Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2010, 15:18   #1321
BHPian

Need recommendations for a restaurant in Bangalore for a (vegetarian) dinner for two on a weekday, for a special occasion. Cost no bar (4K for two, no drinks) Food should be good. Am considering West View Grill at ITC Royal Gardenia, Graze at Taj Residency. Need inputs please. Thanks
Old 21st July 2010, 19:36   #1322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
Need recommendations for a restaurant in Bangalore for a (vegetarian) dinner for two on a weekday, for a special occasion. Cost no bar (4K for two, no drinks) Food should be good. Am considering West View Grill at ITC Royal Gardenia, Graze at Taj Residency. Need inputs please. Thanks
Why don't you try 'Little Italy' on 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar? It's a fantastic place that serves only the best vegetarian Italian cuisine and that too at wallet-friendly prices (although it doesn't really matter to you) It's sweet, cozy and quintessential!
Old 21st July 2010, 20:47   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
'Little Italy' on 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar
I think they have changed name to Italia or something like that.
Old 21st July 2010, 23:59   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about Olive Bar and Kitchen? Havent been there yet but have heard nice things about it. The menu looks awesome though, check the site at olivebarnadkitchen.com
Old 22nd July 2010, 00:14   #1325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I think they have changed name to Italia or something like that.
They might have! It's been quite a while since I've been there. I should pay a visit soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
How about Olive Bar and Kitchen? Havent been there yet but have heard nice things about it. The menu looks awesome though, check the site at olivebarnadkitchen.com
Now that's a great alternative to both ITC and Taj! Olive Bar and Kitchen is quite exquisite!
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:47   #1326
BHPian

I have been a regular at Little Italy, Indiranagar. Apparently, there has been a change in ownership of this Mumbai based chain. There were issues with the Indiranagar property and so they withdrew the 'little Italy' name and its key staff such as chef. I have been to Italia in its rechristened version. IMHO, their quality is down somewhat. Pizzas are ok. But the pastas are all cooked too soft. Not andante, as it used to be. I still suggest this for its wide range of vegetarian Italian menu.

I have mentioned elsewhere on this thread that I like Roadtrip. Also in Indiranagar. One can try Medici for French cuisine. Their beetroot and something soup is great. There is a place down where Roadtrip is called Woodstok. There is Herbs and Spice on Indiranagar 80 feet road. Also, a decent Italian restaurant in World Cuisine Network (from Dubai) also on 80 feet road, indiranagar. This place has an Irish pub on the roof.

@ashwinsid - for your special occasion, I think ITC seems to be the best bet. Alternative is Olive Beach on Castle street. Sunny's is good on Vittal Mallya Road. Also, try Toscano run by Jean inside UB City mall. Choose between these for exclusive occasion.
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:10   #1327
BHPian

Quote:

Have you considered Paparazzi at the Manipal Center? I suppose they have a great view , should also fit within your budget.
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:15   #1328
Team-BHP Support

Toscano is over rated. Nice ambience to watch the world go by. found the fish dishes average and the Creme Brulee lumpy. great Pizza'a.

Fava is quite good
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:35   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Toscano is over rated. Nice ambience to watch the world go by. found the fish dishes average and the Creme Brulee lumpy. great Pizza'a.

Fava is quite good
Agree about the UB city Toscano - been couple of times and found myself underwhelmed.
The Toscano at Whitefield has been a better experience.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:38   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
You cannot miss the Biriyani zone, just follow NewPunter's direction. It sits next to the Apollo Clinic and right opposite to the SKR Convention hall.
On my way back from Chennai, went to Biriyani Zone yesterday and wasnt pleased. The chicken kabab tasted so-so, the muttons undercooked and the Biriyani tasted average for a speciality center.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:51   #1331
BHPian

@ajmat: curious about Caperberry. Have you tried this - near Manipal center?
Old 27th July 2010, 15:57   #1332
BHPian

Had been to "Kadai" near Modi Hospital, Basaveshwar Nagar after a long gap. It was as pleasant as ever. Had to wait for good 1 hour to get a seat though. . which is quite expected. It was Sunday afternoon but the restaurant was full to the brink. The wait was more than worth mind you!! We had their specialty, the all time favorite "Bangda Open Fry", it was outstanding as usual. Repeated the dish for couple of times (3 times to be exact)! Also, we had Matti Fry (twice), Kane Fry (twice) for starters and then finished the whole affair with "Kori Rotti". Ummmmmm I am getting hungry again!!
Old 4th August 2010, 20:38   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried Spice Curry on the INdiranagar 80 ft road lately? Went to it once a long time back before they renovated.
Old 4th August 2010, 20:52   #1334
BHPian

Little Italy is open in Koramangala now.

Little Italy Koramangla Bangalore - Home
Old 5th August 2010, 11:46   #1335
BHPian

Has anyone been to this new place called "Beegaru Mane" on St Mark's road. Saw it's board the other day while driving throught St Mark's road. Could not stop to check the food. The board said "taste of Karnataka". I expect to get good old beegaru oota kind of food here....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks