Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-91.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 2019326)
Anybody know of a Buffet South Indian Vegetarian meal (lunch/dinner). I know its too many criteria but was interested to know and visit there if any. The food better be authentic :) . Price anywhere between 100 to 1000 for 3 people. :)

One more thing.. I want to take my parents to this place. It should be a decent place without college crowd.

Try the MTR near Urvashi / Lalbagh.

Try Maiyya's near Jayangar 4th block.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 2019411)
Not too expensive. you can try it rajesh.
we were 12 people and with all the solid food and "liquids", it cost 20k.
Our order also consisted of an expensive sea food platter (one plate 2.5k).
Excluding the latter 2, on an average, per person cost would come around 1k.
It is a bit on the higher side but worth trying out.

Thanks Hemanth, maybe i will give this place a try in the near future !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 2018420)
Had been to "Gufha" theme restaurant which is located on the third floor of President hotel in Jayanagar third block. The vegertarian food was good as well as the mocktails. Service is also top notch.

Yes, good food there. But the low ceiling makes the place noisy as hell. Not really the place for a quiet meal with your someone-special, but just right if you have a big group.

@blue_pulsar: you can try south indies. they have an a la carte menu of selected dishes. You can request for a meal like combination...not exactly a buffet style, but has a wider spread. There is a Kerala cuisine place on Jeevan Bheema Nagar road - Kaayal, that has Sunday lunch 'Saadhya' - again, a great spread of Kerala cuisine including pineapple chutney, etc. Please do call and check to confirm. Above The Dolphin Store, Jeevan Bhima Nagar, Indiranagar, Bangalore
10th Main Rd, Hal III Stage, New Thipasandra, Bengaluru, Karnataka
080 25205578. Overall my experience has been pleasant, though I thought service sucks.

You can try buffet at Kamat Lokaruchi
Janapada Loka, Archakra Halli, Bidadi, Mysore Road, Bangalore, Mysore Road, Guddadahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka. This place is some 60kms or so from Bangalore, towards Mysore. A couple of months back I had a buffet lunch...new section of the restaurant. Quite nice as an experience...it is again, buffet style spread, served at your table. I am not sure if it was just breakfast only...once again, call and check if they have buffet lunch. Ambiance is rustic.

Recently i happen to bump into The EGG Factory (St Marks Road),trust me the pasta was awesome.Desi penne pasta i guess is teh name.Complete Value for money
Never had anything like that before in my life.Taste was yummy.
And also tried TASTE OF TIBET (on the road second right off Brigade road in tibet Market),the food is VALUE FOR MONEY.
loved the fried momos and EGG fried rice .

Has anyone tried 1 rupee idly and dosa in Cubbonpet area?plz share ur experience .

Is there any good place left in Bangalore where we can taste some good beef? I believe the new anti-slaughter law, when enacted, will ban it pretty soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasoo (Post 2020284)
Is there any good place left in Bangalore where we can taste some good beef? I believe the new anti-slaughter law, when enacted, will ban it pretty soon.

Fanoo's at Vellarah Junction/Richmond Road and Shahi's at Indiranagar/Frazer Town serve some fantastic beef in the form of rolls and kebabs. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2020802)
Shahi's at Indiranagar

Where in Indiranagar? Any landmarks nearby?

^^ If I am not mistaken, in or around the BDA COmplex. I havent been there but Suhaas has been dangling that carrot for a long time :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 2023555)
^^ If I am not mistaken, in or around the BDA COmplex. I havent been there but Suhaas has been dangling that carrot for a long time

Is it that corner shop in BDA complex you are talking about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2023559)

Could be, Suhaas would have to confirm it. Have you been there?
Reviews ? :D

Saw review for '13 spices' restaurant at Koramangala in Hindu today. Anybody been there? How is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasoo (Post 2020284)

Vasoo - ever since i heard it may be enacted, ive been roaming around with a friend experiencing all we could lol:

- The only place - located off museum road for their juicy steaks
- Millers 46 - Opp Jain hospital on millers road for steaks
- Taj Kabab on Mosque road for their sheek rolls
- Lots of other places around Shivaji Nagar :)

for good vegetarian food,
1. (the best) Vidyarthi bhavan, they make the best dosa on earth,
2. Dwaraka, NR colony (once again famous for dosa)
3. Brahmin's cafe
4. MTR lalbagh

For best "nati" non veg

1. Prashant near gandhi bajar (ragi ball with nati chicken is the best menu here!)
2. Chandoos in malleshwaram (ragi ball with nati chicken)
3. bettayya miltri (military!) hotel. (for mutton)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 2023412)
Where in Indiranagar? Any landmarks nearby?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 2023555)
^^ If I am not mistaken, in or around the BDA COmplex. I havent been there but Suhaas has been dangling that carrot for a long time :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2023559)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 2023563)
Could be, Suhaas would have to confirm it. Have you been there?
Reviews ? :D

Have I been there? :Shockked: :D

You're right Sammyboy and Latheesh, it's that corner shop in the BDA complex.

The food is absolutely exquisite! You get beef, mutton and chicken in the form of rolls and kebabs. The specialty there is the Boti Kebab/Roll. Hot Rumali rotis are wrapped around the beef and is stuffed with freshly cut onions and seasoned with 'chaat masala' and lime. You get it in various sizes as well. The meat is beef and it is the 'undercut' of the animal or something like that. It's probably the tastiest beef in Bangalore IMO.

You do get Sheek Kebab Rolls (beef and mutton) and chicken rolls as well.

The place opens at 5 in the evening and generally closes by 11 or so. However, they run out of the famous 'Boti Kebab' by 8pm!

Prices start at Rs. 30/- and go up to around Rs. 70/-.