Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 17:04   #496
BHPian

People interested in Gujarathi cuisine can try out Rajdhani in UB city. At 150 bucks it is VFM.
Old 13th September 2008, 11:08   #497
Senior - BHPian

Does Rajdhani have good parking space?
Old 15th September 2008, 10:56   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Does Rajdhani have good parking space?
UB City has adequate parking.
Old 15th September 2008, 14:36   #499
BHPian

My take on Rajdhani is its not so great. Food quantity is good but quality is ok, also taking into account that its pretty crowded and the overall expereince gets killed because of that.
Old 15th September 2008, 15:09   #500
BHPian

one of the food magazines has reviewed few restaurants in Bangalore and have recommended the below - what do you guys think of these?

Fresco's
Sunday Brunch 294/head +tax

36 Chowring lane
BTM layout
Bengali Cuisine

Ristorante Italiana
Marthahalli
Italian

& Toscano's
UB City
Italian
Old 31st October 2008, 11:42   #501
BHPian

Bengali food in Bangalore

Had lunch yesterday at Bengaliana in Koramangala. Fish curry and fish fry Bengali style was excellent. Had Hilsa fish curry and Pomfret fish curry. After lunch had rasgollas too. For two of us, the bill came to Rs.520.00. Overall - enjoyed the lunch and would definitely go again.
Old 31st October 2008, 12:40   #502
BHPian

had lunch at Kanva on sarjapur road last sunday. Must say that the ambience is simply superb , very earthy and the food is too good. Some good steamed rice and chicken curry , kori roti and the neer dosa is awsome. they do not sell liqour but are more than happy to serve if you carry it from outside. Sumptuous meal for 12 of us came upto almost 5k.
Old 31st October 2008, 14:35   #503
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Tried iT-lia at the Park last month. Tiny, well furnished place I must say. Might not seat many people but the food there is just awesome. And amongst all the places I have been to in town recently, they are probably the only ones who know which wine goes with what food you order.

PS: Please don't order the marshmellon with goat chesse there. Its just a waste of money. Try the sea food, specially the lobsters and prawns. And the pasta.
Old 31st October 2008, 14:45   #504
BHPian

Have gone to Toscanos twice since it has opened and must say the food is really good. They do have a problem with seating specially on weekends, and they have a very small menu, but the food is good and the ambience of sitting outdoors and having a bite is something out of europe. Its a nice place with good food and not very expensive.
Old 31st October 2008, 16:35   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
PS: Please don't order the marshmellon with goat chesse there. Its just a waste of money. Try the sea food, specially the lobsters and prawns. And the pasta.
Sounds quite exotic. What would be the damages for Lobsters and Prawns in that joint?
Old 31st October 2008, 17:26   #506
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sounds quite exotic. What would be the damages for Lobsters and Prawns in that joint?
Most main courses are in the range of 350-750 IIRC. We ordered two glasses of La Reserva, one non veg platter, a pizza, and some other dish I cant remember. The bill came to around 2.5k. The place is quite expensive, but according to the latest survey its the best restaurant in town.
Old 1st November 2008, 03:53   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tried iT-lia at the Park last month. Tiny, well furnished place I must say. Might not seat many people but the food there is just awesome. And amongst all the places I have been to in town recently, they are probably the only ones who know which wine goes with what food you order.
Great place. Special occasions, with the kind of budget I run on. But very nice, and has managed to keep the quality going over all these years.
Quote:
...but according to the latest survey its the best restaurant in town.
Always was the best for Italian food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Have gone to Toscanos twice since it has opened and must say the food is really good. They do have a problem with seating specially on weekends, and they have a very small menu, but the food is good and the ambience of sitting outdoors and having a bite is something out of europe. Its a nice place with good food and not very expensive.
Noisy, crap ambience - had to hear the shrieking of children at that Rajasthani place next door - and they didn't have the first 4 things we asked for, off the menu. The staff are not too knowledgeable about the menu, and the owner will only approach you to ask if your meal was good/enjoyable if he thinks you are up to his standards. One time I was well dressed, so he did. Second time was in floaters and ripped jeans, so no show. Toscano is definitely getting a big NO as far as I'm concerned, and if that white guy is serious about his place, he had better do something about it pronto. Though their food isn't bad.

Stumpy, if you're into fine dining (or what passes for it in BLR), try Aromas of China at the Taj, next door to Italia. Ask our resident restaurant expert for tips, he will be more than happy to share.
Old 2nd November 2008, 08:24   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Stumpy, if you're into fine dining (or what passes for it in BLR), try Aromas of China at the Taj, next door to Italia. Ask our resident restaurant expert for tips, he will be more than happy to share.
Akshay, we tried Aromas Of China near Jay's place and found it really good.Is it different at the Taj? Stumpy is into fine dining alright! I shall call you very soon for some recommendations. Got a few important days coming up.
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:20   #509
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I meant Memories of China. My mistake. AoC is good, but Memories is in a different league.
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:30   #510
BHPian

No disrespect to iTalia but the best italian and continental food in town is to be had at Olive Beach. Their menu and quality is head and shoulders above the rest but that quality comes at a price of course.

If you would like to sample pan-asian cuisine (including some chinese) do make it over to Zen at the Leela. The sushi and sashimi is exquisite, especially the salmon sashimi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks