Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-94.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind.dk (Post 2049757)
I have no idea regarding JP nagar, but if you can, please visit prashant in gandhi bajaar, raagi medde- nati koli saar is just awesome there.

Thanks Arvind! Where is this 'Prashant' in Gandhi Bazaar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamdiesel (Post 2050017)
There is Amaravathi Bar and Restaurant (slightly dingy place) located in the corner of the junction at East End Jayanagar Bust Stand (Near Flyover), next to the Bata Showroom. You get good Ragi Mudde with Chicken Curry. Really tasty!!!!

Thanks Dreamdiesel! I heard about this place. Is this good for family dining?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriturl (Post 2050199)
Kamat Bugle Rock, near Bull temple.

Thanks Sri!

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvg (Post 2050323)
If u come near Navrang there are 2 outlets of "Keralapurada hindu miltary hotel" there they serve Ragi mudde with many varieties of mutton,chicken gravies.
Best combination for Ragi mudde is Lamb head curry(non-veg)and in (veg-andhra style) its groundnut chutney or tomato chutney with Ghee.

Thanks MSVG!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheeliej (Post 2050386)
Is it only me or have any of the others also felt this?

Now-a-days i find the starters in most restaurants are great; but the food that follows is just about ok. I have noticed this in Ping (koramangala), Mainland china (both Indiranagar and Churchstreet), Neel (RMV), to name just a few, but this is the general feeling that I get. that the restaurants are not paying that much attention to their main courses.

Or is it that once we have had the starters, and the mad hunger is gone, then the main course doesnt seem so interesting. The funny thing is that if I again go back to the starters, i still find it tasty.

What I have noticed is that places which serve liquor have good starters and average main course.

Places that don't serve liquor have average starters and good main course.

This is just a general trend which I have observed, there can always be some exceptions.

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 2049197)
Is there any good restaurant serving ragi balls (mudde) in and around J P Nagar, B'lore ?

Please suggest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind.dk (Post 2049757)
I have no idea regarding JP nagar, but if you can, please visit prashant in gandhi bajaar, raagi medde- nati koli saar is just awesome there.

One more place in Gandhi Bazaar is Kolhapuris.. Opposite to food world. Very tasty dishes. Small place.
Try Shivaji mess, next to Banshankari bus stop. Now they have opened in a big place. You can go with your family. Very good Biryani you get here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 2050634)

Better avoid Amaravathi when you are with family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 2051203)
One more place in Gandhi Bazaar is Kolhapuris.. Opposite to food world. Very tasty dishes. Small place.
Try Shivaji mess, next to Banshankari bus stop. Now they have opened in a big place. You can go with your family. Very good Biryani you get here.

Better avoid Amaravathi when you are with family.

Where has Shivaji mess opened now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMaruru (Post 2050634)
Thanks Arvind! Where is this 'Prashant' in Gandhi Bazaar?

Prashant is right next to Roti ghar. It is in the first and second floors of the corner building. The entrance is a narrow flight of stairs from the cross road. They have a separate family section. Btw, If you are looking for ambience and such stuff, forget this place.

Kolhapuri's is dead opposite Prashant. This is situated in the GandhiBazaar Market complex (next to SBI ATM). Even this is a good place.

Quote:

For family dining, it best you avoid Amaravathy. As dreamdiesel and sushrutha have already said, it is just a small dinghy place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 2051247)
Where has Shivaji mess opened now?

Opposite to Banshankari Bus stand, ther's one Kalyana Mantapa. It's in that building itself
From BSK bus stand Towdards Jayanagar - Sangam circle, take first left(busses are stopped), it's at the first floor

even you can give a try in "chandoo's" malleshwaram. ragi mudde-naati koli is too good there. but not for family!
once again as one of our friends said earlier in the forum, you should forget those "ambiance" kinda stuffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind.dk (Post 2051864)
even you can give a try in "chandoo's" malleshwaram. ragi mudde-naati koli is too good there. but not for family!
once again as one of our friends said earlier in the forum, you should forget those "ambiance" kinda stuffs.

agree:. The food is good, but the place is a total put-off and it is always crowded.

Any place where one can get good Haleem in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 2052658)

Try Hyderabad House opposite to forum...Haleem is newly introduced but is pretty good...
Quarter plate:Rs 85
Half Plate: Rs160
Family: Rs300

I cannot find scrambled eggs-on-toast anywhere near Koramangala. Any place nearby, please ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 2052658)

Gati->GatieShop

:)
I have used this service a couple of times to send Haleem to Chennai.
No Issues till date with.

The delivery generally happens the same day for order placed before 10 AM.
Delivery is between 8 and 11 PM.

Its served HOT. I guess the fly the box to Chennai, heat it in a microwave prior to delivery and then dispatch the same.

1 Kilo Haleem is good for around 4 to 5 people.

Note: Pista House is one of the largest manufacturers of Haleem. I use the word manufacturers as that is what they do considering the sheer volume they sell everyday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 2052840)
Gati->GatieShop

:)
I have used this service a couple of times to send Haleem to Chennai.
No Issues till date with.

The delivery generally happens the same day for order placed before 10 AM.
Delivery is between 8 and 11 PM.

I ordered their service, and had haleem last evening. Service was prompt, and cash on delivery. Package reached me at 9:30PM, well sealed.

Quote:

1 Kilo Haleem is good for around 4 to 5 people.

Wazat you said? I had a kilo of it all by myself. :D My wife complained i didnt keep any for her!

Quote:

Its served HOT. I guess the fly the box to Chennai, heat it in a microwave prior to delivery and then dispatch the same.

In my case, it was barely warm, but i dont think i can blame them for it, considering how far away the airport is these days, and add to that the cold weather as well.

I highly recommend their service.

I m near domlur flyover on (18th main) 100 ft road. are there any good north india/punjabi food outlets near to this place??

Quote:

Originally Posted by shwetanshu (Post 2053202)
I m near domlur flyover on (18th main) 100 ft road. are there any good north india/punjabi food outlets near to this place??

Try lajawaab, next to the ICICI bank on the CMH road. Good North Indian food.

Good place for Haleem (mutton) in B'lore-

I have been a regular for last 4 years at the Pan stall opposite the Beef Market in Shivajinagar. Its in between the Empire restaurant & the Sweet shop, just near the entrance to the Gujri, bang opposite the car parking. You cant miss the big banner.

There is a master chef who prepares the Haleem & the pan shop guy sells it !
Yummy & delicious, my regular visit after office during Ramzaan time :D

You can also try some other shops on Broadway, for beef & chicken haleem. Another must try is the Special chai & mutton keema/vegetable samosa from Savera. Heavenly combination !!

Note : Forget all about ambience, this is the real Mccoy of street food !!