Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 11:24   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Has anyone been to this new place called "Beegaru Mane" on St Mark's road. Saw it's board the other day while driving throught St Mark's road. Could not stop to check the food. The board said "taste of Karnataka". I expect to get good old beegaru oota kind of food here....
Been there.
But I didn't like the food. Food is very average.
Biryani is nothing to write about.
But VFM hotel.
Been almost 3 months since I visited, Though i pass on that place everyday, but never went twice to the place.
Old 6th August 2010, 13:33   #1337
BHPian

Had been to Aroy's in Jayanagar after reading good reviews in burrp. Its just next to Mandovi.
For Thai,Burmese and Malaysian cuisines, its the THE place. The ambiance is also great and just perfect for a evening out with your wife or gf. The waiters are a bit too courteous for comfort though as they'll come up and ask you about the food after every course.
P.S : Vegetarians, proceed with caution as the taste might not be to your liking.
Old 6th August 2010, 16:02   #1338
BHPian

Had been to "Chillies" on Old Madras road (Mahadevapura, before Hoodi). It's an Andhra style restaurant. Ordered Prawn Biriyani and fish chilly. Food and service both were awful.
Old 9th August 2010, 11:43   #1339
BHPian

A friend of mine is organizing a lunch party for about 80 people. What south indian places would you suggest, he get the food from. Some place near marthalli, old airport road, indira nagar area would be preferred. Budget Rs70-80 per head.

Regards,
Old 9th August 2010, 11:58   #1340
BHPian

Have any of you been to "Medici"? on 100 ft road-Indiranagar-excellent joint for both French and Italian.
Old 9th August 2010, 12:02   #1341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
A friend of mine is organizing a lunch party for about 80 people. What south indian places would you suggest, he get the food from. Some place near marthalli, old airport road, indira nagar area would be preferred. Budget Rs70-80 per head.

Regards,
For so many people its best to get an on site caterer.
That said, for this budget, restaurants like Madhuri in Airport road serve South indian cuisine.
Old 9th August 2010, 12:57   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judemayne View Post
Have any of you been to "Medici"? on 100 ft road-Indiranagar-excellent joint for both French and Italian.
Been there twice now. Once for the Sunday lunch buffet and once for dinner. Came back impressed on both occasions.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:33   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post

Regards,
I once got catering from the Udupi Park restaurant opp Kempfort.
They brought it home and served, with all equipment like serving tables, plates etc.
It will be true with most restaurants, and you can customize your menu choices.

If you want a more traditional banana leaf lunch, check with Mouli's catering in Cambridge layout. They may have a min unmber of people.

Last edited by sriturl : 9th August 2010 at 13:34.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:55   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
For so many people its best to get an on site caterer.
That said, for this budget, restaurants like Madhuri in Airport road serve South indian cuisine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I once got catering from the Udupi Park restaurant opp Kempfort.
Thanks guys. I will ask him to check with madhuri, udupi and the likes.

I think things will run much cheaper if we can get hold of some on site caterer. Any pointers towards that?

Regards,
Old 9th August 2010, 16:15   #1345
MCR
BHPian

Had been to "Gufha" theme restaurant which is located on the third floor of President hotel in Jayanagar third block. The vegertarian food was good as well as the mocktails. Service is also top notch.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:13   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Had been to "Gufha" theme restaurant which is located on the third floor of President hotel in Jayanagar third block. The vegertarian food was good as well as the mocktails. Service is also top notch.
Even the non vegetarian food was good when me and MCR went there.
Service was very fast but only the bill came very late

I personally found it to be a bit noisy since it is closed and made like a cave and artificial bats sounds and other night forest sounds were played in the background.

Very good restaurant though...something different, something unique.

Heard from MCR that one of his boss' son wanted to go there and when he actually went there, got frightened with all the tribal dresses and safari hunters like dressed servers
Old 9th August 2010, 17:41   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Even the non vegetarian food was good when me and MCR went there.
Service was very fast but only the bill came very late

I personally found it to be a bit noisy since it is closed and made like a cave and artificial bats sounds and other night forest sounds were played in the background.

Very good restaurant though...something different, something unique.

Heard from MCR that one of his boss' son wanted to go there and when he actually went there, got frightened with all the tribal dresses and safari hunters like dressed servers
I have been wanting to try out this place since a long time. Is the place very expensive ??
Old 10th August 2010, 03:58   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Anybody know of a Buffet South Indian Vegetarian meal (lunch/dinner). I know its too many criteria but was interested to know and visit there if any. The food better be authentic . Price anywhere between 100 to 1000 for 3 people.

One more thing.. I want to take my parents to this place. It should be a decent place without college crowd.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 10th August 2010 at 04:00.
Old 10th August 2010, 07:35   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Anybody know of a Buffet South Indian Vegetarian meal (lunch/dinner). I know its too many criteria but was interested to know and visit there if any. The food better be authentic . Price anywhere between 100 to 1000 for 3 people.

One more thing.. I want to take my parents to this place. It should be a decent place without college crowd.
"South Indies" is the place for you. It is vegetarian South Indian Buffet.
Old 10th August 2010, 09:05   #1350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
I have been wanting to try out this place since a long time. Is the place very expensive ??
Not too expensive. you can try it rajesh.
we were 12 people and with all the solid food and "liquids", it cost 20k.
Our order also consisted of an expensive sea food platter (one plate 2.5k).
Excluding the latter 2, on an average, per person cost would come around 1k.
It is a bit on the higher side but worth trying out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks