
In Doopanahalli, Off Indiranagar 100 ft road close to the Airport Road Flyover. Come down the ramp onto 100 ft road, cross Barbeque Nation on your left, take the next left (1st Main Road). Road trip is about 100 m down the road, on your right, slightly set back from the main road.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-roadtrip.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks