Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 09:48   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok guys, the annual Gujrati & rajasthani food festival @ St Marks Hotel is on till the 13th of Sept.

Any one interested to go there this weekend for lunch/dinner? I will be going there for sure with family and friends from T-BHP . (have not missed it in last 4 years).

It costs 450/- per head. more details here: Bangalore Event -Gujarati & Rajasthani Food Festival
Old 9th September 2009, 21:57   #722
Distinguished - BHPian

Mom had gone to Spar today and I requested her to get me Hyderabadi Haleem. It seems it's available only after 4:30 pm everyday. I guess they also get it through Gati ;p
Old 10th September 2009, 16:18   #723
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Ok guys, the annual Gujrati & rajasthani food festival @ St Marks Hotel is on till the 13th of Sept.

Any one interested to go there this weekend for lunch/dinner? I will be going there for sure with family and friends from T-BHP . (have not missed it in last 4 years).

It costs 450/- per head. more details here: Bangalore Event -Gujarati & Rajasthani Food Festival
Good info even I was looking for this, Full ladakh trip we where searching for Gujrati and rajasthani food in road side daba but i guess it's time to have in bangalore.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:42   #724
Senior - BHPian

guys is there any authentic punjabi dhaba in and aroound bangalore.
By authentic i mean a proper dhaba not a restaurant with serves punjabi food thanks.
Old 14th September 2009, 15:44   #725
BHPian

I had been to Frazer town y-day for Ifthaar. The food that was available opposite to the mosque is just fabulous. I tried Anda-Kheema-Roti, Sheekh kabab, Roti mein Boti, Phirni and they were all really good. I need to go there again for Ifthaar. I just cant get enough of it.

You even get Haleem and many more stuffs. The chefs have been brought down from Hyderabad exclusively for Ramzan. If you are in Bangalore, then you need to try this place.
Old 14th September 2009, 16:08   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
By authentic i mean a proper dhaba not a restaurant with serves punjabi food thanks.
There is a dhaba by name "Bobby Dhaba" adjacent to gurudwara, opposite to ulsoor lake. They serve pretty good punjabi food and is not expensive for a good meal. I have been there quite a lot of times and have always found the taste good and enjoyable !! Be careful if you are visiting during peak times (lunch @ 1 and dinner @8)... you might not find place to sit for atleast 30 mins !
Old 14th September 2009, 16:12   #727
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are looking for only parathas, there is one in Aswathnagar enroute Sanjaynagar from Mekhri circle. He's got variety of parathas from every vegetable imaginable. He doesn't make sabjis though.

Edit - Name is Paratha Plaza

Last edited by JVH : 14th September 2009 at 16:12. Reason: added name
Old 14th September 2009, 17:11   #728
BHPian

Quote:
There is this place adjacent to the Ulsoor gurudwara which serves some authentic punjabi food and awsome lassi. One look at it and you feel that its actually a small home converted to some cheap dhaba, but you have to see the crowd that throngs this place to believe it. It has a very homely atmosphere and some real good food. You might want to try this place but might have to wait for sometime coz of the crowd there.

People wanting to have some good steaks, there are couple of good ones such as the "only place", "millers 69", "20ft high" but people around koramangla area, suggest you try "friends". The steaks were pretty good and the price was also absolutely nominal. The services is also pretty good considering that its not such a big place afterall.

For some yummy reshmi kababs and other tandoor items , you have to try sarengetti in total mall on hosur road. The tandoor chicken items are one of the best i have had so far and the ambience is also pretty nice with jungle atmosphere.
Old 14th September 2009, 19:01   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
T

People wanting to have some good steaks around koramangla area, suggest you try "friends". The steaks were pretty good and the price was also absolutely nominal. The services is also pretty good considering that its not such a big place afterall.
Where exactly in Koramangala is this?
Old 14th September 2009, 23:03   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
friends in Koramangala? I've always been to the one in BTM layout never knew they had a branch.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:10   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People wanting to have some good steaks, there are couple of good ones such as the "only place", "millers 69", "20ft high" but people around koramangla area, suggest you try "friends". .
It's not millers 69, it's MILLERS 46 in Millers road. Quite a good place.
Also for steaks one can try at Indiejoe.
Old 15th September 2009, 11:46   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
This is on the lane opposite to HDFC Bank, near Utsav Bar, the lane next to BPCL Petrol Pump with Adyar Ananda Bhavan or the very close to Konark Car Accessories Shop choose any landmark you are familiar with if I remember correctly, its been couple of years since I moved out of Bangalore
Old 16th September 2009, 00:33   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
People wanting to have some good steaks, there are couple of good ones such as the "only place", "millers 69", "20ft high" but people around koramangla area, suggest you try "friends". The steaks were pretty good and the price was also absolutely nominal. The services is also pretty good considering that its not such a big place afterall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
46!!! I almost died when I read Miller's 69!

Anyway, Miller's is really good, the quality never disappoints. Even the small stuff, like their fresh lime soda, and their desserts, are always consistent and up to the mark. Don't hesitate to send a steak back, their chef will personally come out to ask you for input/criticism.

Indijoe has always disappointed me. Once I fell ill after eating there -- unusual because I normally have a cast iron stomach. Another time the meat was tough, and the third time it was done wrong.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:24   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
sorry my mistake, its millers 46. Its been a while since i went there hence the confusion . Have heard about indiejoe but never tried there.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:34   #735
Senior - BHPian

loved kobe's sizzlers on top floor of garuda mall.
absolutely loved the steaks there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks